Vendetta: Rise of a Gangster -- Withdrawn

Vendetta, I have just joined this site, but have been addicted to CoG site for awhile now. When I finally discovered that I could access works in progress I nearly had a heart attack lol! When I played your game I instantly fell in love with the writing, setting, story, and characters! You really need to complete your story! For yourself, for all your supporters, and for the all the others works of art and games that were never finished. At the end of the day nobody is ever going to love someone or thing 100%, but that doesn’t matter. What matters is that you stay true to your vision and make this game the way you intended it to be (which is amazing so far!). Please continue working on your game, and don’t worry so much about people like Canisa, she is irrelevant and can’t force you to change your story. Never let your vision die!!!

1 Like

@ScalrletGeisha: And your thread would be where?

I’ve played your game a couple times. I really liked it and thout it had lots of potential. Please don’t stop now. If it makes you feel better, I’m a girl too and don’t really care about the gender choice.

@Epicazeroth My thread would be here http://www.choiceofgames.com/forum/discussion/199/samurai-a-warriors-path-in-progress-/#Item_423

It looks like I’ve a few apologies to make.

Firstly, to Jason, for completely misconstruing his closure of the Vendetta thread. In (somewhat calmer) hindsight, it was precisely the right thing for a forum moderator to do as that “debate” was going nowhere and was completely out of control. I did Jason–and, by extension, CoG as a whole–a grave injustice with my knee-jerk reaction, but I hope they can understand that my misunderstanding at the time was caused by anger and sheer disappointment, not malice.

Secondly, my apologies also to everyone else on the forum for even rising to the bait offered by my detractors. Had I not done so, had I just ignored it as any sensible person might, then things might not have come to a head as they did. I’ll try to bear that in mind in future.

I should also say sorry for leaving the forum hanging for several days. This was entirely unintentional and was caused by me taking my partner away for a long weekend break, as it was her birthday last Friday and (to be frank) I just wanted to get away for a while and reflect upon my plans for the immediate future.

And finally, I would also like to say sorry to Canisa. While I still don’t agree with her point of view as I don’t believe history should always be whitewashed to suit modern perspectives–even in leisure entertainment–I could perhaps have not reacted to every barb and just let things slide more, on the very sound basis that we would never see eye-to-eye on this subject so why even bother arguing about it?

In closure (as this simple “sorry everyone” is turning into something of a speech) I would also like to thank everyone for your support and encouragement, both public and private. I am very happy to announce that I have resumed work on Vendetta: Rise of a Gangster. I’ll start a new thread when a major update is available (hopefully within the next week or so), in hopes that we can leave this whole sorry mess behind us.

3 Likes

I’ll pass this on to Canisa.

@jasonstevanhill,@Vendetta

I suggest, as a fresh start, that the last thread be deleted. Maybe this one too, when his new thread comes back. We’ll all start new, no grudges, no hate, just a good author asking for suggestions and feedback to his new game.

@vendetta
Glad to hear it man, look forward to reading your amazing story.

@MrYoungzman Humans have a tendency to remember things though…

Thank Comrade Lenin!I was getting nervous with all the waiting.

We also have a tendency to forgive. Also, future CoG members don’t need to know the argument that happened there :x.

And some people think people don’t need to know about WWII. But they’re wrong. People need to know about past conflicts so they don’t happen again. Though whatbi said is kinda overkill for just a thread.

That’s a fair argument. I was just suggesting, so it’s ultimately their choice.

Or we can not post here ever again since Vendetta’s already started up the new thread.

1 Like

Yeah, well, it should probably be locked. That’s for sure. Waste of space now.