Vendetta: Rise of a Gangster

@Rogar The word ‘knighted’ has a very specific meaning in English (the act of being awarded a knighthood–ennoblement–by a country’s monarch) and doesn’t really fit with Prohibition America, so I’m not exactly sure what you mean. Sorry.

If you mean will you be able to take / be elected to very high political office yourself (the closest comparison), then probably not. But you will be able to control that person, both for your own protection and as a weapon against rivals. While I do personally feel that many politicians are indeed no better than crooks (probably as true now as it was then! :slight_smile: ) becoming one yourself is not intended to be an actual aim in the game. Your aim is instead to rise through the underworld hierarchy and, I suppose, ultimately become “Capo di tutti Capi”–Boss of all Bosses. In Vendetta: Rise of a Gangster, crooked politicians (and similar) are merely tools, there to be used and then discarded when no longer of use.

Las Vegas is still at least two or more decades away from the first game but, if the series continues, it–or something very similar–would certainly become a prominent storyline, just as it was in the real history of organized crime. You will however have the opportunity to become involved in the gambling racket (although on a much smaller scale!) in the first game, yes.

@HoraceTorys It’s a request I’ve seen posted a few times here & there and it’s hardly a great chore to repeat a link. Also, sometimes I haven’t myself been intrigued enough by the concept to actually bother searching for the link, but if it’s easily found I’ll usually take a look . . .

@13ventrm The definitive 1920s gangster weapon of choice absolutely has to be included. We’ll be fudging history slightly as it wasn’t actually commonly available until 1923 (so won’t appear until a later chapter, and will start out being very expensive) but there’s no question of not including it! :smiley:

As for the new scene, yep, that’s the ‘balancing issue’ I mentioned earlier–lack of incentive to just go home at that point. Those three main route alternatives are supposed to be a critical early decision, but that wasn’t made clear enough with the home option being somewhat . . . apparently less rewarding, shall we say.

Dino and his boys (there’s a third one–currently locked up on a vagrancy charge) are only a good option in future if you have the necessary skills to take over leadership of the crew and knock them into shape. If you can manage that, you have the makings of your own future gang from a very early stage.

Chuck and his established crew is the middle-of-the-road option. Being your uncle, you can potentially become ‘heir apparent’ and learn leadership along the way. It will just take longer to make them your own gang.

Joining Ginelli’s boys early on is the easiest option, both financially and otherwise, but in some ways (specifically, your stats) also the riskiest, as that bunch is in the middle of a war with the powerful docklands Irish gang over control of the booze distribution racket–and, of course, you start at the very bottom and have to work your way up, earning every promotion.

All that said, there will be some opportunity in Chapters Two & Three to switch your overall strategy to a different major route, if you find you’re struggling because of your chosen character’s stats.