The Unwanted Warrior

You will not convinced me. I’m not one to abandoned the other. And people can change, growth. I’ll failed them if I abandoned them.

Similarly my guy you must also understand different people have different opinions and their own ways of playing the game , so you shouldn’t emphasize on how your way of playing is right or how your opinion is above the others . State your opinion and your choices and respect others for theirs , can we do that my guy?

15 Likes

I’m not telling him ho to play. I’m just telling him to see on the long run, either as a good character, an evil one or a selfish one. Even the cowardly one.
Short sight tend to bite (for all alignement)

1 Like

Let’s say this game is real life and you are the MC. You live in medieval world. You’ve been bullied your whole life. You desire no vengeance, and you let your enemies live, even tho you have enough power to smash them and rule how you see fit. Guess what, your enemies found a way to kill you, they regain power and continue with their dictatorship. I’ll repeat it again, you live in a medieval era where your hippie sh*t about peace and justice will result in your death. Even if you truly believe in what you’re telling us this whole time, and that is how you would really do in real life, you’d be dead sooner or later because no one in your enviroment shares your ideology, in medieval times, sons killed fathers, brothers killed brothers, all because of the power and the throne, and still, they were good rulers. Just because you got rid of evil people it doesn’t mean that you’re evil, it just means you’re not naive, and great people always need to get their hands dirty for the greater good.

6 Likes

Let’s keep things civil, please.

1 Like

I guess. Perhaps it’s best to kill your half brother who will hurt innocents for his selfish reasons. The lesser of two evils

3 Likes

What you are describing isn’t vengeance but survival. Not the same thing AT all.
If you read all of my post, I’m saying to go to the fight . But, I’m not going to kill them out of revenge. I’m not about to turn them into martyr. If I have to kill Alexander in a fight if it mean saving my life, I will. But I won’t kill a disarm adversary or anything like that.
And if I have to die to stay True to my principe, so be it. But they will make a martyr, and that’s never a good thing for those responsable.
I’m going to let the justice do it’s role.

2 Likes

It is an interesting story. I can’t wait to read the rest. I like that the choices we make feel like a choice should. The choices actually matter and lead towards other paths. Alexander is an impulsive characters, but I get the feeling he is misunderstood. I don’t think he is evil, but misguided by his mother. His hatred originates from his mother. I can’t wait to see the direction you will take with king Azra. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s what I’m trying to say some times good people have to do bad things its not good or evil its playing smart your step mother would have killed you if you stayed your brother would have tortured you so some times you have to be ruthless OK then look at lions the dominant male as soon as his sons get old enough he sends them away because he knows eventually they are gonna challenge him

1 Like

In this case survival brings a dose of vengeance in it, because your existence is in danger by the people who were in your life forever and wanted you dead even before. It’s connected.

1 Like

Vengeance bring destruction and autodestruction with it. I will NEVER make my character take this road. Except if I want to have a (really good) sad ending, like any good vengeance story.

1 Like

Alright, do what you please just don’t lecture other people.

3 Likes

Hey there! I’ve just read the demo, and I quite like it!
There are some spelling errors, but I won’t delve too much on that since English isn’t my language and I don’t feel very confident about giving advice on that.
What bothered me were various consistency errors, so I’ll just list them. I’m pretty sure some have been pointed out already, if not all, but I’ll do it just in case.

