Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

Sem will Protect me.

7 Likes

I’m actually still debating how its going to go-- i know one scenario, Jun WILL kill you if yr stats aren’t high enough, but on the other side i’m debating if you and Sem ‘win’ will the pair of you have to run for murdering a student (as you’ll have to kill Jun to stop Jun), or should it be more of a ‘Semryu dies for you’ thing. While both are interesting, im not sure how the stats would lay out.

No matter what, it’s not a ‘happy’ ending. (unless yr uber Red and want to run away with Sem, so some of you might like that lol)

13 Likes

Like. Properly kill or what happens when the Mc dies?

@Lightsavior Jun is going to keep choosing to come back. Each night the MC goes to sleep, he is there biding his time recharging his power for another fight until he kills everyone the MC holds dear.

1 Like

@Lightsavior, Jun will be dead, as in you murdered another student t beyond repair and will probably be arrested if you don’t run first.

@Beaterxys lol that’s a fun image in my head now

No! I’d rather die for him!!.. Unless it’s one of those “you died for a few minutes” kind of things like in the first WW game. Then it would be interesting to be on the other side of things for a change. Instead of Sem feeling guilty for you “dying” and having to watch you go through rehabilitation, it’s the other way around.

And is there no way to prove that it was self defense after murdering evil Jun? Or is it possible but left up to the skill checks?

2 Likes

Like I said I’m still toying with it in my head. The chance to confront Jun comes fairly early on in WWU3, and no matter what needs to be a final ending. So, I’ve got two options, kill Jun or be killed by him. If you kill Jun, one idea is to run off with Se.m, which would be an interesting ending essp if yr dating someone. If you did try to stay, I’d need to come up with a way to give the MC an ending that didn’t spoil the bulk of the game’s​ plot for in future play throughs. If the MC dies, it’d be a perm death, but if Seem AND Jun die, there could be room for a very interesting (and addmiddedly very tragic cause Illyan would probably die as well and the MC wouldn’t exactly be unscathed by the consequences of two dead students​) ending.

So yeah just considering options

5 Likes

I’ll say I’d be pretty unhappy if Semryu ends like this. Mostly because he’s probably my favorite romanceable character from any COG or Hosted Game and it would punch me directly in the heart.

Also, I’m curious as to which parts in the game ellude to romanceable characters listed as being cis. I’m not saying they “should be” trans or anything, I just don’t remember anything that would prevent them from being trans if a reader would like to interpret them as such via headcanon. Things like that can sometimes simply be left to interpretation, after all😄

3 Likes

Lol it’s not meant to be the ‘happy ending’, not at all lol. I want the readers gut punched and heart ripped out so they’ll jump back in and make very different choices. XD

And yes, exactly. I purposely left things somewhat ambiguous because I wanted to give the reader room to interpret as they will. That and, even five (actually seven total) years ago when I wrote the ruddy thing i wasn’t anywhere near as educated on trans and gender fluid terms and such, and honestly I didn’t feel as if i put it in there back then. But even in this short amount of time so much progress has been made to educate the general public (my self included) and more and more choice games are offering gender fluid, netural and trans options that i feel I can comment on it here and (hopefully) get the coding update into the first to allow the same.

With still room for the MC to interpret as they please. :wink:

9 Likes

@WayWalkerLeigh Let that image stay in your mind but watch as it is torn apart by the hand of an MC that walks the way of montage. (An MC that has stepped from the way of death into the way of all ways)

1 Like

So, does that mean that if MC and Jun are enemies, he pretty much doomed to get that ending?
Or it will be possible to avoid this confrontation?

Considering the Jun you are talking to at that point isn’t the kind and caring Jun who we all come to know but an evil past life who just doesn’t know how to let go, idt you’ll be able to avoid it. He is most likely going to hunt you down.

1 Like

Is this conversation about WW2 or WW3?

the conversation is about how your choices will effect ww3.

Well I destroyed Jun’s evil side in the test. In that case, I would not have to face those consequences, do I?

No. Unless Evil Jun is going to be reincarnated in a separate body and remembers everything so he comes to hunt you down.

Yup, I understand that. I just think it’s will be kinda sad if players will be unable to reach large part of the game simply because they chosen not to be friends with Jun(since confrontation with them will happen early and lead to the ending, one way or another.)

4 Likes

I feel like I have to agree. It’s weird to let us cultivate a non-friendly relationship with Jun through two games and then basically ending up with being thrown out of the loop soon in the beginning of part 3…

I don’t know, but if this would end up with missing much of part 3’s content I would be slightly disappointed. It’s also a little bit unfair for people that have only saves with Jun as enemy/non-friend, as they eventually had to replay the whole series just to treat a character they got now even less reason to like in a friendly way…the way it sounds it feels somewhat as if it easily could go against the choice part of interactive fiction, and it’s not as if this in a certain way wasn’t already a problem during the first two parts.

Really if I had to name this series greatest fault it’s the railroading/cutting up paths instead of bringing them together on a main story path. It’s a little bit sad to hear that this most likely will also be the case during part 3.

5 Likes

Relax guys, you can totally avoid early death and saddness. :wink:

The confrontation I’m talking about is during the “recruit help” scene where Sem, the MC and Shelly are discussing getting help in their plan to help Illyan. If yr friends with Jun he’s helping too. If you are not, some logical questions get brought up that make the MC and Seem wonder if Juns part of what’s been happening. (Depending on the game you’ve played Jun may have tried to frame you or kill you or both, after all lol) It’s in this scene that the MC and Seem can either choose to recruit a person to help them with the plan (Genoa, Sharrah and Owen, or Jess/Umbrave if yr dating them), or go straight to Jun and accuse him of somehow being part of the plot with Illyan. It’s THAT confrontation that leads u to bad times. However, if you put off confronting evil Jun, you get to play through the rest of the game to the final climax. (That is if you don’t hit a few of the other unhappy early endings-- this is the final WWU installment after all so it’s peppered with permanent death because I’m just a wee bit Red myself lol XD)

13 Likes

Oh, so it’s avoidable, good, I already got scared that one of my saves was doomed from the beginning. :sweat_smile: Good to know that’s not the case.

2 Likes