(W.I.P.) A Hag Called Fate(Update: May 17, 2018)

What got you to make A hag Called Fate :first_quarter_moon:

3 Likes

Demon Lord Of the Labyrinth. Because it never came out.

Really.

I always liked those kinds of games and was looking forward to day it finally come out. Then it was still in draft revision. Other games were developed and made in the mean time but it stayed in draft revision for years. It was very disappointing at first, but after the third year of it still being in revision I thought “Well, why not me? Why can’t I try making something along those veins if I like the idea so much?”

Of course, things take development time and all that. I’m aware. If it was easy, I’d have had something updated by now. I’m just saying that was the thought process when I was younger and…yeah.

11 Likes

I have read your work to me you did great on A Hag Called Fate I wish the best

3 Likes

What monster that will scar crap out of me

1 Like

Hey~! You came back to it! And you added the bi option! I’m so happy I came back to this WIP! Anyway, I love that we have a sibling. Also that our body is… declining, shall we say?

I’m still playing it the way I did when I first found this. My character is still a vaguely flirtatious, serious, proactive angel that has a soft spot for a good bath. Though, I did notice I couldn’t tell Gregor that I was in love with the previous Grand Father. Did I just make a decision that negated that?

Honestly, I feel that the current Grand Father’s status being “Alive” is only because of his relation with the former Grand Father. At least for my MC, that and because the people need a leader. She, and the other Overseers are not leaders. I mean, neither is the Grand Father, but his blood is likely enough for the people… for now.

Y’know, after establishing that my MC loves a good bath, I can’t help but imagine scenarios in which one (or all) of the heroes comes across her; bathing. In which case, she acts like a scandalised maiden and shoots a low level magical bolt at them. I mean, low level for her. It would still kill a smaller creature.

1 Like

love how you think xXOtakuKonekoXx on grand father

2 Likes

Great story, looking for stories like this. It has a lot of potential imo. Just that grammatical errors are many as I observed. The flow is a bit rough and dialogues sometimes are bit confusing well in my perspective. Improve the lore, world and character development, I am definitely looking forward to this game. Good work! :wink:

3 Likes

interesting i just want more

2 Likes

Mighty fun being lazy. I look forward to more!

1 Like

So this project of mine has been left in the ditch for a while now and it’s unclear if I will ever be able to get back on track with it. I did however, do something today.

A possible concept for cover art. Mind you, I’m not the artist I used to be. I’m not married to the design, but hypothetically it should be better than nothing. I hope. People are welcome to say if they love it or hate it(But not too critically, please, because my heart is really fragile.)

I wanted to capture that retro rpg look to go with the themes but also make it clear that there’s something just not quite right with it as compared to a typical rpg as well. I think I accomplished that at least.

Maybe? ....No?

heart-menu-pixilart%20-%20Copy

I am not a professional artist , nor even writer, which is clear if you already read the wip.

22 Likes

The narrative is hilarious, and I love playing the character. There are some grammar mistakes, though.

It definitely needs a few touch ups, if I ever get back to continuing this project. It’s only recently that I have some thought on how I could progress the story. In my head, it’s a good concept. Whether or not it actually is in execution, would be different.

Question. Does the special ultimate artifact thingy that corrupts and twists things because that’s what they do in all rpgs, really only do that for everyone except for yourself? Or do you just think that you’re perfectly the same way you always were?

4 Likes

You mean like red lyrium from Dragon Age or the one ring in Lord of the Rings?

To me this art work looks cool :grin:

Technicaly most of the artefact are possessed by evil entity (Ex : DQ8 with the evil taking control) so it depend if you can resist said evil entity, if you can you shouldn’t be twitsed.

Other ultimate artefact that aren’t possessed actualy have the reverse effect, it’s the users who is corrupted and so the ultimate artefact ‘grant their wish’ in such a way (Ex : DQ 9 with the Yggdrasil fruit)

1 Like

It does capture those things well. :smile:

But as someone who doesn’t have that nostalgia for for retro games, it doesn’t do anything to pull me in as a potential reader. :thinking:
It doesn’t really make me think of this game, and it wouldn’t make me stop and play the game, if I didn’t already know and love it.

But, as said, it does feel retro and like something is a bit wrong, so if that is what you want, it definitely works. :blush:

4 Likes

I can see your point and while I would love to be making stellar art that captivates the masses, it’s out of my reach of feasible goals. There are many skilled artists out there who have art that belongs in a museum. Mine, belongs near it. In the dumpster outside.

It’s possible I may be looking at things the wrong way when it comes to design. I wrote it. I already know what the narrative is like and what the story is. People looking at things for the first time, aren’t going to. Obviously, not everyone is going to like the same things. I think it’s safe to assume, the largest portion of people who are interested in me getting to work for once , sometime, would most likely be fans of roleplaying games in general.

Much like my other project, what is that people would want to see?

After deciding to go against my first thought of “Cat Girls”, the concept currently eludes me. It may be worth some time to think over, carefully.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s a bad idea from a marketing point of view, and I wouldn’t discount it from the words of one person.
Most gamers has that retro-game nostalgia, I just happen to be one of the few that doesn’t.
For me, that nostalgia point probably lies pretty firmly around Final Fantasy X, as that’s the first J-RPG I ever played, and Neverwinter Nights and Morrowind for western RPGs :thinking:

And yeah, designing the perfect cover art is a seriously difficult task. :pensive:

1 Like

So, I realize this is probably a bad answer but, just the facts.

Due to needing to delete my dashingdon account and reload everything, the link was lost sadly as well as the files, including my thumbdrive having went missing, which I kept a backup copy for this exact situation…which I can’t find because I put it somewhere safe so I wouldn’t lose it…

If I want to make a classic version, it will essentially be needed to be recreated from memory. I really can’t be sure anyone would want me to do this or not and even if I went ahead with it, it’s unlikely that I’d keep it all to how it originally was.

On top of that, this would be more or less an outdated version replaced by a revamped game that can be found here HCF:Redux(Soon to be renamed) W.I.P. (October 25, 2019, 100k words)

It’s nothing close to being the same story or characters, though the themes and overall style is kept mostly the same.

I think I actually requested that this old thread be locked at least for a time, but there was something with that for reasons, I don’t really remember.

9 Likes

Per Author Request