To the Whistling Winds (WIP) [UPDATED 09/18/2020]

Thanks for the question! I kept each brand vague in the game because I know everyone has a different fashion sense and their ideal choice still might not be in the choices. If you do want to look up reference, though, I can give you some brand names to check out!

Evergreen: Everlane, Uniqlo
Red Hook Apparel: Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, American Apparel
Archer & Sons: Scotch & Soda, J. Crew.
rosify: Lululemon, Patagonia, Adidas
The Way We Wore: Your favorite vintage outlet :slight_smile:
Twisted Wives: Hot Topic, UNIF, Killstar

Hope this helps!

11 Likes

rosify is confirmed to be the best brand. no i will not accept criticism

1 Like

Yeah I mostly wear leggings because I’m short and jeans never really fit length wise. I like lazy wear.

But if I had the money to, I’d shop at Anthrologie :joy:

1 Like

I literally know none of those brands. Fashion wise, my mind only comprehends “iT cOMfiE n FitZ”

6 Likes

Haha, both valid approaches! I know some people like picturing their MC’s exact outfits, and some people don’t. I’m definitely more on the ‘specific outfit’ side of things (I’d devote entire pages to the Covey’s outfits if that were like, in anyway digestible to a reader), but I understand brushing past that as well.

During lockdown, my mood is definitely more comfy > style.

1 Like

Wowwwwie. This one had me so enthralled that I have to type my first forum post about it.

You had me at faeries, and you kept me with an evocative writing style, fun and interesting characters, and letting me be able to choose my characters fashion sense. SO worth not going to bed at a reasonable hour. Definitely the best choice of game I’ve ever played, and it’s not even finished yet. I’m on the edge of my seat here!

But really, this felt like an interactive novel and I adored every second of it. I love the attention to detail, you either really did your research or you’ve worked at a theme park before. And the pacing is actually one of my favorite things about this! I feel the story unfurled in a very organic way, especially since there are some things you’ve alluded to that haven’t come into the spotlight just yet. All in all, you really set the stage. Keep up the good work!

6 Likes

Oh my gosh, thank you for your words! This was such a nice message to wake up to. :slight_smile: I’m honored to be the subject of your first forum post.

I’m really glad you’re enjoying my game, and that both the plot and the gameplay structure are resonating with you. I know customization isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I know that it helps me integrate myself better into a story, and I’m glad to know others feel the same way.

I hope you continue to enjoy playing through my game, and again, I really appreciate you taking the time to write this message out!

15 Likes

I just opened drabble commissions for TTWW on Ko-Fi! Exciting stuff!

Currently, two slots are left, so please check my page out if you’d be interested in commissioning me! :sparkles: There’s more information, pricing info, and details on the Ko-fi page.

7 Likes

Would you be able to explain the drabble a bit more? I’m a bit tired and it sounded interesting but I couldn’t quite understand it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

There’s more information in the Ko-Fi page, but I’ll copy and paste some info here!

A drabble would be 500 words. In general, I’ll need:

• Some information about your MC
  • Which RO you would like
  • A prompt!
  • Your tumblr OR your COG forum name so we can stay in contact.

An example prompt would be “MC forgets about their anniversary, and RO confronts them.” A longer or more specific commission can have a more specific prompt.

Will do: implied smut, mild violence, horror, poly romance.

Won’t do: NSFW, extreme gore or horror, furry/ABO, or any content I deem offensive or inflammatory.

On my Ko-Fi, you’ll see that there are two different choices that have different prices.

Hope this helped!

11 Likes

Hi everyone! I hope you’ve all been well.

November is a pretty busy month for a lot of people, and it certainly is for me. I just wanted to write a general update on how TTWW is progressing.

While I haven’t been able to share any public updates since my uni term started in September, be assured that I am still writing! Things are going slowly, but steadily. Realistically, the next playable update will probably be in December or early January and I would like it to comprise of Chapter 5 in its entirety.

I want to thank you guys for the warm reception and great, helpful feedback for TTWW, and I appreciate every question or comment you send my way. As always, please share if you have any thoughts on my game. I love hearing them!

29 Likes

Hello everyone! I just wanted to write a brief update on how TTWW is progressing so far as of 01/08/2021.

Current word count of Ch 5 is 7.3k, and the current word count of the entire game is 75k. It’s very exciting to write more of the ROs now they’ve all been properly introduced, and I hope you like them too!

I do have a question for you, the players:

Would you rather I publish demo updates in segments (probably half-chapters), or only when full chapters are completed?

What kind of updates would you prefer?
  • Segmented Updates
  • Complete Chapters

0 voters

Please let me know what you think, and please stay safe and healthy, everyone! :slight_smile:

17 Likes

First of all: look at this AMAZING banner that @Roast made for me!

ezgif.com-gif-maker

Secondly, the poll closed today, and the overwhelming majority of you guys voted for updates only when full chapters are complete. The same was generally said on Tumblr, so I think I’ll keep sticking to my usual schedule of…not having a schedule!

The first few chapters were easy to publish on a regular-ish basis, but as branching gets more complicated, the chapters get longer.I will do my best to frequently update you guys, and I’m also always on Tumblr if you guys have questions! (Also, the blog got a fresh new theme).

Updates as of 01/19/21:

• Chapter 5 word count at 15k.

• Overall game at 85k, (Average playthrough is 48k).

• Added the much requested height and glasses options for MC! They don’t change much plotwise, but they add flavor if that’s your jam.

• Some choices and text have been added to previous chapters.

34 Likes

Just wanted to say that I started this demo during my lunch break and was so engrossed I forgot to eat. Really fantastic! I’m hooked.

2 Likes

Oh, and one very minor thing. I noticed in the stat screen it says ‘a olive skinned person’ instead of ‘an olive skinned person.’ Other than that I didn’t spot any mistakes.

1 Like

@Barb
Wow, high praise! I’m so glad you liked it, and I hope you did end up eating lunch! Thank you so much for pointing out that error - I’ll have it fixed in the next update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unless I’m really trying to search for grammar mistakes and whatever have you, most of them just fly over my head lol. Usually I just enjoy the game/story for what it is, and sometimes I can’t help but notice some things. Like this. I just wanted to know what you meant by this.

This

This caught me by surprise and my chaotic neutral brain suddenly wondered what it’d be like if my MC wasn’t born at a young age. Ngl, I sympathy winced for MC’s mother. That… sounds like it would hurt a lot.

But since she was talking about her parents, I also wondered if you meant MC’s parents had her when they were very young.

I also feel like I’m a terrible person b/c whenever ROs become wary of liking my MC, my chaotic neutral brain once again butts in and takes that as a challenge lol. It’s suddenly, like, if I don’t get them to fall head over heels with my MC, I’d regret it wholeheartedly.

Anyway, I’m glad I found this story. It keeps me coming back for more and the witty humor keeps me entertained. Great stuff :+1:t2:

2 Likes

That’s sarcasm. MC is trying to be cheeky by oversharing information and being verbose in a joke-y manner. You can see that MC is joking because it’s very obvious everyone is born at a young age. So it’s kind of like a “duh obviously”-moment. Hope this helped :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see! Well, I tend to miss written sarcasm lol. It usually just flies over my head, so that’s good to know. Though, my brain definitely had fun with the other scenarios too.

1 Like

@Niveous

Yes, pretty much what @Fay said! MC is being sarcastic in a very dry sort of way. They’re making fun of Ernest’s questions by giving him a lot of information that’s all pretty useless.

I’m so glad to hear that you’re enjoying the story so far! And your alternative scenarios were very creative, haha.

2 Likes