THP: Redemption Season Question(definite spoilers)

But I don’t think anyone has noticed, but she the near exact female version of Deadpool but without the healing factor and swords. That’s probably the reason why everyone likes her.

2 Likes

Little Jagged also seems like a really interesting character. I think it would be cool to get to know the villains in that game and their motivations a little bit better. I’m sure that Jagged/the others had more reason to joining the InfraOrder that went past just “I’m an outcast”

Why were you interested in Little Jagged? :relaxed:

Prodigal is unsympathetic because she is a mass murderer and has no good reason for the stuff she has done.

The InfraCircle and Meek movement have some good ideals and are fighting or at least claim to be fighting for a disadvantaged group.

The Meek movement and the InfraCircle has done some questionable actions but at least they created cities for their followers/sympathizers/supporters which might show that they actually care about the people(unpowered and disadvantaged powered people respectively) they claim to fight for.

It’s hard to see groups like the InfraCircle/Meek movement as bad guys when Millennium city and mainstream hero culture is a place full of inequality and where “heroes” with “mainstream” powers are at the looked up to while powered people with non-mainstream powers are looked down on.

It would be interesting to join the InfraCircle and fight all the other hero project contestants.

4 Likes

You know, I’m really curious about how the InfraCircle managed to build the cities for their followers on a logistics level. Starting a whole city would take a ton of money and resources! Especially one is such an odd location. I have a harder time considering Prodigal a good character as well, because her violence truly didn’t seem to have a point behind it. It was just murder for the sake of it. While the InfraOrder did horrible evil things that should never have happened, they still had a reason behind why they were taking lives to generate energy for the machine. I have a feeling that the machine Culic’s group invented might still play a role in the new games. Clearly the technology is there for someone to figure out again how to revert/alter others powers.

1 Like

Since Little Jagged did join the “heroes” as of Redemption Season, I’m hoping to get to know her better in the next installment. But I thought she was fascinating since the first mention of her (I’ve said some of this elsewhere, but I’ll repeat it here.)

Her party-girl lifestyle, her rich parents, her drug use, and her careless disregard for the consequences of her actions creates the impression of a superficial, spoiled girl that’s as shallow as the layer of skin she can rip off. But creating illusions is her specialty; I think behind the mirrors is hiding someone much more complex. Her powers reflect who she actually is - a damaged, broken person who is incapable of letting anyone get close, because however beautiful she might be, whoever she touches gets hurt.

I feel a camaraderie for the walking wounded, and I also like a challenge. :slight_smile: Of course, the vision of us sweeping into a cotillion in equally fabulous formalwear before robbing it is also fun.

3 Likes

Wow, that is a very indepth analysis of a character I didn’t really put that much thought into myself. However, I can absolutely see where you are coming from and your explanation makes Little Jagged seem like she has the potential to be a really great character.

2 Likes

Your Orca Whale comment made me laugh, that is a very excellent point. If I was a Fly, Mosquito, or small bug Ani-powered I’d be mad about the fly swatter thing too. To be honest I’d be very, very surprised if Zach did make Culic a romance, but his arc would probably be way more interesting then some other generic hero option.
I think giving each romance option a shot makes plenty of sense because it’s more game content to cover! Even if you feel like a bit of a player :wink:

2 Likes

But Prodigal did upload her personality onto the net as an mechip free personality. So if she was very popular as a mechip she’ll likely be uploaded by someone who has a weak personality and they would becomme her.

3 Likes

Prodigal 2.0+New POWER set= DOOMSDAY

I am, and I’m certainly hoping there will be a confrontation between the protagonist of the “Redemption Season” and the protagonist of the original trilogy. Poor Prodigal (assuming you befriended/romanced her in the original series) is gonna have some conflicting loyalties - assuming the Season 1 Protagonist didn’t ditch their old MeChip persona for her as soon as they learned what she’d done. :grin:

If not… well, that’s what fan fiction’s for, right?

2 Likes

I think a confrontation between the two lead characters would be really cool! I think it might be a tricky thing for the author to write, both technically and with the fan base. I know that in the video game series Dragon Age the writers had tons of trouble with upset fans over what happens with their characters in the sequel stories.

1 Like

Fair point. I myself was surprised to find my Season 1 PC working with the other Heroes when I’d twisted her into an increasingly antisocial, vindictive, and borderline-sociopathic hero whose only redeeming feature was her love for her family and Prodigal.

And of course, there’s the issue of how that confrontation would go if it turned violent. I somehow doubt even the Season 2 Protagonist’s tardigrade form could survive if the Season 1 Protagonist went all Dragon Ball Z or Naruto on them.

2 Likes

Yeah the main protagonist from the first game did become insanely powerful! I’m pretty sure that this character will suddenly unlock or master their special abilities as well. I’m thinking that if they evolve a certain way they might be able to become a hero like Beast-boy, with the ability to change from one animal to another quickly, or if not that maybe we as the player will be able to choose from a list of options what animal we want to transform into for the day. Although, even if our character could turn into a T-Rex at will, they still would have trouble fighting the first games protagonist. :wink:

1 Like

I’m wondering if S2 Protagonist isn’t Infini-Powered themself, and gaining conscious control of their powers might one day enable them to change form at will and/or take on the traits of multiple animals simultaneously… or perhaps even extinct/mythological creatures?

Even if not, the various Ani-Powers tend to come with some form of energy attack, like wind gusts and sonic screeches for the bird- and bat-types, or the tardigrade form’s cryptobiosis beam… not that they’d be much help.

3 Likes

Maybe the new MC is going to be Infini too. And they will unlock this new powers and it will make their ani powers controllable. It would be epic!!

3 Likes