Choice of Games Nominated for Nebula Awards

Big news. Big day. The Nebula Nominees have been announced and three of our 2018 titles have been nominated for a Nebula in Game Writing:

we’ve been nominated alongside BANDERSNATCH and GOD OF WAR.

97 Likes

This will bring a lot of business to CoG. Congrats.

14 Likes

Congratulations :smile:

7 Likes

I hope so!

9 Likes

Congratulations you guys. You deserve the nomination after the hard work you all put in.

Now fingers crossed for a win. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Don’t forget: Beta testers are credited on every. single. one. This forum helped.

23 Likes

That’s phenomenal, whatever the outcome. Congratulations to all involved, authors, editors, testers and players (nominators?!).

14 Likes

Wow. You guys have some serious competition. I mean GOD OF WAR, are you kidding me?

An author, an editor, a publisher, and a couple of BETA testers walk into an award ceremony… and are immediatly greated by the hundreds of staff members, posters, action figures, shelves of games for sale, and game stations so attendees can play a bit, of GOD OF f***ing WAR.

Good luck. Rent-A-Vice for the win!

3 Likes

Congratulations
A deserved accomplishment.:star_struck:
In elite competition

2 Likes

I’m absolutely thrilled that so many CoGs are on there! One would be amazing, two fantastic, but THREE! Giant congratulations to the authors, editors, and testers!

8 Likes

Arguably Netflix is an even bigger behemoth than whatever subsidiary of Sony created God of War, but point taken :smiley:

6 Likes

Big news! Congratulations, everyone.

I’ve never bought any of these titles, but I think this is a pretty good point to give them a try.

1 Like

Wow, just wow you guys have done great!

1 Like

For sure, but I think Bandersnatch is a spinoff whereas God of War is a main title and in the running for GOTY. I think it’s safe to assume Sony is placing all of their bets on their flagship. Might not make a difference but I thought it worth mentioning.

1 Like

The awkwardness when you realise you bought God of War but none of the aforementioned COGs

Uh…congratulations!!! (please don’t kill me :pleading_face:)

8 Likes

God of War: $40
All three soon to be on sale Nebula Nominees: $8.97

:thinking:

17 Likes

That’s so awesome! You guys deserve it, and heck, I’m proud of being a part of the community. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent news! I wonder if there will be some backlash on three nominees coming from the same company, though. Like a rule revision for next year.

2 Likes

Let’s not borrow trouble. Also: doubtful. One of our nominees, Kate Heartfield is also up for her novel. So, it’s about the writers and we’ve got some amazing ones.

9 Likes

You do indeed. The COG writers are incredible. I’d love it if we had more info about their other projects by the end of the games or on a page or something. Do they have pages on the forums, btw? Listing their novels and other stuff?