"Werewolf: The Apocalypse — The Book of Hungry Names"—Unleash Rage and wield spirit to heal the land and rebuild your fallen pack

After you earn Crow’s Gift, is it supposed to show on your stat screen or is it just invisible? I couldn’t find anywhere that indicated that I had it.

1 Like

Got update on whats required to join packs with new set of packs out?

I already know my play style, Rat wasn’t interested.

Yep, still have yet gotten past Chapter 5 yet. Still waiting on a pack that fully accepts me, not half ass accepts me, which was most of them. I didn’t fit in. Only because a wolf can’t be without a pack do I have very few choices.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s interesting because I found myself in a very similar position (and those who do want my MC, he was deeply uncomfortable with).

I need to revisit this game; it was going through a lot of updates during my first (and only) playthrough, so I kept getting kicked back in time, lol. So much so that I still haven’t finished.

3 Likes

I didn’t find the cure

So there are different cures.

One, you can synthesise with the help of your human allies if you did enough research and saved all the books/notes. This one you can only do once you’ve fought the Teufleshand(s) at the barrows.

At the barrows, you can also save the machine instead of the notes, which can stop the infection - but I think then you’ll have to reverse engineer several machines from it to save the whole community and I don’t know how much that’s possible. Still, that one machine can save Nomi at least.

Finally, Daphne can help us make a couple of gas bombs. I use them on my boss and Nomi usually. It’s extra funny because Nin turns the gas bombs into a pseudo promotion for her band. I usually get Daphne to give us the gas bombs, then save Nomi and any one other person, then move on to do the barrows fight where I can get the machine or the notes.

This is so interesting! My PCs must be so desperate, because they’re happy to go with whoever accepts them. That said, I firmly believe that we can do different play styles with different tribes. Elton is a very bad Shadow Lord, so I can always be slightly worse, for example! My Litany rejecting, intellectually curious PC always fits in great with the Ghost Council, even though they seem somewhat shady. I remember struggling to get the Crow’s gift because he required us to do property crimes and i was refusing to do any. Stealing the notes from Dr Vandergrift sufficed in the end, which, thank God! Because I freaking love the Crow’s gifts. Destroying the Answering Tiger from the inside became a hundred times easier with Giselle’s runes that my Crow helpfully stole!

The Ghost Council just requires you to have 2 out of the following three: rejecting litany, displaying intellectual curiosity, and valuing spirituality over rage.

I’ll have to see what the Galestalkers want. I’m guessing they’re not big fans of humanity. @AletheiaKnights do you know?

I love this so much! We saw what happened with Daphne. And Heinrik and EoN also seemed to accumulate lots of financial and political power but were terribly corrupted. So far, my most ‘wealthy’ (by werewolf standards) PC has done soooo many crimes and/or morally grey things. She started out her career as a stealer and peddler of books. She stole from Udolpho because he wasn’t paying her enough. She sold the laptop Podge donated to her because he thought she was poor. She got in on Drax’s smuggling operations. She stole from the houses she was supposed to be inspecting as a Cat Home Inspector. The only ‘honest’ work she did was for the vegan radio guy, but I bet if she’d had a chance to steal from him, she’d have done that too.

2 Likes

Galestalkers are looking for high Honor and convictions of “I Just Want to Survive” and “Find Purpose Through Dignity.”

2 Likes

Oh, interesting! I was thinking of doing a ‘we can still win’ playthrough by building my survival and stamina so as to do the entire investigation like a boss without meeting anyone or relying upon shelter. But it makes sense that galestalkers would be practical. Too bad my practical PCs always tend to be lighthearted ragabashes or bonegnawers.

Guess it’ll be interesting to play as a dignified garou who focuses on surviving.

1 Like

I had some trouble getting the balance right when I played a Galestalker, because a lot of the choices that raise “I Want to Survive” felt … not very honorable and dignified. I got pretty good at picking the “correct” choices, but it took me a little while to get a feel for the character I was playing.

1 Like

Probably because it isn’t very honorable and dignified, you just want to survive, with that mean comfort and riches, you haven’t fall into Harano and abandoned the fight for Gaia altogether but you still on that path, honor and dignity don’t really matter if you are dead now doesn’t it.

“I Just Want to Survive” vs “We Can Still Win” is pretty much Harano vs Hauglosk, just less extreme version of it, Clay’s pack is prime example of Harano, they already abandoned the fight, saying the war is already lost, Gaia is dead and became a bunch of bitter old fools, can’t even woke up their pack spirit to save their life.

4 Likes

Harano vs Hauglosk?

https://wta.paradoxwikis.com/Harano_and_Hauglosk

1 Like

Okay, so I hated playing as a galestalker. Didn’t help that I picked ahroun (philodox might have been better) so I had to keep backing down from things and lower my Rage. But the worst thing was that you can’t get closer to your packmates (good for an aro ace playthrough?). I kept losing my honour and failed to get Hjuki and Grandfather Bear’s gifts. I also didn’t manage to bring Roscoe back. Does anyone know what raises Honour in the first place? I usually don’t struggle much with Wisdom and Glory.

Also, after all my playthroughs, it appears to me that getting the best possible ending (where we save all our human and garou allies, including Elton, while also reifying the dead Garou) is only possible if we’re an intellectually curious werewolf. So currently I’m sort of struggling with other styles of playthroughs.

Honour tends to be about punching things in the face.

I mean, yes, winning requires you to do things related to We Can Still Win.

Isn’t that supposed to be glory and not honor ?

2 Likes

Wait,it might be, it’s been a while. You might be right.

I though Honor is about doing mostly pro Litany Sustains Us?

3 Likes

It’s really weird reading how Japanese sounding Harano is and how Scandinavian sounding Hauglosk is in a mostly-English WTA.

1 Like

I will have to give it a go soon enough.

Children of Gaia was the only one that really liked me mostly. Few others kinda liked me. Felt like ‘tolerated’ than ‘accepted’.

Not really interested in ‘tolerated acceptance’. May as well just not accept me then. I can go elsewhere. Surprised even Shadow Lords didn’t like me.

I think it was:
The Litany sustains us 3
Humans must Understand 3
Our Answer is Spirit 3
We can still win 3
Dignity & Laughter bounces between 1 to Dignity, usually mostly none either way

1 Like

Wouldn’t really say it’s mostly english, Loup-Garou is a French word and caern is Scottish Gaelic and Bane is Germanic. Harano is actually Bengali for “lost” but Hauglosk, no one really know but as far as people think, it’s either old norse or icelandic that is intentionally mispelled.

3 Likes

Shadow Lords hate litany, need high dignity.

With your conviction, the options are Children of Gaia, Glass Walkers and MAYBE Silent Striders when they are added in DLC 3. Red Talons is out of the question, definitely Human Must Pay and Our Weapon is Rage.

If you go through with Dignity or Laughter, more options will open. Dignity will have Silver Fangs and Laughter will have Hart Wardens if you keep all the others conviction the same. If all failed tho, you automatically join Bone Gnawers.

2 Likes