The Wave Rider (wip demo - 4/23/2015)

Very short, as you said. But promising.

Thats cool too. I figured you’d want the land to be a little different than in waterworld, that’s why I suggested it. :smiley: can’t wait to meet the companion :ok_hand:

@Silverstone: see that’s exactly the thing. Although some people may be searching for land, there is no land.

@Crotale, Hopefully not too short for long

@Zane_Hiam: Yes! A grand slam like Exodus, except: free! Forgot to say that didn’t I? Always something.

@Packet: I figured people would like that, of course I was also afraid some more sensitive people wouldn’t. I’m glad you found it first

A great game and free? So few recently!

@Zane_Hiam: It was Choice of Dragons that brought me into the community, if that wasn’t free, I probably wouldn’t even be making a game

1 Like

Same! It’s a shame that after Choice of Zombies they charged money for all of them.

While I don’t like the idea of selling these games, I do agree that the authors deserve the money.

It takes months, sometimes years to finish one, and most people value the time they spent working on them.

I can respect that philosophy. While I’m not gonna charge for any of my games because I don’t need the money, I can understand.

I’m not too fond of games with heaps of action make-one-wrong-move-and-die sort of games, but this looks like it’s going to be pretty fun, I did like the personality bit and how what the pirate says to you corresponds to what you chose, I can’t wait till I can play more

@Martymcchew: I hope to keep your interest…

Definitely an interesting concept, although there’s so little here so far that it’s quite hard to judge the execution. Could use a little proof reading eventually.

@Hell_Satan: you didn’t know that humans had four legs? 4 (legs like humans have).

@Shoelip: Definitely, yes it will.

Four limbs, perhaps. As opposed to the one ‘leg’ that fish have as tail?

@Hell_Satan, nononono… I meant they have legs like humans have, but 4 of them. I guess I didn’t explain that we’ll enough in my last post.

Hey all! No, my projects not dead, I just haven’t had much time to work on it recently. Nevertheless, I have a small update for the demo. It tends to take a while to upload updates, and I have no way of tracking when the link updates. It may take an hour or two if it doesn’t come up immediately, so fret not.

*edit: link is already updated!!
Times like this make me say “Gunter glieben glauchen globen”

@Hell_Satan, no prob. I hope to update at least once each month, but you know- fate has a way of saying otherwise sometimes. So no promises.

After the scene where you get your ship I got an error that said nonexistent variable “personality”.

No, this is a different one.

@Zane_Hiam, I fixed @Hell_Satan’s error. Tell me what personality you picked and I’ll fix it tomorrow

Do you know how to use quicktest? It’s tremendously useful to catch all those ‘variable is not defined’ errors without us running into them instead. https://www.choiceofgames.com/make-your-own-games/testing-choicescript-games-automatically/