Ultimata (Fantasy WIP)

Yes! 100% down with the option to play as the race

3 Likes

Thank you for your assistance everyone. It’s really great to see that this significant change is met with such approval and I will promise to give it my all to make this new additional race as detailed and well-build as the already existing races.

By the way, since I got a couple of questions regarding the exact playable races here is once again a overview of all the playable races (including the Soulmancer Classes):

Kitsune
Dragon
Grey Wolf
Raiju
Lhoran
Sinari
Succubus/Incubus
Soulmancer

• Duelist
  • Gunslinger
  • Archer
  • Lancer
  • Medic
  • Blade Master
  • Rider
32 Likes

So will you or have you updetad the old demo

I still have to update it and I hope to do so before the end of the month.

27 Likes

Ah, good to see one of my favorite authors working diligently on one of my most anticipated WIPs.

11 Likes

Man I really feel like choosing Rider just so I can summon my mount while in a bar and have it do a little dance

5 Likes

A very nice idea, though I believe it would attract a bit more attention than you would like if you suddenly summon a grown-ass dragon in the middle of a bar. I mean, most Supernaturals are used to some weird shit happening around them, but even they have their limits.

4 Likes

just how big is this bar?

:fox_face:

2 Likes

Given the fact that you have races like Centaur, Arachne, Giants, Kraken and other races with larger bodies and porportions running around it would probably be a couple of times larger than your usual bar or pub. Well, at least if you want to accommodate a majority of them.

5 Likes

I have been wondering what had happened to this WIP. I have really enjoyed what there was. :wolf:

Quick question, if it’s not too much of a bother. Has any of the background lore changed from your earlier posts, like with the ancestors and what not?

The only background, ancestor and origin that actually changed is that of the Archer Soulmancer. The rest are all still the same.

3 Likes

Thanks. Personally I’m rather fond of the Duelist subclass, but all that I’ve seen is wonderfully written. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone asked this already, but what is the soul form and powers of the medic subclass? Is it only supportive or is there some sort of offensive ability like, A defibrillator gauntlet?

1 Like

So time ago I posted a couple of informations regarding the Medic, their lore and capabilities. I hope this answers most of your questions.

Summary

Here are the informations about both the ancestor of the Medic MC and her weapon. First lets start with the weapon:

Asclepius (named after the greek god of medicine) appears as a simple silver Pepper-Box Revolver with a wood-clad handle free of any special ornamentations. Typical for a Pepper-Box Revolver, Asclepius possesses six connected barells, which revolve around its central axis allowing for fast and rapid fire. In terms of appearance Aclepius is rather unimpressive, especially compared to other famous Soul Weapons like Excalibur or Masamune. It is clear that its creator was more interested in functionality than uniquness. However, there is still one unique part sets Asclepius apart from other Soul Weapons and that is its handle. The handle carries a carving which recides a famous quote from Hippocrates, the father of Medicine. “Cure sometimes, treat often, comfort always”. However, the probably most unique part is the form of the carving. It isn’t carefully carved, but instead looks like someone simply took a knife and cut it in by crude yet still precise force.

And now the intel about the ancestor:

The original holder and creator of this legendary weapon was Florence Nightingale, a woman of the British Empire from the 18th~19th Century, who was revered as the strongest maiden of her time, known for her unconditional belief in saving people and opposing the cruel “ era ” and “ world ” she lived in by using the means called nursing and health care. A nurse with the simple yet strong desire to help those in need, who reformed the entire antiquated nursing system by using private funds to build modern facilities, while also improving the situation of nurses. Till this day she is still revered to as the founder of modern nursing.
However, her probably most famous acquisition was her involvement during the “Crimean War”, where she served as the nurse manager of the British Empire’s Army Hospital. During the war medical standarts were at an alarming low, costing more Soldiers their lifes than actually saving them. Nightingale, not being able to accept these catastrophic conditions, roused herself and the nurses that were together with her in conducting a reform of the wartime medical treatment that had been reduced into such a hellish condition. Although “the mortality rate of the wartime clinic skyrocketed” for a time, she continued her work without bending from her beliefs and thoroughly enforced and permeated sanitary health and proper nursing, gathered materials by throwing away private funds with no regret, and after half a year, led to success by saving many lives. Eventually, she managed to curb a mortality rate that was close to 40% to a mere 5%. However, those weren’t the only actions that granted her such fame. The other reason was her commitment for the wounded. Whenever there was someone hurt or in pain she didn’t rest until she managed to help and comfort them. She would even go as far as to tend to wounded soldier during raging battles, risking her own life in the process. These actions and commitments granted her the title “Angle of Crimea”, which was given to her by all the Soldiers she saved.

In terms of combat and fighting Florence was very different from other Soulmancern. She was someone who despised violence, even agianst her enemies which is the reason why she often refrained from using her Soul Weapon. Instead she relied mainly on hand-to-hand combat, which combined with her great medical and anatomical knowledge allowed her to take out most opponents without causing lasting damage. However, the fact that she rarely used her Soul Weapon in combat doesn’t mean that she couldn’t use it. Quite the opposite actually. She was a excellent marksman and had an aim that could only be rivaled by few. However, the way she used those attributes in combat combined with Asclepius were another thing that set her apart from other Soulmancern. She used it mainly to support her allies during combat, by using her own Soul Energy to create bullets that could heal them or strengthen their attributes and powers. She would also create bullets that could take out opponents without harming them, like sleep or paralysis bullets. To put it simply, her fighting style was like her beliefs to help and protect others, even if it sometimes meant to protect them from themself.

The Medic still has a couple more unique powers and abilities (like their Ultimata for example) that aren’t listed here and which I won’t mention, at least not yet. I mean, where’s the fun in spoiling everything already.

16 Likes

So will there be different kinds of demons that you fight in the story or just succubus and incubus ? And are willing adding more demon races to be playable ?

That sounds awesome, I think I know what I’m gonna play :blush:

Yes, you will meet other types of Demon’s during the course of the story. However, there will be no demon’s who will act as actual antagonists in this story. I’m sorry if this may sound a little harsh, but I’m sick about always seeing Demon’s as the bad guys. I’ve seen so many fantasy story here on this forum which put a Demon in the role of the main antagonist and I simply think it might be time for some new approaches. I mean, there are so many fascinating supernatural races who could pose as great villians and antagonists. It doesn’t always have to be Demon.

Well, it might definetely be nice to have more demonic races as playable options. However, I have already quite a bit on my plate with all the already playable races so I don’t think I will add anything new. At least for now.

10 Likes

You should make an angel the antagonist. You know they can’t be trusted.

6 Likes

Love the idea. Sadly, I already have a Antagonist for the first book. Nevertheless, I will keep your suggestion in mind. Who knows, maybe I might even use it in a future book.

6 Likes