The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Two (Discussion)

Yeah, I thought Sanja along with the RO might have been the issue since I only got peace like once & and she had been hella dead.

However, if I did every option noted in the guide to give + to maa-alused peace are there other things that give automatic points to treaty? That’s I guess where my problem might stem from?

I think a couple options oriented towards the people stat are more likely to be treaty related but other than that i’m not sure. You may simply have to double check certain options before choosing them.

Did your MC do the tests in book 1? As far as I’ve been able to determine through the code, it’s impossible to save Sanja and rescue the LI if the MC did the tests. Too bad for Sanja in all of my playthroughs! All of my MCs went with the tests, for varying reasons.

1 Like

No. Like I mentioned, this MC does not trust the Agency and therefore did not do the tests. Saving Sanja and the LI is a cinch if you don’t do the tests: just be firm about saving her/don’t waste time (e.g. The slow clap option supposedly makes saving her less likely) and don’t miss the skill checks.

The issue is how to get maa-alused peace instead of treaty. I have still been unable to achieve this.

1 Like

@CastinLuckGamer
Ah, I missed the part about your MC not trusting the Agency. My MCs, except for one, all had the tests and they all save the LI, so Sanja is pretty much a goner in all routes. As for your problem with getting peace instead of the treaty…

To start with, the code to pick which one the MC gets is leaning heavily toward the treaty or hostility (shown below).

Code for treaty/hostile/peace

So basically, if treaty > peace, treaty wins. If treaty > hostile, treaty wins. Since you gain two treaty points when you save Sanja, no matter how many peace points you have, unless you also pick up at least two hostility points, saving Sanja all but guarantees the treaty will happen. If you don’t want the treaty, then you need to fail that second check (i.e., hostility at least has to be equal to treaty). That also means you want to pass the third check (mapeace > mahostile).

This is still doable, depending on your MC and their way of doing things. But there’s also one other thing to take into consideration. At the end of chapter 17, if you have 4 or more points with Falk, and your matreaty > mapeace, you get +1 toward treaty. So by the end of 17, you better make sure you have more points in peace than in treaty if your MC gets along with Falk.

There are seven possible mapeace points:

Chapter 8 - one of these choices:

Move between LI and the hand to ask what the supernatural wants.
*set mapeace +1
Move between LI and the hand, then demand to know what’s wrong with LI.
*set falk +1
*set mapeace +1
Move in front of the mirror and plead for them to stop.
*set mapeace +1

chapter 12-1:

“I’m here on behalf of the Agency only.”
*set mapeace +1
*set masonf +1
Give a simple nod of respectful greeting.
*set falk +1
*set mapeace +1

chapter 12-2:

“I suppose it’s a quicker justice process than we have.”
*set falk +1
*set mapeace +1
“You will have to stop. Your way of justice is not fair. Not logical.”
*set mapeace +1

chapter 13 (falk in bedroom):

“I admit they seem a little…cagey on some things.”
*set mapeace +1
*set falk +1
“My opinion on them is my own.”
*set mapeace +1
“What I think doesn’t matter. Only what you do.”
*set mapeace +1
*set falk +1

chapter 14 (falk pissed) (you get peace points if you succeed the check)

Join in with the fighting to subdue them. (if combat success)
*set mapeace +1
Examine them closely to see if I can deduce what happened.
*set falk +1
*set mapeace +1
Use a soundtrack on my phone to fool them into thinking backup is coming.
*set mapeace +1

chapter 17
if sanja lives +2 treaty (no matter what)

Chapter 17-1 in meeting with falk:

“It does seem the Agency isn’t as infallible as they like to think.”
*set mapeace +1
“Can you guarantee that nothing gets slipped past your people either?”
*set mapeace +1

Chapter 17-2 in meeting with falk:

“Maybe you’re right. We have our methods; you have yours.”
*set mapeace +1
*set falk +1

At the end of the meeting, you can get another peace point if your falk number is less than four–otherwise, you get a treaty point:

*if (falk >=4)
*if (matreaty > mapeace)
*set matreaty +1
*goto chap17_pointex
*else
*set mapeace +1
*goto chap17_pointex

There are also seven possible mahostile points:

chapter 8:

Smash the mirror.
*set mahostile +1
Shoot the mirror.
*set mahostile +1

chapter 12-1:

“Interesting decor you have here. Love how you turned the leaky walls into a feature.”
*set sanja +1
*set mahostile +1
*set masonf +1
Take a seat without greeting.
*set mahostile +1

chapter 12-2:

“That’s not justice. That’s just judgement based on your opinion.”
*set mahostile +1
*set falk +1
“What about when you threatened me? Your lackeys didn’t judge Bobby at all.”
*set mahostile +1
“What about when you threatened me? Your lackeys didn’t judge Douglas at all.”
*set mahostile +1

chapter 13:

“Anyone keeping so many secrets is always hiding something of their own.”
*set mahostile +1

chapter 14:
Any of the first options will give you mahostile +1 if you fail the stat checks (like offer to help with people < 40)

Or you can use the DMB spray, and that will give you +2 mahostile. It will also subtract 1 from your matreaty score if it’s 1 or more.

chapter 17-1:

“And yet we still got your friend back after it happened.” (if Sanja is alive)
*set mahostile +1
“No, it’s not true.”
(can give you +1 hostile only if you fail the stat check (people or combat) or if falk < 3.

chapter 17-2:

“Your brand of justice is flawed, no matter what the world is like.”
*set mahostile +1

All of the possibilities listed also have choices that will add to matreaty.

