Too Different Discussion Thread

In the birthday party I believe.

That elevator feels like a tower from an overhead RPG Adventure game I like except we don’t have to do 4 floors of puzzles between worlds.

Should have mentioned earlier that this game looks really promising. Is four members as big as our party gets?

1 Like

I went ahead and tested it for a couple of *page_breaks in with all four backgrounds, but couldn’t replicate the bug. Do you remember which mother you chose?

Ugh, no! I don’t think anyone would want to either play or write that many puzzles!

Thank you very much!

Yes: you, Emil, Yelena, and the species-specific character (Orisons, Dread-Sight, Larua, Abireth).

The were one.

1 Like

Okay, so I tested it again, going through all of the *page_break’s in the birthday scene with a half-Were MC, and didn’t notice any reset bugs. So I can only conclude that your finger must have accidentally slipped, or else something funny was going on with the hosting site, like maybe you were playing it while I uploaded an updated version or something, and that caused it to reset.

THE FULL PUBLIC DEMO HAS BEEN RELEASED.

This means that I will no longer be posting story/content updates to this thread. Rather, I am going to work on finishing the ending(s) and then making a different thread to call for beta testers. If you would like to participate in the beta, please keep a look-out for that thread. This one, though, should be for discussion of the game and bug reporting.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me while writing Too Different! (:

EDIT: I caught some bugs last night and fixed them this morning.

EDIT 2: Added all of the exploration scenes to the Weres part and fixed some issues with the timing of certain choices.

16 Likes

Greetings to the whole three people that still remember this thread!

I have begun beta testing for this game.

If you want to participate, please sign-up on the beta thread here.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I would like this thread to be for discussion of the game and not for talking about the beta. : )

10 Likes

Just finished the demo.

It was fun, though I dearly wished the stat page required less buttons to navigate.

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words!

And yeah I am probably going to streamline the stats screen before final release – I just noticed recently that it is kind of a pain to navigate lol.

1 Like

I just wanted to say that I have submitted the final draft to Hosted Games.

A HUGE thank you to everyone that has given me their support over the years, as well as to the wonderful beta testers that helped me – you guys rock! ^ _ ^

15 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

I realized that I forgot to say this, here, but Too Different is getting a Steam release! Stay tuned for releases on that platform and others soon!

10 Likes

Yay! :hugs:

Get into the yoink*-position! :smiley:

* As in grab!

1 Like

Where is the link to game? Has it been released already?

2 Likes

Here is the link to the Steam page. It isn’t out yet, but looks like it will unlock on October 8th.

Hope that answers your question! (:

4 Likes

Does anyone know what happened to this one? I checked on Steam and it says it’s coming soon, but the release date is still 8 October. Has it been postponed?

I’m looking forward to it tries to wait patiently in the corner

4 Likes

Yeah, I had thé same question in mind.

1 Like

It looks like it’s available on Steam and on the Hosted Games app at the moment. Perhaps they just haven’t made an announcement, yet?

EDIT: Looks like I spoke too soon! Here is the announcement thread.

4 Likes

Thank you lovely author! Also congratulations on the release!

2 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Thank you two very much! (:

2 Likes