• About the wolf incident.
    I choose to accept helping Abigail, I didn’t kill the rabbit, approached the wolf, and took it home. Then, when James confronts the MC, told him the MC wanted to help his sister.
    When reaching the “three days later” when it’s Alexander’s birthday, the hero is in bed, thinking of the incident, and it says “You lie on the bed, staring around your room. You wonder if there was a way to save that wolf. But it was probably impossible. You saw her injuries. She was beyond saving.”
    But the healer said her injuries were not severe and she should make it fine. I was wondering if he was lying, but that wouldn’t make sense. And well, when you start the next chapter, you can select to check on her, so yeah…
  • Still about the wolf, if you refuse to go with Eleanor and end up in Mistan. You end up speaking about her, and Ferand looks and her and said she prefers the MC over her old family. But it seems weird the MC would take a young and still injured wolf to a hunt, when he went with Blair. It would be nice if that part was explained.
  • In Aithria, the queen says something like “you’re both our guests”, and later on when talking with Marcus at the marketplace, the MC mentions “the queen let us live”. But he’s alone? There’s only him and the wolf, so why are they talking as if it was two people. Do they consider the wolf a person?
    Shortly after showing the training ground, he says “Come, join us for dinner. Eleanor is there as well.”
    So maybe it’s an error and these dialogues are supposed to show if you decide to escape with Eleanor?
  • After the bells and the anouncement of who’ll become a scout, a line says:
    " “I don’t think I can do that,” Aaron blinks at him. Leonora lets out a chuckle, putting her hand over her mouth."
    Well obviously Leonora isn’t there. Is that even possible? Maybe you meant Eleanor, for the players who went with her? But in my playthrough she isn’t there anyway.
    Or then again, maybe you can have Leonora with you…
    When going to train with Aaron, there’s that part:
    "“I will be back soon,” You look at the girls. Marcus is a good man, so you trust him with them. He will protect them from others.
  • “I will wait here,” Eleanor smiles at you. You give her a nod before leaving with Aaron."
    Again, there are no girls with me.

Aside from that, I am confused about one element of the story. The MC is destined to die when passing on their powers to their child. When they read the book from their grandfather, they thing about how that is their destiny and so on. But I think it would be good to have a variable for that part if the MC has shown interest in a person of the same gender, so far. For example, my MC is a man, and I’m going for Blair’s romance. That means if he refuses to take the throne or have a convenience wife, he will never have children. Considering my MC’s mentality, he wouldn’t marry for convenience, no matter what, so there is no reason for him to think dying when his child is born would be his destiny.

On that matter, I wish you could actually refuse to take the Athrian throne, but you’re more or less forced into it, so it seems. Still, the point about not wanting to get a convenience wife still stands.

To be honest, I think it would be good to give the players the opportunity to avoid death when having a kid. Even if I’m not affected by it since my character is interested in someone of the same gender, it would be so sad for other people to get a good ending, but know that the MC will die, probably soon since usually people don’t have kids very late, in settings like that

Anyway, it was still and interesting story and I’ll be waiting for the full thing.

14 Likes

So how’s the romance in this? I got far enough to meet King Azra and had to stop to sleep.

That’s where the demo stops. We’ll probably find out when it gets published.

This is so good , can’t wait for the official launch.

maybe the mc can be immune to the " die so that the child can live " because mc is a human + aithran hybrid?

or maybe idk i’ve only read the demo once so far , I might not have the complete understanding , BUT what if the next generation powered aithrans don’t require parents to die because they’re born of love? loving someone won’t be a crime in mc’s kingdom right? love fuels life or whatever logic idk. :thinking:

1 Like

@Konoi The author has stated many times the MC will die if they have a child and theres no way to avoid besides not having a kid, they’ve also said they’re no changing it already.

1 Like

I’m new to the thread/forums, so it’s a bit difficult to get hold of old answers to things.
But non the less, even if that’s the case, my point still stands about the fact if the MC is attracted to people of the same gender, they wouldn’t assume it’s their destiny to die when having a child. My post was more about the fact they think that way despite not being straight. Though I DO think I would be frustrated if my MC was straight and had to die when having a child, but if it’s the authors will to leave it that way, well, I understand.

4 Likes

Magic has her way… Maybe it can be possible to decide WHEN and to WHO you give your magic. You will still die, but you will control it and will be able to birth a baby without giving it your magic.
Honestly, it would be best. You won’t know who will recieve your Magic. Your baby Can become a real psychotic, or die at birth (and then it’s random).