Time of Genius (WIP Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Romance)

Hey everyone, been dealing with some technical difficulties. Rest assured, I am hard at work correcting these bits.

4 Likes

Not sure if you figured this out yet but! Here’s an example from my own coding on how to include nonbinary as an MC option!

Summary
    #Female option
        *set mcgender "female"
        *set mcthey "she"
        *set mctheir "her"
        *set mcthem "her"
        *set mcthemself "herself"
        *set mcperson "woman"
        *goto anotheroption
    #Nonbinary option
        *set mcgender "nonbinary"
        *set mcplural "true"
        *set mcthey "they"
        *set mctheir "their"
        *set mcthemself "themself"
        *set mcperson "person"```

As you can see, the gender is set (this will show up in my stat page), they/their/themself are easy writing, person can be used with woman/girl and person/child respectively, plural is used if you were to write “she waved at you” vs “they wave at you” will look like:
$!{mcthey} @{mcplural wave|waves} at you
(setting mcplural “true” will make this coding work for nonbinary folk, I’d also keep in mind that the first option (wave) will show up if mcplural “true”, and the second (waves) will show up if mcplural “false”)

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! It should be fixed now.

This should now be fixed.

This issue and any other issues viewing stats should now be fixed.

I’m glad you enjoy the mother character :slight_smile: I’m interested in your point of view on ages. The point of Lexi and Sebastian being younger was to accomplish two things; 1) support their genius status, by being prodigious, and 2) offsetting the older ages of the other two romanceables.

I really appreciate all your help here! I will do my best to implement some of this. Thank you, iota.

1 Like

@CD_Stargazer – Have you run the automated tests for your game yet? It really seems from the feedback that many of these errors should have been caught and resolved via these tests.

1 Like

Somehow manage to get into a pickle with chronicler, so I switched to using Notepad++ and have found several things a lot easier. So, I’m enjoying that. I’ve been trying to spot anything out ahead of time, hoping I’m not missing too much.

Added achievements!

@CD_Stargazer – Have you run the automated tests for your game yet? It really seems from the feedback that many of these errors should have been caught and resolved via these tests.”

I’ve been having a lot of trouble with Chronicler, which definitely was helpful. I tried using CSIDE but it didn’t do much for me. Currently using Notepad++ to spot things better, as well as playing through the game on Dashingdon.

2 Likes

I am talking about quick test and random test – the built-in testing procedures you run in your browser …

You need to pass the random test procedure in order to qualify for publishing, just as a reminder.

4 Likes

Feel pretty silly not using this tool all this time… It’s really helping to weed things out. Thank you so much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seems interesting

2 Likes

Whoa! So many of the bugs have been fixed. It’s great to see! Now that I can get through the demo fully, all I can say is I’m excited for further updates. The chem lab situation and how MC could’ve died really woke me up not going to lie.

Found this itty-bitty text error. Is it protege?
ss1

3 Likes

Yikes. Yep, was supposed to be protege. I’ll fix that asap. Thanks so much, Marshmallow!

3 Likes

Can’t wait to read more. The way you wrote about the story on the thread didn’t pique my interest, but the actual writing on the story has me hooked.

In my playthrough I chose to tell off Bonavich, he leaves and then for some reason a maid gave me some ice? Continuation error I guess.

Also, interesting that you say “bicarbonate of soda”. Wouldn’t the term “sodium bicarbonate” be more likely used in a chemistry class? Like outside of class, sure, bicarbonate of soda is normal. But on a chemistry class I’d expect them to get more technical. Specially since one of the students doesn’t even know what it is.

Which brings me to my second point. This college/university is supposed to be high ranking, but one of the students doesn’t even know what sodium bicarbonate is? It’s a very common household item.

Of course, said student could’ve gotten a sports scholarship or joined in with other merits, but there’s nowhere for us to infer this from.

That’s just my two cents. Again, I can’t wait to read more.

2 Likes

“The song” I’m not entirely sure which direction you’re taking this but I’m excited to find out (in the nearest future). That said, I’m going to read it now!

1 Like

I am not sure why, but sometimes game ends after I play chess with Lexi. First time I was able to proceed to dinner with Goldman. I think the only thing I did differently was to max my intelligence stat, whenever I could.

1 Like

Most likely because my Chronicler wigged out on me. When I transitioned to Notepad++ I noticed that Chronicler had put a ton of *finish lines at random spots.

Really sorry about that, trying to solve the issue now.

1 Like

Glad to hear you’re excited to learn more! Thank you for reading!

1 Like

So glad you like it! Yeah, blurbs are not my forte so I’m not totally surprised that my blurb didn’t excite you.

Oh jeez, that’s embarrassing. I’ll try to fix that so you’re not given random ice allotments.

That’s actually an interesting point. I was trying to convey that some students at the school aren’t super geniuses, but I could probably do that a little better. I think sodium bicarbonate works better, I’ll try replacing it.

3 Likes