Vampire House (Complete)

good writing so far, is enjoyable ( maybe you need to add a bit more choices) GJ:smile:

Good WIP hope for more and great focus on romance just wished for more details about everybody and more choices. There really that much of a description of Roxanne when we first encounter this person. Can we do more like explore the mansion maybe find secrets and such leading to the past of Elizabteh. But keep it up great work!

Duly noted. In truth I’m struggling a bit with that part.

I’ve had multiple people say this thing’s been more book than game. I don’t know if that’s good or not, but it’s certainly how this thing is shaping up.

Expanding the characters is in the work now. It’s in the form of ‘activities’. Every romantic interest will have one, and it’ll give me a chance to flesh them out.

As of this update, the only characters who have any activities scenes are Matthew and later Elizabeth. Roxanne’s time is coming. And Malka’s. We’ll have a second male love interest soon as well.

oOo

I’ve made a bit of progress on this update, but it’s nothing groundbreaking. If you have the sneak skill you can get a peek at the game’s villain. (Turns out we are having one!)

Exercising has been added to the end of day tasks as an option, but going to the gym is slightly more effective.

Cool , the story gets even more intense and interesting, I guessed the villain but I’m not sure whether it’s the right one

Thanks for responding and how do you get the sneak ability? Villain that would be good even with going with Matthew I think I already know in particular if that group entirely or just one person is the (villain)'s are Elizabeth and Roxanne of same breed or are one of them a different monster. That would be intriguing

And we’ve got another update here. We’ve got a scene added where the player can hang out with someone on Saturday. And there’s some more magic nonsense.

oOo

Truthfully… the villain’s actually not an established character. That first scene with him is that character’s first scene thus far.

You get the sneak ability by reading ‘Path of the Ninja.’ It can be bought for 1$ at the bookstore.

I developed the skill of sneak ability but cannot proceed the story beyond that and the relationship status with malka raised from 50 to 80 in a single hangout ,thats cool .fighting and hunting skills are not mandatory right?,great update keep it up​:+1::+1::relaxed:

Im in the middle of reading ypur WiP, it’s very good. I like the interactions between MC and the vampire girl.

Only a couple of things to mention. After I chose the female character Mrs Leavitt says to me “hello, young man.” Also, at school on the second day Mathew calls me “Alex”…

Will update as I read along.

Alex can still make sense; it’s used as a nickname for girls named Alexis or Alexandra sometimes. But the young man is a bug. Adding on to this gender stuff, playing a female character and hanging out with Elizabeth’s cousin on the weekend in the newest update had her calling me Elizabeth’s “boyfriend”.

That’s all fine and well except that I chose my own name in the beginning instead of running with the preset name.

Update
I can also buy the $250 outfit from U Central even though I have only $80.

I also tried to change clothes and got an error that says “result undefined”

I also have a question about the studies. Do you need to mass study for the grade to go up? I’m yet to see a change. Is it supposed to be like that? I feel like the choice isn’t worth choosing as I’m stuck at a C.

Second play through, played a guy this time, skipped ahead. Ran into this error while talking to Roxanne.

1 Like

Ah, that’s a problem then :smile:

Also @OdicHastings, really liking this game so far. Thanks for it, and keep up the good work!

1 Like

Some off the skill won’t show up in the stats screen such as charm an empathy, i’l have to check for any other’s. Also if one your explaining to Roxanne Gray why your in the woods the second time, the only option you can do is say “noting” or it will freeze and Lastly when you go with Malka to the mall you can’t mention going to the other side of the mall or it willl freeze.

In a side note i’ts a rather nice WIP the romantic concept it’s self is actually rather charming.
( by the way English is not my fist language, so please excuse my grammar error) :sweat_smile:

(Hopefully) fixed all the bugs.

oOo

Turned out I forgot to stick the ‘*return’ commands into the sneak skill’s reading subroutine. I think the rest of the books are fine.

Nah, you can totally skip fighting if you want. Your character won’t die or anything. It’ll probably just change some scenes later on.

Afraid that actually was a bit of a goof on my part…

Also, thanks for catching that ‘boyfriend’. It’s fixed now.

Thanks for catching that. when I did a find/replace to fix the gender words I forgot to do a search for Alex’s name. They should all be fixed now.

Fixed the glitch with U-Central. As for the clothes changing part, turns out I forgot to add the subroutine for that to the compiler. That’s also fixed now.

Studying raises your academics by 2 each time you do it, and by an additional 2 if you’ve finished ‘Secrets to Studying Success’. I may make studying more effective later on. I’m not worrying about it until I’ve actually added that exam in. If it takes too much time to get an A, I’ll probably make studying more effective. Otherwise, I’ll leave it as is.

Thanks for using a screenshot. It made it really easy to find that error. Turned out I’d made something of a syntax error. It should work now.

Thanks for finding all that stuff! You were a big help :smile:

Turned out I forgot to add the newer skills to the stats screen, They’re all there now. I also figured out how to make that conversation with Roxanne work too.

Thanks for the help!

No worries. Glad to help. With the grade thing, even small increases like going from a C to a C+ after a some time spent studying would be acceptable. Likewise for the physical training. Showing some kind of change is better than no change at all in my opinion. That’s okay, I just wanted to make my MC nerdy :relieved:

If you buy the goth outfit and then visit the other store, if you return to the goth store you wil get this error:
subShopClothes line 71: It is illegal to fall out of a *choice statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block.

Pretty late, but eh. I was referring to how our eye color was always green and our hair color was always black.

1 Like

And we’ve got an experimental update here. I wanted to try my hand at adding an interactable area. Truth be told, the areas not quite where I’d like it to be in terms of exploration, but it serves as a good prototype, so if it turns out this whole thing was overwhelmingly a bad idea, I’ll have only lost a couple of days instead of say… a week.

As always any feedback you have is welcome. I’d particularly appreciate your thoughts on the function of the new level.

oOo

That’s a pretty good idea… I’ll have it in by the next update. It’ll only involve expanding a couple of if statements, so it’ll probably only take ten minutes.

Thanks for catching that. Consider it fixed!

I’ll think about it. Right now the only issue is that the main character’s looks are never really mentioned very often. It’s not exactly a visual medium, so even if I gave the player eye and hair color options, I’m not sure it would really effect anything beyond that very first scene.

And we’ve got another update here.

Sunday is just about done. And after that, I’ll be done with the file I’ve been working in for the last week or so.

It’s about 2500 lines long, and 12000 words.

In the future, I think I’m going to make it a rule where one day in game is represented by one file. If I have to go back and fix anything in that file, it might be hard to find stuff.

Also, I think I know when the final day of the game will be. October 31st. Halloween. Thanks everyone who’s been playing!

5 Likes

Will we get a chance to make a pact with a demon.
(What can I say thats something I would do given the chance) so that he can reside in our body or soul and we get something in return?

@faewkless
But wouldn’t that turn the MC into some kind of evil abomination? :smirk:

Having a demon inside your body doesn’t sound very healthy to me.

Edit: Interesting, I wonder how that internal battle could be shown in the story…