The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Three (WIP -FINAL DEMO)

Book 1 M gave me whiplash so many times, like god, pick an emotion and stick to it, jeez

14 Likes

give me the book :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

3 Likes

There’s lots of N-mancers! If you’re talking a to group of LT route players though, I’d hedge my bets on most of them having a bias towards choosing A. I’ve discussed it a bit earlier in the thread, but I think most people who an inclination towards N just choose to play their solo route. N is friendly, warm, and forward about their feelings for the detective. There’s really no incentive to put them through a bunch of pain in the LT route if you’ve already decided to choose them. A, however, is super closed off. The detective has to continuously push them to acknowledge their feelings, even if A is very much cognizant of them. The LT route then provides that “you don’t want me? fine, I’ll date your best friend” pettiness that I think some players would like, as well as seeing A a little more transparent about their yearning for the detective.

I don’t play the LT because it verges on emotional cheating for me if you choose to date N and then just ditch them at a moments notice for A. N is a very trusting person, but N in the LT route is much less so. There’s been moments in the book 3 demo so far indicating N’s frustration and loss of trust in the detective (such as being more hurt/willing to believe the detective would kiss Bobby in the LT route). And it’s only book 3, so I can only imagine how far N will have to be pushed before they break and finally say something.

(Sorry for the long response. TLDR: I generally assume that most LT players are A-mancers.)

20 Likes

My LT character is equally attracted to N and A, but with A firmly in “stay away from me brood brood break things” mode, she’s perfectly willing to oblige (especially since their relationship has always been semi-adversarial) and date the person who actually wants her company.

I have no idea how things will play out in the next books, but when/if A switches to pursuit mode, things will get very complicated, very quickly for that MC. I’m hoping for angst, heartbreak, dramatic confessions in the rain, maybe someone yelling “NOOOOOO!” at the sky. You know the drill.

Then I’ll load up my F-mancer for snuggling and paper airplane races.

14 Likes

Eh…I’m not going to speak for other triangle-mancers, but for me (and certainly not my detective) there’s no petty, 'ha ha, take THAT Adam!" involved. She genuinely liked Nate and was drawn to him, and other than 'well, he’s good-looking but that’s about it", she was pretty snappy with Adam (it’s telling that she had far more friendship points with Mason than she did with Adam in book 1 lol It’s getting to see those flashes of real Adam underneath his brick wall/“I feel nothing” act that caused her to start to develop feelings for him.

By book 2 (and especially into 3) for my detective it’s not so much as being in love with two people…it’s feeling damned if she does, damned if she doesn’t. She loves Nate, but as a very close friend. Basically her utter inexperience with romance caused her to confuse crush/plain attraction with full-blown ‘this person is THE one’ love (which is Adam for her). But she IS mature and perceptive enough to realize that Nate does feel that way about her. So she’s trying to dance the line and just not commit to anything with Nate (by flirting or agreeing to date him) because she knows it would be dishonest and unfair to him.

It’s ‘easier’ right now, with A being in denial mode, but like Tarlonniel mentioned…when A DOES actually go to pursue mode…whoo boy.

But yeah, at this point I think solo Adam is going to be my ‘canon’ route. Nate is just too sweet to hurt, even if my detective doesn’t want to :frowning: :frowning:

8 Likes

It’s a good thing all these situations couldn’t possibly be resolved with calm, honest, boring adult conversations. Wait, did I say boring? I meant - um - mature and responsible. That’s me.

throws paper airplane

16 Likes

Oh believe me, I WISH a poly option with A X Detective X N were possible (guess we’ll have to live that dream in fanfiction or headcanon…). Lunaris games makes some of my favorite visual novels and they’re awesome about including poly options. That said, in those stories the characters with the poly option already had pre-existing relationships with each other, and when your character comes along it’s a matter of the three of you developing feelings becoming an awesome throuple (and of course if you’re not into that you can romance all the love interests solo).

With N and A obviously the main stumbling point is they don’t have romantic feelings towards each other, so a poly option would involve the two of them just agreeing to share the detective…which would make things a lot simpler (and some of us quite happy >:) But things can’t be that easy, else how could we have several more books of emotional roller-coasters and pining? XD

11 Likes

I know this is impossible but I would love for there to be a harem route with the four of them hahaha

7 Likes

<----would go for Adam, Nate, Mason harem. Sadly Felix would be relegated to little brother >_>;; Or actually, I’ll hook him up with Tina. XD

4 Likes

It would be like playing Draupadi (except she had five spouses - maybe we could add Elidor to the mix?). But I don’t know how the MC would have time for all of them, plus a job, plus fighting monsters, not to mention keeping up the masquerade and working out potential mommy issues and resolving lingering psychological trauma and choosing which pastry to have for breakfast at the bakery…

7 Likes

Yeah…not sure how well the detective would be able to walk if they dated more than one of the vampires at a time…let alone expanded the roster outside of the team (though if I had to add someone outside of UB to the list it would be Falk…Falk was awesome <3 (though I really wish there would’ve been a reaction from the love interest if Falk is attracted to the Detective).

