Way Walkers University Sequel--suggestions and feedback

I must admit, with these characters I’d quite like to see some romance, although with 14 year olds I think it’ll be difficult to pull off realistically or well. But onto bigger things. I’d very much like to see more of the setting, the protagonist is pretty much stuck in the school for most of it, and when he/she can venture out it doesn’t particularly illustrate the world very much. I think the main plot definitely needs more depth, in the first installment I was surprised to find that the history project I had mentally shelved as fairly unimportant was actually the main plot, it felt a bit sudden being taken to the interrogation and the stuff that came afterwards.

On another note, I’m not sure if the protagonist’s “death” at the end is unavoidable, but if it is, then it’d be interesting to see the long term consequences, the question of “will the protagonist ever be the same” raised at the end of the first installment seems like it could be very interesting to explore.

1 Like

@13ventrm --i’m going to try o get the students ‘out’ a bit more, but for the sake of sanity i’ll not be trudging around the far corners of the Continent–so, Tar’citadel only. lol If the series as a whole does well, it has been suggested to do several ‘Way of’ CoG titles (Way of the Red, Way of the Warrior, ect) utilizing the world in a larger scope–but again, we need to see University do well enough first. One thing at a time.

Romance will come and i think it’ll surprise you–i plan on making it a good portion of the sequel, but still avoidable for those who don’t wish to get involved. It will be keeping to PG-13 though, as you’all are playing as 14-year-olds, after all. lol

On the history project–be prepared–one of my favorite things to do is hit you with the unexpected–a single seemingly innocent choice can mean the difference between life and death, and what you *think* is important sometimes isn’t. :wink: Its what makes the ride fun–and let’s be honest, realistic.

Yes, the death is avoidable–hard, but avoidable. I *do* have plans for the various long-term consequences, at the very least being some difficult moments because of it. As well as the social ramafications of freeing Ilyan to kill the wraith if you had. :slight_smile:

As a 14 year old myself, I guess I’m blind to how hard it is to write romance surrounding kids my age :stuck_out_tongue: . I’m looking forward to the PG-13 action and possibly borderline R-rated action if you think you can pull it off. :wink: I would also like more interaction with Umbrave and have him be a romantic interest.

I’m just gonna be blunt and honest about what you could improve on. I didn’t like how there were quite a few spelling mistakes in the game. While most of the text was error-free, the spelling mistakes stood out like sore thumbs, and took away some of the fun out of the reading (of course this is coming from a grammar Nazi so my opinion is biased). While it may be too late to fix those, you can still prevent this from occuring in your sequels.

@mistylavenda LOL. I’m only a few years older than you but I think I was a bit more… tame. Ahem. Nowdays, you guys are all clued up on R-rated stuffs!

@Dooly Blame the interwebs :wink:

@AlyssaP I blame the schools.

@Reaperoa having been subject to both the internet and schools, I must say I think the interwebs are the leading factor. The things on my facebook page…

@Dooly --you crack me, up!! XD Have fun trying to melt the ice mage in the sequel lol

@mistylavenda — i know about the spelling errors. it’s a bit of a sore spot, as the game WAS copy edited beforehand, but when it was beta tested, we found the errors, but CoG had already submitted the game to apple so, yeah i couldn’t get the corrections in before release. Needless to say it was a bad situation with a unprofessional copy editor (who i shall not be using again) and the current errors shall be fixed in a future patch. The sequel will NOT have any such problems if i can prevent it. But yes, such errors haunt my dreams. :L

THAT being said…Umbrave shall be up for grabs as well in the dating pool–and i’m so glad to hear someone wants to date someone other than Semryu! lol :slight_smile:

@Reaperoa and @AlyssaP – I blame the books, personally, look at that 50 shades of gray nonsense. O_o;

@WayWalkerLeigh Melting the ice mage? That sounds like a challenge :wink:

@AlyssaP --yes, yes it is. :wink: :smiley: :wink:

I blame the fact that since no one wants to engage in an intimate relationsip with me I must take it out by playing text games on my phone and fantasize about romance.

