The Wayhaven Chronicles: Book Three (WIP -FINAL DEMO)

“Oops! I actually think of you as a sibling. My bad. It’s so easy to get those feelings confused.” :sweat_smile: :eyes:

8 Likes

Ewwwww :laughing:

1 Like

Wayhaven town is situated in an unspecified geographical location on purpose, who says that geographical location can’t be Alabama? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

All y’all get outta here.

5 Likes

I actually do, too. I’ve always loved that idea (and actually believe in it, to a point).

It’s why my M-mancer actually had love at first sight with Mason, even though she pulled a kind-of-Adam… just, instead of denying it altogether, she made it about sex. Because… Mason sex is the best…

As far as the LT thing, I’m thinking it may be more like, both N and A are soulmates for the MC, but it’s kind of an equal pull of magical attraction for them. Which is what makes it so damned difficult, because none of them can resist it.

Until it comes to a head, and the MC either decides to stop the torture (or is forced to stop the torture), they all three are just fucked over by their magical connection. Of course, that means someone is going to walk away with a broken heart, but it’ll mend… and maybe that soul connection can be turned into a platonic soul connection.

Also adding these for your perusal:

https://seraphinitegames.tumblr.com/post/673100623636545536/hey-i-wondered-if-the-connection-and-pull-mc#notes

https://seraphinitegames.tumblr.com/post/628613966147600384/you-know-im-very-curious-how-does-tina-figure#notes

https://seraphinitegames.tumblr.com/post/616655291620229120/if-the-lis-could-sense-that-the-mc-was-their#notes

7 Likes

The only good thing about the LT is that it’s the reason we have the Wayhaven games in the first place.

8 Likes

I wonder if its be your alley, but maybe you will like it. I’m gonna find that something and PM it to you…

I have the same but with Ava. It’s weird how it work that whole ‘Love at 1st sight’. You are doing one romance then BAM! Someone else come up and Thunder! ZAP!

2 Likes

This is more or less the (relatively) happy ending I’m hoping for. Maybe another romantic soulmate will pop up for the One Unchosen. Sounds like Sera hasn’t quite worked out the mechanics of the whole soulmate thing yet (or hadn’t at the time of that post, anyway).

4 Likes

from Sera

Like, it’s soulmate stuff, and that is hard to hide from anyone! There’s just an air about people who are that much meant to be. At least, I tend to think so!

So true…

A growls and breaks something. M retreats further into denial.

8 Likes

Is the save system for book 2 already implemented?

Not quite yet, apparently - Sera’s last post here (2 days ago) said, “Hosted Games got my email about the save system, so I’m really hoping that’ll be added in soon!” Those with the game actually installed will presumably notice the relevant update (and hopefully post about it, if it’s not announced otherwise).

2 Likes

I actually have both Wayhavens installed on Steam, which displays any updates it’s made, so I’ll probably notice it. Can’t promise celerity, but probably within a day of an update going out.

3 Likes

You know, it just occurred to me that we only bring Bobby up to trash them, so I wanted to do something different and dedicate a song to them:

5 Likes

I can’t wait for the final demo. :blush:

1 Like

The demo above is the final demo, just a heads up. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oops! I read the description wrong then. Haha thanks for pointing that out. :blush:

6 Likes

Okay. That seems consistent with what I quoted above - is there a discrepancy you’re seeing?

Sorry, I thought you were quoting her 5th of August update since that’s where I found her “sent an email” announcement so I thought you haven’t seen that new one yet. My bad :v:

You know, a strange beauty has occurred, the likes of which only IF can produce. When I first played Wayhaven a few weeks ago I actually disliked all the ROs but they all kind of grew on me in Book Two - M especially, which surprised me because they’re just the worst in Book One lolol. So M was my favorite but then I started thinking more about the MC and the type of person they can be, their relationship with Rebecca, their dynamic/history with Bobby if they’re an ex, how they’ve spent their whole life in this very small town. And I started to think about how lonely the MC could have been during their childhood and how that could probably lead them to seek out some toxic romantic partners or to exhibit self sacrificing behaviors for the few people close to them that they do have.

Somewhere along that line of thinking, by the time I got to this demo, the way I viewed the MC of this series changed completely. And whereas before, I saw F as too much of a friend to the MC, they’ve actually became my absolute favorite route because I could imagine how MC feels genuinely cherished in a romantic relationship for possibly the first time. Like someone super loyal/loving that actually enjoys being with them all the time? And they have so much fun together? And they have something so wholesome/genuine between them that the MC never could have thought even existed? They totally would’ve already loved F, the whole soulmate thing is just the cherry on top. Lol I literally almost made myself cry just thinking about all of this and it was entirely my own headcanon :sob:. Also, not to mention, I think the friendships with all of UB hits a bit harder in the found-family way under this context.

TLDR, F has surprised me - and I feel like the writing has hit a balance between leaving the MC unwritten in some ways but hinting at hidden depths at the same time. All the relationships are tying together so well in Book Three and I’m excited to see where everything goes! And to learn more about the MC :slight_smile:

14 Likes