To the Whistling Winds (WIP) [UPDATED 09/18/2020]

Who do I choose…So many good ROs…

Bridget is a pun lord

Well that was an easy choice.

1 Like

Only one of these ‘sometimes’ is enough.

1 Like

Thanks for catching this!

2 Likes

Lol I’ve done the same thing for one of my stories that involve fae.

2 Likes

hey @bubblesodatea, I just played the demo through anew, and I have a quick bit of feedback about a stat-defined choice right after you meet Mars in chapter 2.

I feel like the charisma requirement to make the initial generic park spiel interesting was a little high. The MC I envisioned for my story run highly favors Charisma, closely followed by Perception (for the other two stats, medium Wit maybe, but for sure relatively low Athletics), so it was kinda odd for me that I wasn’t able to choose a “charming” option.

I thought I had made a good amount of charismatic decisions prior, so when I peered into the code, I was lowkey disappointed that I missed the cutoff by a hair.

It would be really nice if you could lower the requirement just a bit!

Otherwise, I had a great time reading through the updated demo! The story flowed pretty nicely, and my attention was captured the whole time. Love the flavor text/choices, but you already knew that haha! The fashion descriptors defined by sale alerts? Genius! :purple_heart:

I’m curious as to why the MC seems to be a Fae magnet :thinking:. I’m also looking forward to finding out what each of the six’s motivations to be part of this Covey is. The living room scene tells me they’ve all got good reason to be.

Also! Alejo and Teddy! The sweethearts! (I thought for sure my MC was gonna go for Alejo but Teddy is adorable! We love our lil mom friend! :blue_heart:)

3 Likes

I actually have a theory on that but idk if it’d be a good idea to share?

1 Like

@Jordan_Kelley
Sure, you can share your theory! I won’t confirm anything, but I am interested to hear what you think. :slight_smile:

@fisheye
You’re always great at pointing out options and story-logic things that I miss, so thank you so much for that! I’ll take a look at what you’ve mentioned and alter it where I think fits. I’ll probably be making some minor changes.

@violet

Thank you for your super in-depth feedback! I really, really value hearing people’s thoughts so you’ve helped me more than you can imagine. I’ll change the requirement so that it’s a little lower, and hopefully your MC can have the tour of their dreams.

Are there any other skill checks that you feel like weren’t appropriately leveled? I’ll admit that math is not my best subject, so I don’t always calculate what the stats add up to. :sweat_smile:

And thank you for your kind words! You’re asking some questions that I can’t wait to answer. And I’m glad you’re liking Alejandro and Teddy - they’re both very friendly in their own way. I wonder who your MC is going to go for now. :thinking:

5 Likes

Okay!
I think that Chester was gifted the land by the fae after rescuing one during the war with a promise attached, maybe to keep the land pure or something, but obviously didn’t keep the promise since there’s a theme park on said land. How the MC plays in…well I think they’re distantly related to Chester, probably through their mother’s side and since the bloodline still exist, that promise is something the MC inherited. This is the condensed version of my theory btw, didn’t want to leave a wall of text.

Also my MC, I was bored and brought out my copic markers. I sadly did not have an indigo color for the hair. Artist loft drawing paper is surprisingly good with alcohol based markers :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

Oh my gosh, thank you for sharing your lovely MC! You’re a wonderful artist, and I’m amazed how lively you can make your art look with copics. They look so good. :blush:

3 Likes

Fea: remove this theme park from our land!!!
My MC: I came in like a wrecking ball!!!

1 Like

If I see anything when I code-dive again, I’ll be sure to let you know! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

ooh we’ll have to see! lol watch Ernest come out of left field and swoop her up bahaha

1 Like

Woah, you’re such a skilled artist! Love the design of your MC. We definitely need to talk about our MCs more. Also, your theory seems interesting. I never thought of it that way :eyes:

2 Likes
Skill check suggestion!
  • I noticed that it takes at least 36% Wit to successfully get away with looking at Julia’s letter. Julia’s main reason for suspicion was that the letter had been moved to a completely different spot – idk, but returning a letter to its original spot feels like it shouldn’t require that high of a Wit check!

That’s all I have for now – every other skill check seems reasonable so far! Your math should be fine :joy:

1 Like

I’m glad you like my grumpy, sleepy child.

1 Like

Just gotta say… I absolutely love the beginning! The way you incorporate picking your appearance and general stats while progressing through the day is phenomenal. And the choice descriptions are so unique… bloody amazing! I’ve never looked at this game before, but its in my bookmarks now!

2 Likes

@violet
Thanks for pointing this out! I’ll change both of these in the next update, and please don’t hesitate to let me know if you find any other code/skill discrepancies. It would be SUPER funny if MC was snatched up by Ernest compared to the infinitely more outgoing Teddy or Alejandro, please let me know what happens. >:D

Hehe, I welcome MC discussion, and @Jordan_Kelley, I’d love to hear more about your sleepy child!

@Jackpot1776
Thank you so much for your kind words. It’s always a relief to hear that my stats are integrated neatly into the game, and I’m so happy to hear that TTWW is in your bookmarks! I hope you continue to enjoy it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yay!
So I named my mc Callum Ariss, I chose a gaelic surname but I was tempted to use mine, and they’re a music major who wants to compose music but life has other ideas?

There friendly, logical, somewhat introverted and is equal parts ambitious and free spirit. They’re tired 24/7 and can be rather grumpy but watch out if you trigger they’re temper. Lets just say if there was an option to punch that lost spirit fae in the face and actually do damage, that would have happened.

Callum is the vision of “I’m so done with this bs” by the end of chapter four. Wit was the highest stat he had and I would so play a witty humorous character.

4 Likes

This is pretty good. I liked the options when talking with the hunters\group. I didn’t feel so good about refusing the toast but I like to think that my MC is uncomfortable with the idea of eating alone while six people are just… there, looking lol. I’m intrigued and looking forward for more!

2 Likes

being in a family with 7 people, and 5 always sit with you at the dining table, being stared at is very common lol

3 Likes

I gotta ask, since its really the only thing that confused me, but what are the clothing styles inspired by?

I am indeed one of those people who had to google what a certain pair of shoes looked like. And yes the majority of my clothes are chosen by comfort, I only dress up fancy for special events.

2 Likes