The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Three (WIP -FINAL DEMO)

Sounds like a perfect book five plot device to me :wink:

3 Likes

My vote? It’s going to be a one-two punch combo. Caging facilities all over get sabotaged, resulting in a world-wide escape, sending the Agency into chaos. You spend a considerable amount of time (an entire book?) corralling the Wayhaven escapees.

• If not!Murphy escaped, he’s the one responsible for the prison breaks. With the Agency weakened and in disarray, he hopes to make use of the opportunity to get to the Detective.
  • If not!Murphy was captured, you get a call to go to the warehouse, where you find mum and the Bravos supertense and looking at you worriedly, and the VERY LAST SENTENCE of the book is someone telling you “Murphy has escaped.”

As I said previously, there’s not much narrative point to having a non-nebulous containment facility filled with superpowered murderers if they’re not going to escape.

5 Likes

Exactly, yes! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: This is actually one of my main theories for what may happen during Book Five to make it into the angst fest that it’s supposed to be.

However, at the same time I feel like there may be a hole in this theory??? Sera has dropped certain hints that the detective and their LI are going to spend a significant amount of time apart during Book Five. One of the hints that she has dropped that come to mind at the moment is her saying that we’re going to spend a lot more time with Tina and Verda in Book Five compared to the rest of the books. As a side note, please forgive me for not wanting to deal with with Tumblr’s terrible search engine in order to find the specific ask where she says this. :joy: And idk, at least I personally sort of interpret this as a subtle implication that we’ll be spending a lot more time with them than usual because Unit Bravo aren’t going to be around?

But point is, if The Agency’s imprisonment method fails or gets sabotaged somehow in in Book Five, shouldn’t it be the other way round, as in the detective basically having to be constanly glued to Unit Bravo’s side so they can protect the MC? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: That’s the main thing that makes me skeptical of this theory. Or at least, it makes me skeptical that it’s going to happen during Book Five specifically. As for the other books tho… I think it may still be on the table as a possible plotline. :thinking: :face_with_monocle:

I lowkey feel like this post sounds like the ramblings of a crazy person. :joy: Who knows, I may be interpreting things completely wrong, but it’s fun to discuss theories and such, so fuck it, I’m just gonna post my inane ramblings. :joy:

Yep, pretty much, you said it best! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Completely agree with you here. :face_with_monocle:

During the scene in Book One where Rebecca is showing us those mental torture cages, I feel as if Sera was trying to tell me: “Look at all these extremely dangerous and powerful rogue supernaturals. They’ve killed dozens of people. It sure would be a shame if they were to one day somehow end up escaping…” :joy:

4 Likes

I mean, if characters spend time discussing the lovely antique gun hanging over the mantelpiece, I fully expect the thing to be fired before the end of the movie.

EDIT:

Something that COULD make it work for book 5 under these circumstances is that the Bravos are at the facility when the inmates take control of the jail, while the detective is in town. That’d leave the detective and the three musketeers (Tina, Verda, Douglaasssss?) to deal with the influx of evil supers in Wayhaven and planning on how to retake the facility, while inside the facility the Bravos are mostly trying to not get heavily murdered.

I’d also like to retract my previous stance that an uncaptured not!Murphy might be responsible for the caging failing, which I made because apparently I’m dumb as a bag of bricks. It’s been repeatedly hammered on us that there’s a leak in the Agency. THEY’re going to be the ones unleashing hell.

As an aside on not!Murphy, I’m half-leaning towards him turning out to be the origin of a myth like Cain or something like that. In Book 1 he takes the initial charge from M like a champ and he can almost hold back the Bravos working together (and we KNOW M and A are combat powerhouses), meaning he’s probably super-old (in the tier discussion, F mentions that age strengthens supernaturals), and him being famous is a good reason for the author never letting us learn his actual name.
I ALSO suspect that, contrary to not!Murphy’s belief, the transfusion has left the detective not quite as “boringly human” as they previously were. We’re half-dead when he bites us and a weak blow sends him staggering back, when we come between Falk and the RO in house of mirrors we do it with “a speed [we] didn’t know [we] had”, and we pull off some impressive moves in the sewer raid, which is particularly egregious on my detective, who has… 0 combat. Not “combat so low it might as well be zero”, ACTUALLY zero, and I still deliver flying kicks.

EDIT2:

You don’t have to be crazy to romance the vampires here, but it helps.

4 Likes

Hello, Agent Chekhov. What a nice gun you have!

5 Likes

I think a lot of people got that impression from that ask, and frankly it is a good theory.

Don’t worry about it. Your ideas make more sense than some I’ve seen. Besides, we’re all a bit crazy here. This is the fandom that occasionally refers to itself as a cult.

This is the perfect analogy. You know those cages have to important.

Speaking of obvious hints the option to choose how we are dealing with the Murphy incident, but no other traumatic event in the series do far cemented the fact the Murphy was goingbt ok come up again and fof me. Even before I saw the tumblr ask.

1 Like

Mason’s route is :ok_hand::ok_hand::sparkles: chef’s kiss. A masterpiece :bowing_woman:t2:

5 Likes

I’m laughing so hard because I just invited a friend over to work on some stuff together, and she said she just looked at me and said “if I go back to your house, I’ll just end up playing Wayhaven the whole time.”

4 Likes