Vampire House (Complete)

I still saw a lot of gender mismatch comments while playing as a female MC.

Also I’d have prefered my female MC pick up a goth dress or skirt/top combo rather than trousers - maybe that could be a choice?

1 Like

Oh! I completely forgot about that! I made a mental note when updating the genders to go make a fork for clothing options. Still forgot.

when I was changing things I didn’t check the subroutines since they had so little character interaction in them.

As for the mismatched gender usage… I think I need to play through the game slowly. So far I’ve just been trying to manually find incorrect usage in the text editor.

That… or maybe I’ll try find/replace. Thanks for reminding me about the clothes thing.

Edit: Cool. Find/replace proved quite effective. I’ll push this out as a minor update. Females get a different goth outfit. And I know I’ve said this before… repeatedly… but I’m pretty sure I got the gender usage worked out.

1 Like

opague wants to be opaque :smile:

GET A LEG ON!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Anyway will we get a chance to learn more magic stuff.
-leans on edge of seat-

i’m surprised you managed to flip that table without even standing up.

Elizabeth is also a romance option Right?

I like all the new content your adding all throughout the game and not just adding on. I did find one error though.

“Hun?” Roxanne smiled nervously. "That’s what boyfriends Elizabeth stared at me.

Will this game be having a villain?

When you play games as much as I do you flip tables alot.
So I decided to master the art of the seated flip.

• subWorkout line 15: Non-existent variable ‘fitness’

In the dinner scene Malka is referred as Elizabeths niece instead of cousin.

Well, so far, it’s been pretty good, this has potential.

But I would really like to have some options to customize my appearance.

Also, when. I got to a part where I learned Empathy, it referred to me as ‘Alexander’ instead of my chosen name.

1 Like

Hooray for being able to play as a girl! I love supernatural stuff and dating sims, I think there’s a real niche for something like this. A lot of games have romance options, but that’s not really the same as a game that focuses on it.

1 Like

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ this needs to be finished asap because i’m already a wee bit obsessed haha

For reasons beyond my understanding, my spellcheck didn’t update with the rest of notepad++, somehow rendering it unusable until I manually started another update. Very odd. Also very eye-opening in regards to much I depend on that thing.

That’s a big… maybe. I’ve got a few ideas in mind, but we’ll see.

Of course, man. In fact, anybody’s name that’s under the debug thingie in the stats menu is a romance option.

Thanks for catching that. It’ll be fixed in the next update. (Coming soon! With more Matthew!)

ooh boy… I’ve been struggling with this one. But, the thing is, I want this game to be primarily about the romance. Most games on this site have a romance option, but it’s never really fleshed out. It’s always kind of a side thing.

But at the same time… I think having a villain to tussle with can keep me grounded and focused. The player has multiple romance choices, and I need to have a path I can keep to no matter who gets chosen.

I was hinting at something with the black book’s journal entry. Specifically implying danger could come from using that spell. However, I wasn’t sure what I wanted that danger to be.

I do have an idea for a villain, but… I’m just not sure it’s what’s best for the story. I’m still mulling it over.

*page_break

Edit: …I could probably delete that with this edit, but… nah. Because that is a hilarious mistake to me.

Thanks for catching that. It’ll be fixed in the next update.

Customizing Alex(is)'s appearance in what way?

Also, it’ll be fixed in the next update. Thanks for finding that.

Thanks! :slight_smile:
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t aware of that niche and trying to take advantage of it. On the plus side, I am definitely one of the people who are a part of that niche, so at least I’m enjoying what I’m writing.

…also.

you’re the author for Monsters of New Haven High!!! Squeee! I love that game. Big inspiration actually. Romancing monsters in that gave me the idea for this.

I shall do my best, therealslimkaty. The next file is a touch big though. It might still be a few days. Unless I decide to release half the file first, then the rest later.

The next file covers a week in game, so there’s a lot there, but it’s not all just one scene. I can probably just wait til I hit a significant milestone with it, then release a part of it.

oOo

Because I haven’t been able to figure out a save system, I might just make a short cut at the very beginning. It’ll skip players past anything they would have seen, and give them some stats/cash. I’m sure by now it’s reached the point where there’s a ton to click through.

3 Likes

You have a wonderful WIP here, I’m enjoying the game so far! The characters are looking diverse and interesting, so far at least, so I’m looking forward to seeing more. My favorite scene so far is when you’re at dinner and you get a chance to subtly insert “I’m sorry” to Elizabeth. I’m a dork for those sort of things haha. Keep up the great work!

@CrownCrypt what choice are you referring to?

When you’re talking to Malka, you can choose the option “…scared you’d be lynched.” and then follow up with “I’m sorry.” Hope that helps!

Ok 2 things what will we be using fitness for and when we get the choice to either read or study I would like the options to either do something athletic or magical

Well, thanks man! In terms of character diversity, I am disappointed in the lack of male options. We’ve got three girls, and only one guy. Hopefully I can rectify that soon.

I’ll work on adding a ‘workout’ option in the next update. The magical one’s is still in maybe territory. There’s some plot nonsense I have to workout. We’ll see where it goes.

oOo

And we’ve got an update. Fleshing out the first visit to the Hunter’s Lodge took far more words than I thought it would, so I didn’t even get to the end of the first day of this week long file.

Because I couldn’t figure out how to save, I’ve added a skip after character creation. To those that have played as much as they could last time, this’ll drop you off right after that last point with some cash and bonus relationship values for most characters.

I also wanted to say… thanks for all the encouraging words. You guys have been really great while I’ve been working on this thing!

2 Likes