The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

I stan F.

5 Likes

F IS SO GOOD I LOVE THEM!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I really hope we can go on proper dates with F with the other three spying in the background in bad disguises

10 Likes

Theyā€™re so precious.
82f229d0f6bc1931_a84

3 Likes

i like F but I find him too like my little bro to be my main.

5 Likes

That seems to be why F is the least ā€œpopularā€ in terms of mains.

4 Likes

I must have say this like a million times, but I really love how F is very cheerful and childish yet super mature when it comes to their relationship with MC. To me, this makes them the more ā€œrealisticā€ character.

11 Likes

Him and M are the more realistic. I havefoundSEVERAL M in dating lol. and F is like my best friend in real-life

2 Likes

I find M to be the least realistic of all, because I havenā€™t met anyone that has the balls to be as rude as they are in real life. Eventually they would get beat the shit out of them and people irl are not vampires :rofl:

Also, same with flirting, never found a guy/girl that would approach someone saying straight away they just want sex (even if that is what they really want, they usually donā€™t say it outloud).

7 Likes

To me N is the most realistic because they spent their time making kissy noises at a dog instead of eating aka me irl

12 Likes

Ok thatā€™s a wonderful point and you couldnā€™t be any more right :joy:

And now letā€™s ignore that N speaks 1039495403 languages

5 Likes

I think all of them are pretty realistic in different ways. A is that one person who would never acknowledge their feelings even though everyone can tell they have them (Iā€™m a lot like A in that regard, probably the reason why sheā€™s my favorite RO), N is that sweet boy/girl next door with irresistible charm, F is the best friend who you suddenly realise one day that you have developed feelings for, and M is the classic bad boy and rebel that you know you shouldnā€™t be falling for but you end up doing it anyway.

Iā€™ve seen all four of such people in real life. In a lot of games I have troubles truly relating to characters and especially ROs, but TWC is the one game where all the characters felt realistic to me. Part of why itā€™s one of my (and a lot of othersā€™) favorite HGs of all time.

18 Likes

Who needs ā€realismā€ when we can have fun?! I think all the ROs have little things that make them all feel alive, grounded, and relatable which I think is way more important that being ā€œrealistic.ā€ Or maybe Iā€™m just burnt out on realism since people tend to mistake it for ā€œdark, gritty, no funā€ which, personally, I donā€™t need more in my life.

The most realistic character is Dougie cuz heā€™s a phone obsessed Millennial and as a phone obsessed Millennial I feel that.

17 Likes

You have found one. Me Or I was I am a demi romantic now after several bad relationships I donā€™twanthave anything anymore. But I am and I was like M . I like you Do you want a date today? was nothing weird when I was young .

1 Like

(clears throat nervously) uhhā€¦well I was contemplating posting this or not but here goes nothing.

I work in childhood education and recently Iā€™ve thought of using poems to teach writing techniques. Hereā€™s a silly poem about similes I wrote, as inspired by Unit Bravo! I threw it out of the window (wrote another for my worksheets) because I realised I should keep fandom separate from work.
Now Iā€™m kind of torn between cringing at how cheesy it sounds and deleting it forever or just going YOLO and sharing it. Soā€¦ here goes nothing! :sweat_smile: I await your judgement.

Be warned: it's very tame, and very PG because it's meant for young kids.

Hereā€™s Mysterious Mason, hair as dark as the night,
With skin tanned like the earth - heā€™s quite a handsome sight.
Heā€™s stoic like a statue, and as gruff as a bear.
So while heā€™s sensitive like a flower, you canā€™t quite tell if he cares.

Then meet Sweet olā€™Nate with his smile as bright as the day,
He will always be there to hear what you have to say.
Heā€™s as charming as a rose, and as tender as a bud -
You can find him sitting under the moonlight, strumming his beloved guitars.

Laugh with Funny Felix, heā€™s as bright as the sun.
Whenever you are with him youā€™ll surely have fun!
Eyes twinkling like the stars, he will always have a joke to share:
Try not to laugh - is that a challenge you dare?

Finally there is Adam, as steady as a rock.
As stiff as a statue, yet alert like a hawk.
Strong like an ox, he can carry us all -
Heā€™s someone you can rely on, if you ever fall.

So these are my friends, with diverse personalities;
Lovely in their own way, unique as can be.
Now try using similes, itā€™s simple like that -
To write about people, and those you have met!

13 Likes

Make that two. Iā€™m a lot like M (with some A and F mixed in, because, like A, I donā€™t deal with emotions all that well and, like F, like to have fun and tend to snark at everyone like F). When I was in college, it was nothing to just go up to someone and hook up with absolutely no intention whatsoever to do anything other than ā€˜get physicalā€™ to put it nicely. Everyone now is so stuffy and tight-assed. There are few Ms left in the world. sighs

4 Likes

Mara Agrees. Now I only miss Adam is big like a tree he is not as estoic as you see
If you say naughty stuff desks become art freeā€¦ :black_joker:

1 Like

You guys finished all my likes thanks.

4 Likes

I tend to find that happens when people talk about ub lol. Especially RO!Unitbravo :joy:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s an amazing poem! Bravo, quite literally!! :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

But why keep fandom separate from work? Is there a truly important, meaningful reason you should do that? Nothing wrong with using whatever methods to actually enjoy your work. I feel like many people think work canā€™t/isnā€™t supposed to be fun, and thatā€™s just wrong.

2 Likes

Oh I donā€™t mean that. I know plenty of people that hooks up for a night, but I donā€™t know anyone who is as fucking rude as M. People in daily live doesnā€™t behave like the dickhead M is in game.

And I say this with all my love to M, but if a person like them existed and talked to me like M does to the MCā€¦ I would be having a massive fight with that person. I really donā€™t believe you are like M, are you super aggressive (and I mean real life aggressive of getting into actual fights without hesitation)? Are you incredibly rude to people you know of nothing? Do you not give a fuck about hurting others? Because thatā€™s what M is, and while this has its charm in the game, in real life would be a horrible person I wouldnā€™t want near me in a million years.

But anyway, I donā€™t want to offend anyone with this, etc etc, blah blah, you know the message :rofl:

@Cheion I love it!!! That poem is so good what the hell!! Donā€™t doubt to share more if you ever do any more, that was such a nice read :smiley:

5 Likes