The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

This … Somehow fits well

5 Likes

What’s that from? These elves seems like cool people. :grinning:

2 Likes

Nope, this destroys all my opinions on elves from Thor, Lord of the Rings, P.H.D Fantasy degree and World of Warcraft…
(Jk, I love elves they are my favourite race.)

Ophelia from Claymore, you said you knew that!

Flashbacks to Wild Wild West
No! Anything but that!

1 Like

So how is being undead for the wright king? Like what can we can and can’t do compared to our alive days? Can we still use the toilet?

3 Likes

I didn’t read everything yet, I’m watching/reading about 50 different anime/manga at the same time you know.

EDIT: Beware wall of text incoming!!!

The Wight King is a special case among undeads. In fact they could be identified as the one and only true undead.

Becoming Wight King implies dying(obviously) and coming back to life, this process is the same for the other wights, their body is completely regenerated(once, if their body degenerate again it won’t be able to regenerate again), filled of life force and THEN the soul gets truly back in the body.

As such Wights are more “alive” than any other undead even before the vampires, despite that they are still undead and not alive. The difference for the Wight King is that they were once dead and ceased to be as soon as they rose alive again. In a way the Wight King is not an undead but a comletely new, different life form, ironically the thing that makes them the ultimate undead is that they have attained something greater than undeath itself. It’s more than undeath, a new kind of life altogether.

I don’t even know if I summarized this correctly, it’s actually quite hard to explain the Wight King’s condition.

Practically, it means this:
WK can eat and drink though they doesn’t need to, the food or drinks are immediately consumed by the Wight King’s body, their energy taken and the rest of its physical form released into the air as matter is transformed into energy. To summarize: No they don’t poop or pee.

Most of their vital fonctions are automatically resumed by the restored body though not needed, they don’t need to breath, they’d survive being bled dry, etc.

There’s no records of possible Wight King descendance after their re-awakening though there’s no proof that a Wight King can’t reproduce given their “unique” condition among undead.

It’s very hard to actually kill a wight especially a wight king because most of their powers reside in their souls, even their life force can leave their body to go into their souls.

Compared to your living days, you won’t feel most natural needs anymore, you won’t crave for food and things like that. Your emotions are also “warped” and “dulled” unless you try hard to keep them.

10 Likes

Can you “lose” your soul?

1 Like

It’s extremely hard to lose your soul because of its incredible strength and power, but if all the strongest mages, sorcerers, necromancers, hell even paladins united to tear your soul from your body they may well manage to do it. But they’d would probably be dead before that happened.

6 Likes

one more question before i leave is there anti paladins and maybe humans in a sort of unlife not dead but not quite alive?

1 Like

:smirk:
Maybe, maybe not. Who knows?
I’m not telling you~!

3 Likes

So we are the only kind that came fully back to life but we keep our wright benefits?

Now when we invite the humans elves to the castle, we’ll fill their food with laxatives. Then they’ll be sent to a small shed since of course the wright king doesn’t need a toilet and locked inside. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

What kind of evil plan is that?! XD
Beside the woodies don’t go to parties :smirk:, they are party poopers hipsters.

1 Like

The kind that says we’ll humiliate you as well as kill you if you mess with us? I never said I’d let them out.

So in addition to professional door busting, the wright king needs to yell and shake his fist angrily at the elves on his lawn?

Also new goal for my king, have a kid, I want to see what happens.

3 Likes

5 Likes

I must disagree with you there.

I rather enjoyed the games afterwards, excluding Unity for obvious reasons, and Syndicate because i haven’t gotten a chance to play it yet.

1 Like

Exactly!
Rogue was terrific!

In my opinion, the Morrigan was much better than the Jackdaw.

Imma stop going off topic now.

3 Likes

It’s update time!
Going to sleep now though. Good night everyone, I’ll answer to whatever you’re going to say in the morning.

1 Like

Yay, back to trying to spot some errors and inevitably find signs of your space addiction!

1 Like

I’ve mostly cured that. Don’t worry!

• Hair which had grown into an unkept, cascading mane of hair. I should probably cut and style them later on.

• unkempt

• As I finished looking myself over, I put my armor back on, and prepared to go back into the forest. Before stopping myself as my eyes catched the shine of a blade standing straight, the point buried into the earth. I was doubtfull that this blade got here of her own volition, but decided that either way I could use a weapon. I approached the blade, swithching my gaze form side to side to look for invisible enemies in the forest. I laid my hand upon the blade preparing to pull it out, before stopping immediately at the view that graced my eyes. Before me laid another clearing though much bigger, rising into a cliff that stood over lake, the continuation of the pond. In this clearing laid thousands of blade, all standing straight, catching the same moonlight that made the lake into a crystaline shimmering mirror. I realized what I was just about to do.

