The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

Aww thanks :hugs: you’re too kind haha.
And it’s mainly a personal thing! My company is real strict on IP rights so it won’t have been a good idea, as putting it in the worksheets would have met signing off ownership of it.

And UB is MINE :japanese_goblin: :joy: nah jk it’s Sera’s but it’d prefer to keep it that way.

@Meira_Litch thanks :blush:

2 Likes

That’s exactly the reason why I only tried M once as an RO and never again. I get that people go through a lot of pain and damage, but that just isn’t an excuse for treating people like shit. That said, I’m not saying M is a bad character or that you shouldn’t romance them/romancing them is bad. I’ve just had enough of people like that in real life to the point where I can’t really enjoy such characters in-game.

Then again, in real life I’d probably annoyed as fuck by A and avoid the hell out of them, yet in-game they’re my second favourite romance. So idk really :elf:t2: I guess we all have our individual experiences and mindset and that just influences who our brain decides we are attracted to.

You’re welcome! And well, damn your company, I bet the kids would have enjoyed your interpretation of UB. Those IP rights are similar to the European council deciding it’s a good idea to filter the internet. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

A real life M is a toxic person to keep away. If they want anything they must short their shit out first and then come to the civil world.

With A I would clash a lot too, I hate people telling me what to do and I would fight them in 0,01 seconds :rofl:. But with A I can see things getting better if they took the first step, otherwise it would be forever growling at each other :joy:

I don’t mix fiction with real life, not much at least, so I am much more forgiving with fictional characters than I would be with a real person behaving certain way.

6 Likes

No I am not toxic mean. But Iam rude sincere and for many people is worse. If you look like a lettuce sandwich because your hair ended in a wrong color and that dress is about to break by pressure because is 3 size smaller I will tell you to the face if I care about you but in private Like you are horrible you look like a lettuce we will go fix that girl!

2 Likes

So
 you are not like M then :joy:

That’s the thing, you seem to care for not hurting peoples feeling by publicly calling them off on something they will feel humiliated or bad about, while M
 wouldn’t give a fuck about doing it. M has no consideration for anyone’s feelings besides UB, and as I said before, while that is really cool in game, in real life is just a bad person that needs to learn how to behave.

2 Likes

You are Spanish so you will understand who I am talking M is Risto Megide

And Risto Megide is a piece of shit that deserves to rot lol.

Risto is the typical person that uses the “I’m just honest” as an excuse to be a fucking asshole.

God how much I hate that guy. He has zero compassion and doesn’t give a damn about hurting peoples feeling and making them feel shit about themselves.

2 Likes

Totally I hate the guy but M is like him at first. That was why I hated M at first.

1 Like

Exactly. A, while emotionally constipated, cares about people and doing good things in their own way and they manage to (unconsciously?) show it even through their armour. That’s something I could (painstakingly) work with. Hence the slow burn is born :smiley:

1 Like

I found that boring however here is fun because i could banter him and make him mad using Mara charms without him even notice

I really don’t mind A’s stubborn personality or attempts to ignore catching the feels. I rather like it, because it’s obvious they take their job very seriously, and
come on, they aren’t doing a great job on the hiding of the feels.

2 Likes

tbh it’s kinda same with me like my main top 2 are M and A but irl ion think I’d ever go for them romantically to begin with
 but I guess it’s because in the game one knows beforehand how they will eventually change their attitude, care deeply etc towards the MC vs not knowing irl and winging it 
 but lbr I’m a sucker for characters like M and A who gradually develop their feels, obstacles etc because the content and storyline is just pure gold :sob::ok_hand:

9 Likes

Okay so I know this is gonna sound a bit outlandish but just hear me out this is my theory on A’s background, now while some of you think they have been around since the 1800’s or so I take it back even further and say around the late 8th century to the late 11th century cause this is around the time that vikings were also around and yes that does mean I think A might have been a viking because not only were vikings big on order amongst their ranks (one of A’s favourite things) they also were the first to have females in their armies as shield-maidens now shield-maidens were absolute badass warriors but they were also extremely tense outside of combat (viking men were also like this) not to mention that A has a lean, solid build which is pretty much a requirement to be a soldier of any calibre especially vikings.

Now as where they got the accent from is another matter all together my continued theory is that they eventually found their way to over to Great Britain most likely to assist in numerous cases (with the agency obviously) including the Jack the Ripper case which happened around 1888 (if you want to continue with that) who actually turned out to be a werewolf or another vampire (mainly because of how gruesome the deaths were) and that’s why it was never “solved”, also they would have a lot more time to mature rather than having only 148 years or so (sorry, not sorry but it’s true) also probably more than enough time to harbour a certain hatred towards certain humans.

Sure my theory puts them around 1268 years old but I like the idea of A having viking blood in them because vikings are absolute badasses and so is A not to mention that they try to maintain a stoic expression and fail marvellously especially when dealing with the detective, try and fail spectacularly to keep their cool especially when dealing with the detective, try and fail wonderfully to deny and surpress their feelings for the detective and a bunch of other things that are likely to pop up later in the books.

That said this is just a theory (more like a head Canon but whatev’s) so DO NOT TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY unless this turns out to be true than (yay me I guess?) not that there’s even a remote chance that it will be just thought it would be cool to have a viking vampire cause we haven’t had one before.

Sorry for the long post here have a unitato
download

9 Likes

I would like an invite to the Detective Discussion thread and NSFW thread please and thank you.

The Nsfw thread is public now(i believe it still is anyways.), all you have to do is join the adult readers group.
https://forum.choiceofgames.com/groups/adult_readers
(i don’t know if I can post this on here but tell me if i can’t.)

2 Likes

I can’t see A forming part of a big army when they were human just because of Ava. If it was just Adam, then yes, sure, but I like to find something that would fit both Adam and Ava without “twisting” the world, with this I mean, “Ava pretended she was a man to join the army” or “the army didn’t care”, and while the part of the shield maidens is very extended as common knowledge, the history nerd side of me can’t help but cringe a bit because is not accurate to say that shield maidens were a common thing amongst the vikings (which, to start with, most norsman where farmers, not warriors).

I guess that’s why I always imagine them to be even more ancient an be part of a civilisation where gender roles weren’t as marked?

Now again, I’m pretty sure that Sera might not be as historically precise with the past and just give “because yes” reason as to why Ava could have the same life as Adam in something like the the Roman Legion :rofl:

GUYS

WHAT IS THIS NEW RACE, SECOND DEMO HURRY UP

13 Likes

Just a heads up that I agree with all the historical headcanons for A and I absolutely dig how much of a history nerd each and everyone of you is. I FULLY SUPPORT VIKING VAMPIRES, I just fricking love vikings lol.

I can’t even begin to fathom how it must feel to have to live through so many centuries, witness the changes and adapt to them. It must be fascinating, really.

Also, that shakyeye.gif y’all are posting makes me anxious, but also, I can relate xD

6 Likes

Probably just by saying Happy Birthday they may even
gasp
give the MC a kiss :smiley:
They’d indulge the MC in what they wanted to do that day, too.

...me:

Faints

Goblins! I haven’t seen goblins brought up too often in this thread! I would love to encounter one of those tiny green troublemakers!

12 Likes

:eyes:

I’m starting to get a lot of Eric Northman vibes and I’m loving it.

6 Likes

I know Sera has said she is not a “heavy” writer but I often think about what difficulties UB may have had throughout history because of their gender or race

4 Likes