- Trails Lead Home is an (overly ambitious) fantasy game with a focus on relationships and finding one’s home. The aim is to make most of the player’s choices matter in some way and to affect the characters (and potentially the world) around them. There are plans to have quests and mysteries for the player to unravel and to encourage the player to decide where home lies for their MC.
- For now, there is only a language warning and even that is minor (imo).
- This game is fairly linear right now for set up purposes, the following chapter should allow for more freedom.
- There are no doubt countless grammar mistakes, scenes with weak writing, and frequent mentions of ‘briefly’ (it must be my favorite word).
- Plans for four romances + a ‘secret’ romance. This includes a polygamous couple for the player to join, two RO’s that can be potentially also poly-romanced, and one monogamist RO (see RO/PO names below).
- Currently the demo only includes the remade ‘prologue’ that has a current total of 5,366 words.
- Choices are still spread out but the available choices are used to set up chapter 1.
- Character creation is small but includes height (small through tall) plus feminine, nonbinary, and masculine pronouns.
- ROs are not yet introduced but the plan is you meet them all in the first portion of chapter 1
|| ROMANTIC AND PLATONIC OPTIONS
Galeon and Hollond are a pre-established couple that can (only) be romanced together.
Finlay is a knight of the realms and can be monogamously romanced.
Greta (previously Nanami) is a mischievous woman who is open to either monogamy or polygamy.
Lesilfae is a softhearted merchant who, like Greta, is open to monogamous and polygamous romances.
The secret RO is female but other details have yet to be shared…
[First started/same day fixes]
– Fixed a mention of Stockholm syndrome that wasn’t meant to be left in there.
– Fixed broken save plugin.
– Fixed a pronoun mistake where an instance mentions a non-binary character as a ‘he’ rather than they also a spelling error I had overlooked when referring to ‘the lady’.
– Added more to chapter 1 [Not spell checked]
[1 / 6 / 18]
– Finished chapter 1, slimmed-down everything [a lot of words got shaved off]
– Changed some things, moved things around
– no spell checks or plot hole checks
Remade prologue from scratch
Added minor character creation
Added more insight to the family dynamic
Added aesthetic choice regarding drinks
Minor Spell checking [more to come when I have time]