5 Likes

Oh okay seems most people here are in the same boat as myself of not wanting to hurt either character. That sucks in a way but makes me feel better at least XD, also I know exactly what you’re talking about @margifish when A said “I wished it was only me” in book two that hit hard. Now I have to switch lanes and defend F again and to think we just agreed as well. But during that rescue mission you have to understand that F is the youngest of all the vampires in UB and has the least combat experience. A was a solider/knight and went right back to being a solider after becoming a vampire. This means they have almost a thousand years of combat experience, I doubt a few humans with overpowered tasers were going to rattle them. (this is doubly impressive if your A is female due to what time period she would be from) The same thing goes for N they were apart of Royal Navy and idk if they were a medic or solider but they would have to be the best of the best to even get a foot on those ships and also they have roughly three hundred years of experience. M on the other hand is just a fighter through and through plus I believe they were tortured or something so subconsciously they were already prepared for the beating. F on the other hand is basically a runaway with superhuman powers, so when confronted with the threat instinctive fear kicked in when their survival instincts also kicked in. I personally liked it when they looked towards us to help them it shows a level of trust that not even N has matched tbf and sorry Sanja I am saving F everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Also staying in this random lane it is stated that F only joined UB because of an opening that occurred when they fell in our dimension. Now earlier people were discussing who the possible leader of the rouges is and all I am saying its never been stated that the former member died and there are plenty of reasons for a supernatural to go rouge from the agency. We just haven’t found them yet.

9 Likes

Oh I understand why Felix is scared (he even mentions his tactic is running/not getting hit during fights if possible). I just really like Sanja (she’s an unambiguously good character and letting someone kind and motherly like her get murdered by trappers just isn’t something I’m going to let happen). It just makes me feel guilty since I DO always save her so seeing poor F get hurt is hard :frowning: Of course F getting hurt ends with that cute scene of the F-mancer detective getting to spoon with them, so there’s the silver lining, and I think F is slowly going to mature and become more capable over the series.

As for the leader of the Rogue supernaturals…prevailing theory is it’s the Detective’s supposedly dead aunt. The detective has their father’s eye color and Falk comments on the rogue’s leader being a woman and that her eyes reminded him of the detective’s. I do think the member of UB F took the place of will factor in at some point in the series. There’s also the fact that we know F doesn’t like demons and Murphy killed the previous team sent after him and they were demons.

5 Likes

@Seraphinite will be able to transfer your save from book two to three?

@Okami_HD_Amatarasu
The save feature in any cog or hg game is only applicable when the next book is in beta stage,i.e.,when book 3 will be nearly complete.

6 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

I am shocked by this theory to say the least. It makes so much sense right now.

12 Likes

Has Sera not confirmed that it wasn’t the ex member?

4 Likes

Yeah it’s not them

4 Likes

Still going with Rook’s ‘dead’ sister being the rogue leader. We know zero about her other than her being the one behind his nickname and that he kept using it after her ‘death’ as a way to remember her (nothing about how she died)…as for Rook’s death, we know the cover story is that he was protecting a family from a ‘gang’ and gave his life to save theirs. Detective later finds out he died protecting supernaturals but Rebecca never got the full story because it was too painful.

Has Sera said what the process for turning a human into a vampire is in her setting? All I’ve seen in the actual books is that brief mention in book 1 that just giving a human vampire blood doesn’t do it and A wasn’t sure what it would do to someone with the detective’s mutation.

Tin foil hat theory time. When talking to the detective about the rogue leader Falk says something to the effect of “I’ve seen her deeds and there is no guilt in her, only hunger.” (paraphrasing since I don’t have that bit of text in front of me). What if Auntie got turned into a vampire and was the one who actually killed Rook? Maybe she tried to turn him and it failed, or he rejected the offer (or refused to work with her/her goals) and she killed him for it. That would certainly add angst. Also double ouch now that I think about it…she gives him a nickname that’s literally a pawn in a game of chess >_>;;

As for the mole in the agency…I’m sure the demon thing will factor in. She went to the trouble to mention Agent Fuller by name and the fact that he’s a demon in book 1. We haven’t seen him since. We know the team Murphy killed were demons. Maybe Fuller was friends/family with them and he went rogue because he blames the agency.

9 Likes

I have a lot of questions about how vampires work in this setting, and about the mysterious world they originate from. If only I could get ahold of some of those books in the agency’s library…

5 Likes