The Soul Stone War General Discussion Thread (Romance And Stones Guide on #6)

@Bizimo The only choice that leads to a kiss is “I just stand there, frozen—and I take it.”

1 Like

I made an account specifically to mention how much I appreciate this story in my life, so apologies for any mishaps with text because I made an account about 5 minutes ago oops :sweat_smile:

I thought about this story for a few days after I read the free chapters, and eventually I caved because I was really interested in Morkai and Strassa and I really liked how you could be in a poly with them because even just watching their interactions, that felt like the most natural course of action (also here to say I was forever grateful for the relationship guides in the games menus, I’m always super worried I’m doing the wrong thing and having a guide there to actually reference was great, because I didn’t have to go searching for one and risking spoilers!)

I like how the MC feels autonomous but not too powerful. I feel MC was the right amount of “I can do things!” Without being OP, even when my stats were absolute garbage and I failed all the tests oops

The story was really interesting! I feel it was just starting to get into the groove of things as the first book needed, and I can’t wait to see more! I also love how the relationships were written in this. Even the platonic ones were fleshed out and it felt like I was genuinely getting to know people. I’m glad you got the option to make it obvious if you weren’t looking for a romantic relationship and the other characters respected that and backed off.

The whole soul stone being decided on your stats was super cool too! All of my stats were super close so I ended up with Jade the first time through and then Obsidian the second time around, which was neat :+1:
But really, this story has been a great source of joy for me over the last few days and it’s really been the thing keeping me going, so thank you so much for all the hard work you put into it! I eagerly await the second book :eyes:

10 Likes

@Fianue Oh my God, thank you so much! :scream::heart: Your post literally made my day, I appreciate it like you wouldn’t believe :sob::pray: Knowing that my story has touched people keeps me motivated and writing to the best of my ability. So truly, thank you.

1 Like

I read this book on my brothers phone and I romanced manerkrol and I was wondering if where gonna have an option to leave with him in book 2

Ok I gotta question, I was aiming to see if anything happened with the werewolf. How the hell do I make that happen??

You can’t, lol. Your character can be attracted to her but nothing will become of it.

THATS ALL I WANTED!!! Noooooooo

1 Like

I’m in the midst of playing this for the first time. Found this thread, read the description, and rushed to Steam to get it :laughing:
I’m not done yet - I’ll probably be by tomorrow. I’ll write some feedback by then, but I must say…
One of the few things that bothered me are the character portraits. When I took a look at them, I was “meeeh, that’s NOT AT ALL how I imagine them!”. I’ve tried to tell myself that’s just how the style looks, and well, that’s not the kind of art style I enjoy, so nothing to do about it. But it left me frustrated. And then I’ve noticed the alternate versions on the thead… and mmmm now that’s it - THAT’s how I imagine them… So gorgeous… :two_hearts:

Sorry, I’ll be more coherent tomorrow, I promise!

1 Like

you can kiss her

1 Like

Sadly I found out that’s as far as it goes, I kinda wanted to go with werewolf woman though.

1 Like

So does anyone know if you can use two stats or if it’s better to focus on one?Also how do you play with a wits build?

Well, you can play with two stats, but you’re likely to get failed checks scenes and the bad ending. Only by focusing on one stat can you be certain that you’ll pass everything.

Still, there are no game overs, and the failed scenes are funny imo—unless, of course, you picture your MC as OP. And as for how you play a wits build, just choose the options that mention using distractions, or outwitting people and you should be good to go.

On another note, I’m happy to announce that I’m almost finished with the first chapter of the second book! It still needs to be alpha tested, and that will take awhile, but we’re one step closer to releasing a demo!

Also, I have been getting a lot of questions about being able to roleplay an MC that hates everyone in the party and wants to be evil and see the world burn.

So, I believe I need to be clear about it so everyone can manage their expectations. It might be possible to take a darker route IF you are on Manerkol’s path—BUT!

At its core, this series is about friendship, companionship, growing as a person through difficulties that you overcome based on your own strength, but ALSO the strength of your companions and your bond with them.

It’s a game about human relationships, be it platonic or romantic, and while being hateful/selfish/evil is part of human interactions, it’s not something I enjoy to write.

Will the MC be able to side with Manerkol? Perhaps—but even if they do, they WILL be torn up about it and about having to betray the others. Already I regret writing the jerk-ish option towards the companions and trust me when I say that if the MC goes the hateful route with everyone, you WILL pay for it.

