To Be a Slave (Revamped, please see new thread)

If it doesn’t say “end.” Then that is indeed an error. So if you could go back and check let me know, but if it does, then that’s all I got so far :slight_smile:

The bad kind? In my update I did say that there will be the “end.” Text if it isn’t an error, if it’s the bad kind just give me the line and I’ll fix it when I finish up and polish it off. Also thank you, glad you find it intriguing.

Yeah, at least I think so. It gives me startup line 244: Expected option starting with #.

Okay thanks for letting me know. :heart:

When I chose dagger I get this:

I checked it. If you hit close it will show end. As te text for the next page. As I said above in the update if it says end that just means I haven’t written that in :slight_smile:

Someone already mentioned that the story keeps mentioning your brother even though you have a sister, and it happens for me too.

Also, double headed axe? Really? Not to mention that the Viking then hits my MC with the “butt” of the axe. I think you mean handle.

1 Like

What wut what now? :fearful:

Wadda do? I ain’t not done nuttin’! :sweat: See? >> :innocent:

(Meanwhile, I honestly have no clue what you are trying to say, ha. :grin: :hushed:)

Yes now that I think about it that does make sense, and yup says I’m the UPDATE notes that sometimes it’ll say that your sister is your brother. I’ll add battle in there to specify I mean this baby

(Oh I comment in order to make my topic “new” more people see it that way :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

(Ah, I was the sacrifice on the altar of bumping. I’m fine with that. :grin:)

1 Like

Tried the ‘Charge into it option’ even though I knew it to be unfinished, got this error message:

startup line 3503: It is illegal to fall out of a *choice statement; you must *goto or *finish before the end of the indented block

Same thing when I lock an arrow to attack the viking that dropped down from the balcony. I think its because those choices just aren’t finished yet.

@IvoryOwl and @Bloodwyche yes if you hit the close button when you encounter the error, the text in the page should be “end.”

Do we get to kill Vikings? I hate the Vikings so much. They lost every battle that wasn’t against women and children. Vikingboos please leave.

Eventually yes, throughout the game you can choose to either join the rebellion and secretly work for them until the final event of the book where there is a huge battle in the “capital” where you choose to leave with the rebellion or stay and fight for the Vikings. Or you can stay loyal and eventually reap unknown and unseen rewards, but they are definitely worth it.

Okay that’s good to hear.

That statement is quite positively completely not quite historically accurate, I shall venture to say. :blush:

Not talking about the later Viking armies either, but you must remember that the raids were to get spoils and riches quickly and easily (monasteries had plenty of treasure and was also an opposing religion), and avoiding enemy warriors were therefore part of the strategy. Note, however, that war was what created the Vikings culture, mostly between numerous local rulers, so they were no strangers to armed conflict and did indeed fight on land if it came down to that, apparently on par with the average soldier of whatever country they raided. This with most Vikings actually being farmers, but they too knew how to use weapons and fight, since it was part of the culture where your (and your family’s) honour was defended through force and violence. :cold_sweat:

Now, if you wish to hate them and kill them in this (and other) game(s), then do so, by all means. :relaxed:

2 Likes

My point is that you can’t hit someone with the butt of a double headed axe, simply because double headed axes have no butt. Personally I dislike double headed axes because they’re very unrealistic and very impractical, but then again it’s fantasy.

Ah yes xD. I haven’t updated it on here, but in my file I make him clock you with the shaft. I’m more of a sword person myself, my favorites are the hand and a half sword and various zwiehanders, so I gotta get all this other weapon terminology down.