• Catched is a word, catches or caught, I think catches works here, doubtful, switching, crystalline

• I was about to desacralize this sacred place, a cemetary of blades risen to honor the name of those who fought and died for their cause. Their names were etched proudly into the blades, as a last goodbye, a last defiance agaisnt death and fading touch of time. I bowed my head slightly in respect, a warrior to another warrior who died valiantly on the field of battle. Before striding within the aisles of blades, set into perfect ligns and collumns, leaving enough place to navigate between them.

• cemetery, lines, columns,

• I left my gaze lingering onto each and every blade, in this moment, I threw cautions to the wind, I was… entranced by this place, its atmosphere filling me with a strange feeling. I felt… refreshed, the inmpression of wieht on my shoulders wekening. I could almost feel a slight current around me,though that wasn’t the most impressive. The plants of the cemetery, the grass, the flowers, even the trees. They began blackening as if rotting on the place, though they didn’t wither and die like I thought they would, they rose back, black leaves thin as a knife’s blade, sanguine purple roses sporting honed razor-sharp thorns on their black vines, beautiful twisted flowers blooming all around. I was left agape at the apocalyptic garden’s sudden transformation, I took a step back in my surprise. “Come on. What now?!” I was understandably upset, shit happened one after another without giving me the time to rest and think, at that point I was a ball of nerves about to explode. And by heavens and hells, I pitied the fool who would cross my path in this pissed-off state. The patch of blackened vegetals seeemed to be limited to the blade cemetery, up to the forest’s borders, twisted trees loomed over their diminutive brethren as if to swallow them whole. The lake was spared by the dark tide, its glimmering waters still a beacon in the night, offering a stark contrast with the corrupted greenery on this side. As I looked at the lake, I finally noticed a figure standing on the cliff, amock to what just transpired she knelt in front of a particularly large standing sword, etched in glowing runes, impaled on the highest point of the cliff. An altar to a fallen champion. She stopped looking at the blade. Turning her head to look at me.

• impression, weight, weakening, vegetables, seemed, amok(?)
    (?) because I know amok as a violent rampage… maybe adjacent?

• She strided toward me confidently, despite that there wasn’t anything threatening in her stance, I could sense she was displeased with my presence here. She stopped just out of lunge reach, and eyed me up and down. Seemingly unimpressed she said “I guess you are the one responsible for this?”, she said pointing her finger at the tainted ground,“I don’t know how you did it but you better turn it back to how it was before, this is a sacred place not a training ground for apprentice sorcerer.” she said frowning at me, making her annoyment clear. She kept staring at me that way for some time but suddenly something changed in her eyes, they opened wide in surprise, as she took a step toward me leaning as if to examine me closer “You are deceiptively strong, your aura is incredible.” she said, it was my turn to be surprised. That was the closest thing to ‘friendly’ I had tonight. Though something bothered me about what she said.

• strode, deceptively, annoyance

• “I assume by aura you mean the red darkness that appeared around me earlier?”, she cocked her head to the side but still nodded, she had a nice face though it seemed stuck with a neutral expression. “Wait, you don’t know about auras? Meaning it must have awakened not long ago. You must be the one that made the fireworks over there.” she said nodding toward the direction of the place I managed to escape from. “You’re desceiptively strong” she remarked “Now that I watch your aura with care, I can see you’re very powerful, and that you caused such a vibration when you awoke only comfirms it. I could feel the full force of this ripple across the spiritual plane and I think many others did too.”

• deceptively, confirms, also her commenting on the aura is very similar to the last paragraph.

• She crouched near and reached an hesitant hand toward them. She cupped one in her hand and bringed it closer to her eyes.

• brought

• “You can’t control your powers, and you risk hurting others or… upsetting the natural order with them.” she said deadspan serious.

• deadpan,

• She stared at me with a stern but not unfriendly look. “I understand, and I will.” she said, “But now is hardly the time to sate your curiousity.” she casted a look at the dent on my armor made by Asterius’ sword “First we need to get to a safe place. Follow me, I’ll lead you to a place you can rest, not like you’ve anywhere else to go since the templars are hunting you.” she said with a smug look in her eyes. “Come quickly, I’d like to get there before the sun rises.” she says, before breaking into a full sprint toward the forest in the direction of the mountains towering afar above the treess’ tops. She ran fast, faster than any human could. Though, slower than me it seems. I decided to follow her, she had answers, and I needed that badly. I rushed in after her, quickly stomping past her, catching the grin on her face as she picked up her pace even more. Leaving me behind. I didn’t have time for such childish games, but decided to play along anyway, it’d enable me to figure out how fast she is “If you want to play that way, I’ll gladly indulge. And show you your place.” I said as I rocketed onward into the forest’s heart.

• trees’, curiosity

:innocent:How many points do I get? Can I refund them for a castle?

2 Likes