Thoughts on "Way Walkers: University"

@cutiali --nope, you got to let her out. i mean, come on, you really think a 14 yr old is gonna take down a dragon-wraith? Gotta be somewhat realistic here, despite the fantasy game. :wink:

@13ventrm —good sentiments. :slight_smile: One of the main themes of WW itself is to challenge the proven authority and question the rules society has set into place–that, and ‘that nothing is what it seems’. There shall be some twists and turns before it’s done, that’s a promise. :wink: Though i will also say that the Red’s Way does embody a great deal of ‘actual evil’, too.

As far as the motivation to ‘be evil’–i’ve always believed it’s a slow boil that brings such things about, and while some people are simply more inclined to tread down that path ‘for the sake of it’, the rest of us have to slowly get there by having our morals blur over time. Fear not, there shall be motivation enough to make some more devious choices–or to stick to your goodie-two-shoes style and all the consequences therein on both sides. :wink:

Aye! I quite liked the option to toy with Jun’s emotions in class - does that effect your red stat? I think it should, and despite being mostly moral my curiosity does get the better of me in those devious situations. More tempting “evil” options are something I’d love to see more of!

@CJW-- being curious doesn’t effect it quite as much as outright messing with Jun, but it does boost it. :wink: And yes, there will be more temptations…muahahahahahaha >:-)

@WayWalkerLeigh – I’m not sure in which thread to post my opinion of your game in, but I hope this one is okay.

First, overall, great game. I enjoyed the game through multiple play throughs; and kudos for creating an interesting and intricate universe.

However, I found it difficult to understand how some of the skill choices are helpful; which made made them feel redundant. E.g. the ‘Ulic’, ‘Feator’, ‘Turin’, ‘Desmoulein’ and ‘Angani’ skillsets. Just based off my play throughs, the only skillset I actively went for is the ‘Rosin’ skillset.

Looking forward to the sequel.

@RDT – thank you! and yes, you are in the right place. :slight_smile:

And yes, i know the issues facing that particular skill set. The problem came a long in the fact that my original plan for the story had been far, far too long to publish as a single game and not charge like, $4. So the storyline was cut in half, and the skill sets that come into play much more so in later scenes don’t get as much love or usefulness in the first half. :confused: This of course, shall be remedied muchly in the second half of the game, and of course in any future Way of story-lines. :slight_smile:

So the game is split into 2 parts and not a trilogy like I assumed it was for some reason?

@mistylavenda – the ‘plan’ for the moment is for 2 parts, but i won’t rule-out trilogy simply b/c i know of my tendency to over-write things lol. However, with this i’d probably have to slash off quite a few branches for a third one just to make it manageable–which means a LOT of dying and not getting to come back at the end of this sequel. O.o;

It also honestly has to do with just how well i wrap up the Illyan plotline–to be honest i could probably do years of work within just tar’citadel taking classes, getting into trouble and dealing with social awkwardness and a lot of readers would be happy…but a lot of ppl would be sad there was a lack of substance and deeper mystery in the novel, including me. :confused:

@AlyssaP I’ve also found that playing the evil role was refreshing.

I liked a lot of the evil choices that were available. I usually choose the goody role when playing but I just had to try out the way of the Red and had to fight myself to make a more evil decision. It was great being on the other side of the fence this time around.

Hey loved the game!, but I have to say the fourteen year old not being able to kill a wraith, totally not true!, mine was a complete medium and I was banishing the wraith or Exorcising it, and a bad guy shot me xD(i actually thought id survive that time but no dice), but I seriously can’t figure out how to let Illyan free, I’ve tried like 7 playthroughs an I can’t D;

@Pqfire09 —you need to be a very high Talent stat plus primarily either an Exemplary or Energy Manipulative Talent. :wink:

And yes, there is one instance where it was totally possible…but the circumstances of a dozen masked men were also an issue. :wink:

The only playthrough where I didn’t die, was the only one where I gave everyone a big “screw you” and just did whatever I felt like, regardless of the consequences or the feelings of others. XD

Going the evil route is certainly a different experience. Can’t say I didn’t enjoy it a little more than I thought I would. :slight_smile:

Thanks way xD, at least I have a clue on what to start off on, and about the discussion about evilness above, I have been, truly evil in other games, full dark side, renegade (even though renegade Shepard a total jerk xD, seriously I was pained at times from it!) and even in like dragon age have I been a evil evil man, but for some reason I just can’t bring myself to be evil In this game, I love my angel for one and jun is kinda adorable at times, while sem is real cool, oh and for the second part, really lookin forward to the romance stuff, I’m a big lover or romance In games, which is why I love ME and DA, also the story lines rocked

Oh and I almos forgot to mention this, but even when you survive, I love that you have the choice to go back across the veil, too bad it ends right after the choice and you can’t see what’s there exactly but still I enjoy that kind of stuff xD, kinda like in choice of zombies how even after you’ve turned you can save your friends life

Don’t survive*

@CS_Closet – I know, being evil is so fun…but the consequences are soo much harder to avoid XD I try to keep it as realistic as possible. :wink:

@Pqfire09-- i’m glad you’ve enjoyed it so much. tell yr friends! :slight_smile:

Lol we’ll I tried already, most my friends are too busy, don’t like reading enough or, well, no that’s it xD, well anyway, tried again and died, but I did get a different disability this time, last few times I got like, my powers were more elusive, this time my balance is affected

Just curious. What is the highest level Beleskie you can have?

@EarnBoogie depending on the choices you make, you can get and one stat up to between 45-50, except for the Red which can hit 60.

Ugh sorry I am too much of an angel to ever be evil…which is weird given my chars for some reason always ends up being dragged into trouble by sem! Bad boy he is, dragging some poor innocent 14 year old into all those trouble…okay my char might be dragging him at a few points…a few I tell you! it’s not their fault!

Aside from that I am loving the game even if I am at the moment having some troubles creating the " perfect" char, you know the one I want to keep saved for the sequal.

@koneko–i’m so glad you enjoyed it! :slight_smile: hope to see you in the fb fan club!