I agree that there are not enough games where the MC can be evil, can kill everyone, or that they are penalized for choosing the evil options etc. My game, however, will not be the one to fix that.

So, in that sense, there are some things that you may headcanon and some that you may not. Being fully evil and unrepentant about it is not one of them. I’m sorry if that messes with your plans, but this is the way it is.

So I hope this clears up any doubt there might have been going around.

Cheers!

24 Likes

Man I still didn’t have the time to actually finish the game - have been busy and only played demos, since it allows for shorter sessions.
BUT! I have been wondering about that route, so I’ll ask about it!
I love to play veeeery nice and gentle and shy characters, so I’m happy I can do so in this game. BUT! I’m also very interested in Manerkol, and I’d like to try his romance for my second playthrough. Is it possible to remain nice and gentle and still have a successful route with him? I guess so, from what you’re saying, but well, it would be nice to have confirmation.

2 Likes

Eagerly waiting for the demo…I loved the first book so much

1 Like

As far as “evil” routtes go, my favorite would be the ones in Psi High. Then again, that is the mild “self centered, high school jerk” evil. You can still win the game, but no one actually likes you. (Actually, I think you might be able to finish with one of the RO if you do it right, but I always found it more fun to be surprised and confused when EVERYONE broke up with me, and no one wanted to go to prom with me.) Evil there is things like going steady with multiple people, deliberately causing trouble and, er, selling drugs (not actually portrayed.) Are there any games where you can play a truly evil character? For the most part I prefer playing good characters. Usually a flawed hero, but still someone trying to do the right thing.

A very minor grammatical detail has been bothering me in the stats screen.
Of the 8 character traits, 2 are nouns and 6 adjectives :

Pragmatism / Intuition (Nouns)
Stoic / Playful (Adjectives)
Bold / Cautious (Adjectives)
Honest / Deceptive (Adjectives)

I know that it shouldn’t bother me to the point where I need to look for a forum in order to report it… yet it does -__-

An easy fix would be to change the 2 nouns (Pragmatism/Intuition) into adjectives (Pragmatic/Intuitive) so that they are all adjectives.

Pragmatic / Intuitive
Stoic / Playful
Bold / Cautious
Honest / Deceptive

By the way, most CoG and HG games have an email address for to the specific game or developer, which is listed in their page on Google Play. But this one only has a general support address (support@hostedgames.org), so nothing to contact the game’s creator. Otherwise I would have used it instead of this forum to report a few spelling and grammatical mistakes I caught (besides this one, which isn’t even technically a mistake).

Otherwise, great game ! I am looking forward to the second book, especially the continuation of Manerkol’s romance and the darker path you mentioned. I had started to write my impressions and comments on the first game, but it ended up being so long that I gave up without finishing ^_^’ I might eventually get around to finishing it, but in the meantime, I will just say that it is one of the best CoG/HG games I have read *_*

4 Likes

Hi

You could send it here:
support-soulstonewar-gps@choiceofgames.com

You could find each individual support email through the contact us menu found in the standalone app itself. But I know they still accept concerns with the general support email.

2 Likes

@Konoi You can definitely take the nice and gentle route on his romance arc, and the route will not cut off or anything. It will be more angsty for sure. As to it being “successful”… I’m not sure that’s a word that applies to his romance at all. It’s all subjective, and it boils down to what each individual can live with :sweat_smile:

@varada_naveen Thank you! Can’t wait to show you all what I’ve written so far!

@blupe Flawed heroes are my preferred routes too, though I do enjoy playing morally grey or evil characters from time to time. Time to time being the keyword here :sweat_smile: Writing a fully evil route would take a lot of work and dedication, and that’s a lot to ask if you’re not enjoying it…

@Quaesitrix I actually noticed the discrepancy too, and it mildly annoyed me, so I kept telling myself that I’ll fix it later on. But as more and more content piled up, it became too risky and time consuming to change every single instance where the variable appears. Plus, making mass changes almost always resorts to bugs afterwards. I’m so sorry that it’s annoying you, but I’m not going to change that now, it’s too late… Any other mistakes/errors/typos that you find, however, feel free to report them like resuri08 suggested :+1:

6 Likes

Well… avoiding death, for starters :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Konoi Hmm… I will say that the kind of ending you get with Manerkol will not depend on your niceness :smirk: So I think you’re safe on that front at least :laughing:

4 Likes