So if you want peace instead of the treaty, make sure you choose only the choices above when you get to them (either list). To ensure you get peace, assume your points with Falk add +1 to your matreaty, which means it is essentially set at 3. Pick 3 hostile options and 4 peace options from the list above and you should get peace.

1 Like

Holy cow, that was thorough~
Many thanks!

Based on what you’ve said, I believe my problem was that I had no hostility points and had a good Falk relationship so treaty kept overwriting peace. I will use this to better keep track. Thank you~!

My MCs usually save Sanja because their LI A or M/their commitment to the mission or saving the innocent civilian erred to that course of action.
This Detective Saikara may be intelligent and aloof, but is selfish as heck lol. He would rather save Nate who he’s come to care for even if usually he is normally in control of his own emotions.
My other detective is a smol bean who couldn’t help but to save Farah. …She also stabbed Falk as she doesn’t generally trust/is scared of most supernaturals. She is the only MC that I’m intending to do maa-alused hostile route.

Oh awesome, i never realised this, now i have to dive back in and create a detective who doesnt trust the agency lol i do love an excuse to read these great books again :sunglasses::sunglasses::+1:

What happens if you tell Morgan that you “like the complicated parts” when she propositions you outside you apartment? Does she pull back?

Here’s what happens (from the code… never played it this way, my M-mancer wanted it too bad):

I let out a small breath, which makes ${mason}'s hair flutter a little. $!{m_she} rolls ${m_his} lips together at the feel of it.|

You may not want complicated, but it’s what I’m interested in, I admit. |

$!{m_she} nods and takes a wide step away. That’s all right. People aren’t always the same.|

Does that mean someone else will be your new target soon? I ask to lighten the moment.|

$!{m_his} glance travels the length of my body until ${m_she} meets my gaze again. $!{m_his} eyes are suddenly a dark storm of uncertainty.

I can only hope…, ${m_she} mutters before treading away down the corridor, dragging a cigarette from ${m_his} pocket and quickly shoving it between ${m_his} lips.

It’s difficult to move away from watching ${m_him} until ${m_she}'s disappeared around the corner. When ${m_she}'s out of sight, I finally release the breath I’d been holding and turn to open my door.

Sleep is definitely what I need right now.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did somewhat of a self insert for my main playthrough of Wayhaven and I’m demisexual, and so my character is demi as well, so I need that for-sure connection of reciprocated feelings before going into or doing anything. It has been absolute torture, but in the best way possible. It’s a really well-written path and I just can’t tear myself away from the bad girl/boy flirty vibe who’s overprotective and loyal. M is just <3

3 Likes

Sorry if this isn’t for this book, but I think somebody mentioned Sanja giving the RO a copy of the photograph from ‘The Wall of Love’. How do I trigger that? Or was that just a fever dream?

Yeah, that was me, linking to the Tumblr post where Mishka tells that Sanja gives the RO the photograph. But this happens behind the scene, so we, the reader don’t actually read about it. Not in the second book anyway (wherein this scene actually happens).

Edit:

This is where I posted the news/tumblr post.

HOWEVER, something fun regarding this has happened! Because as a patreon of Seraphinite Games you get insights and extra’s every single week, depending on what the hight is of your patronage. I give 5 dollars each month. That is the second lowest tier, but even so you get a lot!
Anyway, one of the extra’s in the last few weeks was M’s version of getting the photo from Sanja. And naturally as time goes by, Mishka will share every Ro’s response to Sanja giving the photograph (: I really think it is worth the money, every freaking dollar! And it helps Mishka creating what we all love so dearly :sparkles:

Edit Edit: though obviously, you don’t have to do anything with patreon! :sweat_smile: Mishka is soooo happy and grateful for positive feedback and just the love we have for her creations! but I thought ‘this is a good example of her patreon for other people’ and well, yeah…. :sweat_smile: :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Thank you lots for the detailed response! It clears a lot up for me, and it’s funny how you’re the one who commented about it too. Whats the chances? I’ll definitely keep the Patreon in mind.

1 Like

Sorry I’ve a silly question, is the saving option on now? :blush:

no, we have to wait a little longer for that to be enabled.

it is a rule from Choice of Games to only allow saving in a book when the sequel is in a further state/finished state of development.
i think that ‘state of enabling’ is reached when the author sents it to the company so they can inspect it or whatever it is CoG does, but i would have to look this up.

edit: and it’s not a silly question, if you ask me (;

1 Like

I believe the sequel has to be approximately 80% completed for CoG to implement the save function.

That having been said, please be aware save systems are unlikely to be automatically implemented once an author hits 80%. The company only keeps a close eye on games under development for the CoG label, and HG WIPs are left to develop independently. This means that the author would have to contact them with this request before it’s finally implemented. Depending on when the author emails them and how long it takes to implement it, a full save system may take some time to appear after hitting that 80%, so don’t get worried if it doesn’t pop up immediately! :blush: As with every step of development, we’ve just gotta be patient.

4 Likes

Samurai of hyuga book 4 had its save game enabled a lonnnnnnnnng time ago, book 5 doesnt appear close yet, so judging by that, even when the save feature does come it will still be a long while before we get book 3, but playing through book 2 for all those different saves will be fun :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This is AWESOME!!!, best CoG ever and I really appreciate the hard work of the author… I never expected it to be this good and hell I don’t mind reading it again when I’m bored, and btw its one of the games that can compete or even much better than SoH

1 Like

It really depends on the series. As far as I know, CoG don’t implement save system until they are sure there will be a sequel to the game.

2 Likes