Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

Naw, i’d never do that to you guys-- i already feel bad enough over having to cull the ‘not friends with Sem’ pathway due to branching insanity. It’d originally been my dream to have four major archs, one where you side with Jun, one with Sem, one with both, and one with neither that’d go all the way to the end, but it just quickly turned into too much for me to mentally juggle. >_<

That’s not to say it will be easy to get ‘good’ endings-- essp if you are enemies with Jun, as evil Jun would have been left unchecked for a long time, building power and causing mischief. Being friends with Jun won’t save you from tough endings either, mind you, but it’s certainly the ‘easiest’ way stat-wise to get happier endings XD

10 Likes

So speaking of Jun how rare is this um little problem? Like are past lives coming back to haunt their current incarnations and taking control of them a common problem? Cause if so that’s terrifying. I think Juns a rather unlucky fella at the end. I hope there’s a chance to at least attempt to save him even if we kinda became enemies in the first two

1 Like

Jun’s situation is quite rare, yes, though not so rare it’s not unheard of-- it’s actually a condition in the WW world known as “fracturing”, where past life personalities start to bleed into the present personality. While it’s usually not as aggressive (more to the tune of sudden drastic changes in opinion for a few minutes) as what Jun has been dealing with, it’s still a known and treated phenomena.

8 Likes

So I had a question, where exactly does the Montage stat help the MC?

Oh goodness, with everything. Montage is the Way of All Ways and is sort of like a super bonus stat. Where in a Red states might hinder you, a Montage stat might make it easier. (And via versa depending on what havock yr trying to do hehe)

2 Likes

So basically does that stat reduce the stat checks or can you bypass other stats with this one? I am asking because it does not have a clear description of its use unlike other stats in the game. And honestly for a bonus stat it seems too dammed easy to raise. You can easily get it up to 50 without even focusing on it.

@WayWalkerLeigh Correct me if im wrong but arent some people avatars. Like someone is an avatar of beleskie and so on so forth?

The avatars are usually reborn in exemplary talents but even that is very rare like one in a millennium or so. That’s what I remember from the story.

1 Like

The MC is secretly an avatar that carried over past lives and @WayWalkerLeigh is just hiding that fact so he can just barrage us with emotions. (My words ring true)

3 Likes

It’s useful, but not as convenient as it may look at first.
First, montage not always coded to help you in certain task(it’s not almighty).
Second, it’s often paired with some other stats or variables, so it can’t carry you by itself in all situations where it presented.

Also, Montage kinda similar to Willpower stat in Lost Heir - in a sense, that it raises greatly and without much work, but only if you get good start for it at the beginning. Otherwise, many dialogues that could give you Montage stat won’t work.

1 Like

I am fully expecting the Mc to be an Avatar

@Tuhin_Subhra_Maity – i’ts more like a buffer for stats you already have than a catch all “i can do anything” card. usually in the code it’ll read *if ((stealth >= 50) or (montage >=55)) or ((stealth >=40) and (montage >=45)) then rescues, ect. Its rare for the Montage stat to get you a success on its own, and even then it’s got to be HIGH. (wwu2 you needed easily 45-60 to do harder things, in three the numbers are around 60-70 to pull off crazier stuff.) The concept is that Montage being the way of all ways the stat itself encompasses your ‘flexibility’ and capacity to integrate new concepts, while the Red literally speaks more toward being a very self-serving manipulative. Originally the idea was that each stat would have a high a low and mid-level result, with the highs and lows also sometimes having a Montage or Red affect as well, kinda like in WWU2 if you throw a energy ball at the ink monster and you have both a high red and rosin, you put a hole through the wall. However, that was extremely complicated and i was unable to put it in for every outcome, so it’s only in there sparingly XD

@Beaterxys – there are Avatars in the world yes, but as Tuhin said it is rare, and there are several levels of consciousness that go along with it. The person who is the current Avatar of whatever Child or Aspect is referred to as an Incarnation when they don’t know yet they are an Avatar. When they become Awakened, they remember their past selves and then know who they are. (though this two, has levels to it-- you usually don’t wake up one day and a like, 'i remember 5,000 years worth of lifetimes and all the secrets of the universe now") While Incarnations are almost always Exemplary Talents and usually pretty powerful, they do not come into their true, holy crap Avatar powers until they are Ascended-- which is a state of extreme power that they don’t stay in all the time. (i literally used to call it the Avatar State for years and then Last Air Bender came out and i had to change it DX) Once and Incarnation becomes Ascended, then they are called the # Avatar of whichever Child. (there are also confirmed Incarnations that become Awakened but don’t get to full Ascension, they are given Incarnation tiles. So, if you ever read the novels and you hear about the ninth Incarnation of Rhean Ascending to the Fifth Avatar of Rhean, this is why.numbers not cannon)

I will remind you as well that the MC is NOT an Incarnation of any Child or Aspect, but i have confirmed there is an Incarnation at the school in WW:U. :wink:

10 Likes

@WayWalkerLeigh My hopes to be an incarnation of death or the way of all ways. You, sir, are cruel. But seriously, incarnation of who? (If you dont mind me asking)

2 Likes

Honestly, I doubt that. I had such thought at the beginning, but then I saw what I think is Leigh trying to do more… grounded story in WW setting. About hardships of (more or less) simple Exemplary in his school years.
MC planned as kinda of Normal comparing to true Power Houses of story, like Sem, Illyan or Jun.

But, of course, I can be wrong.

edit: Got ninjed by author XD

3 Likes

lol not telling til the game comes out. I like watching you guys speculate. Though i will say it is not any of the ‘core group’-- Semryu, the MC, Shelly, Jun, Ay’cure(a), Kess, and Umbrave are all no-go. :wink:

1 Like

it’s owen. incarnation of either rosin, angani, ulic or desmoulein.

5 Likes

@Darakkuu_Nobelu – yeah, Dara, that exactly it. The MC power-wise is ‘normal’ for an Exemplary (sometimes less if their Rosin is low) but their choices as a person greatly affect how the others literally live their lives. Both Jun and Sem can benefit or suffer terribly from the MCs lack of or fully given friendship, and the idea that how you choose to treat others can so greatly alter their paths and thus the paths of many others is central to WWU as a whole.

@Beaterxys – lol that was a quick conclusion there. I won’t say if yr right or not, but why do you think so?

2 Likes

Damm it, I always was suspicious that there was something fishy about the little prodigy.
Otherwise it could be Illyan.

1 Like

Owen and Illyan seem to be the favorites. :wink:

2 Likes

Not to brag or anything but I did knock Sem out with a telepathic mind blast and beat Clay in the duel so maybe the MC can be considered a bit above average.

3 Likes