1 Like

@mistylavenda that’s the life of most teenagers really, well, all respectable ones anyhow

@mistylavenda and @AlyssaP that is not limited to being a teenager, fyy. XD

Not a problem, Tar’Citadel has the potential to be a very complex and engaging city in its own right.

Well out of the male student population Sem is currently the only one I really want to date Jun’s far too moralistic and most of my characters usually don’t even get to know Umbreave since I’m a sucker for drama and almost always go for a (leading) role in the school musical.
I personally hope we get to see more of the International market (preferably on a date with Sem). Also aren’t our characters going to be 15 for at least part of the sequel? I so wanna celebrate my character’s fifteenth birthday on a date with Sem.

Ah, to be young now, If I’d had todays interwebs in my late teenage years it would most certainly have prevented a series of rather embarrassing and painful incidents with a wonky underdeveloped gaydar.

I’ve replayed Way Walkers about 10 times, and I always die when the “dragon” attacks T^T

On another note, I think we need more choices that affect our status. I believe we are given too little. You can give us some of these choices in class; for example playing a prank to increase Red, talking telepathically with other students during class to increase your relationship with them, drawing to increase Bree, sneaking out of class to increase Rhean, paying attention in class to increase Ulic, etc.
You might also want to include a cafeteria scene, a time when students try to sneak out of the dorms to attend a party in the city, or even a time when the player sneaks into another person’s room to play a prank or gather information.

For romance Sem is a must but I also think the boy Jun hangs out with might be a good romance option. Introducing a new character as a possible romance might be a good idea. Someone the player meets in the city or another student.

You may also want to bring in a couple of random events to add to the replayability.

Just throwing out a bunch of ideas

@idonotlikeusernames – I think the majority of the readership wants to date Sem, and i have no problem delivering this. XD I’d love to walk around the market, but for the life of me i can’t think of anything to happen that’s all that interesting short of shopping. O.O; But the birthday…that’s brilliant. There’s a dozen things i can do with that, and i don’t think it’s been done before. Consider it cannon.

@nyxkora – you and i think alike. :wink: Just about every choice you make in WW gives you a slight stat boost–but with the first installment i was worried about maxing-out, so i cut back a bit. The sequel will have a broader range to expand more-so, and a lot of the things on yr list i’ve already considered for sure. Question though–what would you want in the cafeteria other than a food fight? I can imagine some fun Energy Manipulative actions there, but where u thinking something broader? Sneaking out has been considered–for more reasons than just a party. :wink:

Sem, absolutely, as well as the Ay’cure/Ay’cura character–and another same-sex option has been added for good measure. So overall, if you prefer opposite or same-sex you’ll have two options each *other than* Sem and Jun, and if yr bisexual you’ll be outright drowning in potential paramours. XD So…have fun! lol There’s also the option to be solo and just keep your friends as friends as well w/o disturbing the plot. :slight_smile:

I’m going to stay off of using the *random option for events, simply b/c that means there’s a chance you’ll never see a certain scene. And, because, let’s face it, i’m going to have enough reread options as it is. XD But i *will* be incorporating a few more ‘for fun’ scenes that have less to do with the plot and more to do with the experience of being at Tar’citadel–though good luck determining what is and isn’t important. :wink:

not sure if its already said, but it needs more characters, I find it hard to believe that an exemplary talent, who is as nice as the player makes them out to be has like 4 friends.

@Thatdudeoutthere --lol i’m trying to expand it. I have a thing about just throwing people in there for ‘it’s a body’ sake, and and want to make sure the friends you do interact with have some depth and personality. Do keep in mind it’s also about how the main reacts to people–being friends with Semryu is a deterrent for a good portion of the student populace. If you are being pretty social with most of the characters, you’ve got Jun, Jun’s Friend, Semryu, Sarah, Owen, Kess, Umbrave, and to some extent Genoa as well. As far as *i* know (and i might be wrong) this is a lot more in-depth characters than most CoG titles–and im not even counting the various teachers, masters, Headmaster Crispin, Master Cael, or Illyan. O_o;

Basically i’d rather have a smaller group of good, well-developed characters than a gaggle of faceless minions. XD That being said, the cast shall be expanding a bit in the sequel as well, adding both new and developing existing ones more–so i hope that satisfies. :slight_smile: