The year I became me WIP POLL post 45

If he means you start the story identifying as a woman… for example… and then have attraction to females and other urges usually classified to males, whatever makes Assigned Female At Birth work the way it does- I don’t know much about transgender identities so I really can’t explain it, it could be interesting In My Opinion. Then again it could feel forced and upset readers. I really can’t say. It’s also possible I’m misunderstanding what the author intends- in which case I apologize. But it could be good, it definitely got my interest. [shrug]

TO CLARIFY
The MC will be seen by everyone as a female, while the player is free to make their own MC identify as they wish.
Makes sense?

4 Likes

Dam that’s was short I thought it was going to be a bit longer

2 Likes

Sorry about that. :smiley: Next time will be longer.

UPDATE
In this update we finally meet MC’s best friends and a possible RO. And most of all, a lot of funny faces in the mirror. :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Looks promising, but I’ve got to say, it’s really strange seeing speech put between two dash symbols, rather than between quotation marks. I mean generally, speech would be shown as:

“Hi, my name’s Bob.”

Rather than:

-Hi, my name’s Bob.-

I’ve never seen it done that way before. :confused:

2 Likes

Oh, my bad. That is something I can fix. So thx for the advice. :smiley:

1 Like

It seems a little like the MC is being pushed into our attraction to Alexa. It’d be nice if there was a choice determining how we feel about her.

2 Likes

Just tried the demo and really liked it :slight_smile: . Like the characterisation of the mc, yeah I definitely noticed that with Alexa, but also noticed there’s not many options. I’d say it’s down to personal preference though, I personally like the interactive novel feel and characterisation gained by stuff like this. But yeah, stuff like forced attraction, not being able to choose our real name, lack of varied choices will turn some people off for sure. But it’s your game and that’s just my opinion, but personally I really like the direction of the game so far :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

Did you take lil feet and ducky from Land before Time? :joy:

3 Likes

wait… MC’s a woman?

Actually no, my best friends nicknames translated in English are these. I had no idea. :joy:

1 Like

Yes the MC is a female, but not necessarily a cis woman.

@CreepyPastaKittyFay, @anon49824592 you guys are right, sorry, I didn’t notice that was too forced, I’ll make sure to add options about how we feel about Alexis and as for the name of the MC I’ll think about changing it.
And for @anon49824592, I still don’t know about POC, I am meeting my IT teacher tomorrow and ask her about everything because that would require a lot of extra work.
Not that I don’t wanna do it. It’s that time is unkind. Still on the fence, tho.

Sorry I think you misunderstood. I meant things like lack of varied choices, not choosing name, our feelings about Alexa give the game more of an interactive novel rather than game book feell. But I wasn’t complaining :slight_smile: I personally like the direction, and these things don’t bother me and actually add to characterisation for me, but I also get why these things would be an issue for some people.

1 Like

Oh ok, I’m happy that you like the game so far. There’s still room for improvement, so I’ll add more choices and try to make the MC’s feelings towards Alexis in order to not make the player feel forced into liking her. And of course, thx for your advices and reviews, they are very welcome

OMG, I can’t believe I didn’t notice that! I’m gonna nickname my character Cera. :grin:

1 Like

Haha now all we need is spike and petri :joy:

1 Like

UPDATE JUNE 3rd
Hey guys, I haven’t done much lately. You know: school, The Witcher 3, getting ready for finals, listening to Hayley Kiyoko…

Enjoy :smiley:

2 Likes

This sounds interesting! It’s probably no big deal on the locking choices because you specify that it is about your experience. No sense writing narrative that isn’t about you, in a story about you. I think that heightens my anticipation because of the chance to live as another real person.

Best of luck and I look forward to following this!

(Someone was mentioning an all-girl’s school. I graduated from a top Women’s College. I wonder if a story could be found around all that drama. :shushing_face: )

1 Like