The Yidrath Chronicles: The Enisine War (WIP)

Looks good to me

UPDATE:

Just in case anybody cares - I’m super close to finishing the demo which will be the entirety of the prologue for the game. Yay. I’ll have it out by the end of the month. Total experience should be somewhere around 20-40 minutes and should be pretty dang polished (I’m slightly perfectionist).

Haha nice one carnt wait

Me too I’m excited.

My interest is also piqued

:smiley: :smiley:

Sounds interesting! Hope there’s some stuff written during the POV’s stay on Ashion with the Eremites. d(^_^)

Sounds interesting I can’t wait to try it out.

Bring it on.

Yes!!!

Well then… Forever and a half later and I still don’t have a demo dropped on this. Well that’s about to change. I figured I might as well share some of what I have now and let you know what is still to come in the prologue! Yay!

Please note that this is a very short demo. The prologue will be about 3 to 4 times the length of this when I am finished. :slight_smile:

DEMO LINK: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21199483/Yidrath%20Chronicals/choice_script/web/mygame/index.html

There are definitely some typos/grammar issues in there. I haven’t done a full edit on the thing yet. If anything is glaring, feel free to point it out. I’ll do a good sweep of the thing before I give you the next part of the demo.

Firstly - There is a good chuck of prose at the beginning there. I will be adding some choices. Promise. Just bear with me on this one.

Here are my goals with this work:

1. The skills/military career you choose will have a large impact on the overall game. For example: Because you are a pilot, you can help Esme rebuild the Wayfarer she salvaged from the desert and will then have it at your disposal towards the end of the game. If you’re a soldier or intel officer, you probably won’t know how to fix that and it’ll just sit there.

2. Gender makes a difference. Already in this demo you should be able to see some of the gender differences. While the core game won’t change based on the gender you choose, the way the world works around each character will, in part.

3. Static romance options. Save for the PC’s second-in-command in the prologue, characters in this game are meant to feel like real beings. That being said, their sexual orientations will be set. Some characters are strictly hetrosexual, while some are homosexual or even bisexual.

4. Choices are significant. This isn’t demonstrated very well in the demo as it is now, but will start to make a difference by the end of the prologue. It’s an ambitious undertaking, but I think it could work out really nice.

5. Character flexibility. It’s a goal of mine to enable you to play the PC the way that you want. While I don’t think I’ll be able to please everyone in all aspects, I’m trying to tweak the decisions to fit a wide range of personalities. I’m experimenting with this as it will also allow for terribly inconsistent characters.

Here are the things to come in the Prologue/Demo next:

The following contains Demo spoilers if you care…

• The Final Confrontation - the thing that ends up landing you in a court-martial.
    ((This is a HUGE chuck that I am semi-finished with now. I have the pilot play-through finished, but I didn’t want to add it to the demo until the confrontation was playable by all three military careers. I don’t want you to have to settle. This thing is going to be chock full of choices that will later effect the story. This will also be the first time you get to utilize all those handy dandy skills you picked up earlier.))
  • Conclusion of the court-martial
    ((While the result of the trial will always end the same, there will be a whole bunch of factors that will lead to actual guilt or innocence. These factors will impact the game as a whole))
  • Time on Ashion with the Eremites.
    ((This is where the last two skills are going to come from. :D))
  • More and better Stats. I’m really just experimenting with what you have now.
  • Character development. Yay.

And that’s what I’m working on now. Things have been hectic in RL, but I am working on it. I promise! Please leave me some feedback! Let me know what you are missing and/or want to see! It’s not much to work with but it’ll give you a taste of what I’ve got going on. :slight_smile:

Sweet

Error after selecting father line 147 non existent variable maam

Got an error. When I reach, I think, the part about your gender, I picked father, but got error 147: non existing variable ‘maam’. Also, there are some mistakes when picking your skills, but I won’t name them. Bottom line, this game is impressive and I hope it continues @Lithium

Sorry about that guys! Fixed!

Good game but I found another error after the speech about the krait line 123 non existent variable her

Thank you! Fixed!

This is a really impressive game! I started out a bit skeptical, but found myself quickly engrossed in this world and your stunning writing style. Though, I would recommend adding a glossary or something, because of all the planets and races and stuff. I found myself a bit confused at times. Also, I found a typo.
“He looked more put together than he usual was, but lacked those finishing touches that can make a man in a uniform look truly dashing.”
usual - usually
I’ll be on the look out for more typos! Cheers!
:slight_smile:

Senpie!!!

A glossary is a really good idea! Especially because I have to use one myself when writing. Hah! Thanks a ton!