Upcoming Games by Lucid

Hey, I made something.

I finally put together a website for my games. It’s not very fancy, but at least it’s something.

8 Likes

I now have my own domain name and my little website is now linked to it, yay!

Check it out. www.lucidgames.ca

I finally have something in place. Now I can link it up all over the place, and if I ever get the time/ability/money/motivation, I can make it even better in the future. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Can you consider creating a detailed timeline if you have free time?

1 Like

There’s a timeline on the first page of this thread:

Timeline:

1. Daria: A Kingdom Simulator (WIP)
  2. Life of a Wizard
  3. The Lost Heir
  4. Last Wizard
  5. Hero of Daria: The RPG (WIP)
  6. Life of a Mobster
  7. Paradox Factor
  8. Life of a Space Force Captain (Releasing May 5, 2022)
7 Likes

Still traumatized

2 Likes

I feel you, playing that game probably already drove me insane, now I know how Subaru from Re:zero feels like when he’s continuously being returned to the past after dying

2 Likes

Interesting.

So that means that temporally-speaking, Life of the Mobster is far into our future, since our world is currently around (or slightly past) the time of Last Wizard (since LW deals with a modern Earth character pulled sideways to Daria).

2 Likes

That’s awesome. :slight_smile: Yes, it’s a darker story, but I really enjoyed it. I’m currently going through the game right now to fix small things before the re-release. Lately, I’ve been hooked on music from Encanto (amazing!) but it sure doesn’t fit this mood. I’m going to have to dig up something moodier.

Success! :slight_smile:

Perhaps, assuming that the Last Wizard’s magic was only spatial and didn’t pull from the future or past. :slight_smile: But yes, that’s mostly correct. :smiley:

5 Likes

The song perfectly fits someone who’s been screwed over by life and is going to change that, and the nightcore version is actually creepier than the original.

2 Likes

That’s just the timeline for your games, I meant a detailed timeline for every event that happened in all of your games and upcoming ones

1 Like

Well, see, in Life of a Space Force Captain, they initiate Time Compression. So every event happens at exactly the same time.

1 Like

Awesome! I ended up playing an Amazon playlist called “Sad Songs.” :slight_smile: Seemed like a lot of soft rock from the 80s.

Oh! I know Nightcore. My teenage daughter has expanded my listening and viewing content drastically over the years. I wonder if my games will start to reflect anime vibes?

I think that would be closing in on a million words now. :slight_smile:

Welll… :slight_smile: Time travel isn’t readily apparent in Star Force Captain, but… No spoilers. :smiley:

I’ve been having a blast editing Paradox Factor. I mean, I wrote it 9 years ago, wow. Yes, every event happening at once (remember past and future) is mentioned in Paradox Factor.

In addition to seeing the old story, I’m seeing VERY old code. Wow, I did some odd things and some outdated things.

So far my major updates to the Paradox Factor re-release is:

• Addition of a non-binary gender option. You could already choose to marry a man or a woman, so this is a no-brainer addition.
  • Spacing! One of my own philosophies for writing games wasn’t followed as well. I had some long text walls that I’ve added Next buttons to. Some of the paragraph spacing being fixed also, but that’s trickier because of the nature of the game. What might seem like the same scene on the surface is actually a collection of moments from various decisions.
  • Smoother phrasing. There are a few spots that needed some tidying up.
  • Changed choice options to first person, as is standard.
  • Added some extra hints/nudges, for those who get stuck. :slight_smile:
  • And errors. I found one that has been there all along that I fixed. I’ll likely find more.

So, no big changes. Same story, same sequence of events, same game. But a little more polished.

Okay, back to work and back to the moody/depressing/sad/forlorn/hopeless songs. :smiley:

5 Likes

You would need a team of writers to pull that off, the Detailed Timeline I mean

Is paradox factor getting a reboot or something? I’m a little confused with that one being on the upcoming list. I vaguely remember playing it before when I first got into HG and CoG.

1 Like

It’s the same game (with a few minor polishings and tweaks), being released on Steam for the first time.

1 Like

Ah seems fair enough, will the tweaks be on app store and itunes as well?

1 Like

To my understanding, there’s only one version of the game across all platforms.

2 Likes

That’s right. Paradox Factor will be released on Steam for the first time.

To celebrate, I’m getting some new artwork and fixing a few minor issues. The updated version will go out to all current platforms.

5 Likes

I’m so glad to see it getting a Steam release - it’s an amazing game and deserves the widest possible audience!

It’s near the top of the very short list of games I just find myself thinking about sometimes, even if I haven’t played it recently.

3 Likes

I wonder what happened in the period in between Life of a Wizard and the Lost Heir trilogy. The short bits of it that we get to see in the Legacy Advantage plot, and the general differences present between both stories, are tantalizing. But I want to know more!

2 Likes