The Superlatives: Shattered Worlds — Hunt a killer and save the solar system!

If I remember correctly, Commander’s plan to save their dimension was something like this:

The Plan
  1. disrupt the peace treaty;
  2. cause a new war between Earth, Mars and Venus;
  3. death creates a lot of pure Aether;
  4. harvest Aether;
  5. use it instead of their own dimension’ corrupted Aether;
  6. ???;
  7. PROFIT!

So a Martian assasin killing people with the help of Venusian bio-tech-thingies was needed to stop the peace treaty, I assume.

1 Like

I understood THE PLAN but, wouldn’t it have been more effective to kill the queen, thus lure the arbiter where they are needed for stable rifts (if that is even the case) invade?

They tried to kill the Queen with that poisonous Venusian bug, but MC prevented it, if I remember correctly. And before that the assasin was tasked to commit as many assasinations as possible on different sides to create more conflict between them. I guess?

Yeah, but cause mc knew what was going on

Damn, that meddling MC with their knowledge of Venusian bugs! And being-a-component-of-dimension-rift-engine-so-they-cannot-be-killed powers!

1 Like

Yeah, was a wee bit disappointed we didn’t have our superpowers anymore. Not much point in being Lord Tempest if I use a sword.

7 Likes

And like heck would Hallow not try to interact with us…

Is the PC from this game the same one from the first Superlatives game? Or are we having a new character made from scratch?

Can import old character or play as a the Arbiter. Relationships will be different as Kesh will be closer to the Arbiter since they knew each other 11 years.

Wait, does Hallow not pop up at any point? I knew there was someone missing besides Dusk :thinking: I’m happy that Hugh (my RO) turned up a few times but I was sorely missing interactions with Arabella(?) and pretty much all of the Society crew.

I’m very glad Patel was given a lot more depth, though; kinda tempted to replay as a standalone just to romance him.

3 Likes

I’m disappointed MCs sister doesn’t appears in this, she was my favourite character. Well, I can only hope there’ll be new likeable characters in this. Still replaying the first game to save it so I can’t say much about this game yet.

2 Likes

No, Hallow didn’t show up at all. Lots of characters from first book didn’t show. I’d assumed that if the old MC took over Arbiter works, someone from the society (someone in the higher ranks, not Gatsby who came as a friend) would address that and called the MC. But that didn’t happen.

2 Likes

The more I read this thread I get more convinced that I’m wasting my time playing the first game again so I can save my character…

9 Likes

Quite sad to hear that there’s not much use to play as your first MC. I always thought it was like the DA series though either way. I better stop replaying the first one and play it as a standalone.

8 Likes

The MC’s sister appears depending upon your end game state of the first game. It looks like you’ll get more cameos from the old characters as long as they’re still part of the Society (or the newly renamed Society) at the end of the first game.

I feel bad about killing off the original Arbiter to import my previous protagonist, but the old characters don’t seem to show up at all in the Arbiter’s route. So far I’ve only noticed Wailer briefly popping up with the Arbiter (meanwhile my Lord Raven had a much longer scene with her in the same spot).

I do agree that I wish this had a more Dragon Age style “state of the world” previous game import option rather than having to overwrite the Arbiter entirely with the previous protagonist in order to get any crossover with the first game.

9 Likes

So… What exactly do I need to do for this?

I think the Queen’s agent Vesper is a cool romance partner

2 Likes

I just didn’t enjoy this game as much as the first one. Seriously the first one has to be one of my favorites… there wasn’t really any fleshed out relationships, I didn’t feel like my MC from the first one was important or considered. I’m not sure, I wished I passed on this one quite honestly and I don’t want to say that.

5 Likes

I haven’t been keeping up, but I have a memory that when the sequel was announced, it was also mentioned that it wouldn’t be about the mc of the first game. I wonder if that option was added later, maybe because of pressure by fans? It sounds like it’s not really as well implemented as it could have been.

12 Likes

I will be blatantly sincere. This game should haven’t a option to have a import character. Is harmful for a story clearly not made and not designed to that in mind It feels like a second hand fan mod that clashes hard with the story plot in several moments and never felt in place.

It should have been the story of the arbiter. And later on if successful a Side story of Pc made for it and tailor plot for it. As it is is just weird. Sad due the writing and universe is still great. But a bad planning could spoil games. This is an example of it

12 Likes