The Seven Winds (WIP)

The error ceases when the page is reloaded.

@CoGAwesomeness I looked into it. There is a problem with the global choicescript code which causes those errors. I’ve reverted back to the original code, and hopefully there won’t be anymore problems. Thanks for bringing it up.

I have found a bug.

When fleeing Samodai no matter what you choose, you eventually get this message:

line 1210: No selectable options

and the game drops out.

@Bloodwyche, the same thing happened during my game as well

@Bloodwyche @FortunesFaded Thanks for reporting this. Reusing options seems to fail when reused too many times, no matter how I try to change the JS code. As a workaround, I’ve made the final battle easier, so you shouldn’t encounter the bug in future attempts.

Also, the free server seems to be under heavy load when I tested. Got some errors when I started, but on refresh, they went away.

I loooove this game! Can’t wait for more!

Dear god…this game is the absolute best game I’ve played on here. I loved the Bartimaeus Trilogy (Sequence?), and I love that it was one of the inspirations behind this. I’m pretty sure this is the only game I’ve gone through multiple times to to make sure I’ve seen every facet of it. I’m still not sure I have.
I have a few questions. Would you suggest choosing all the choices that would lead to attaining mastery of an art, or would you say to just pick choices that seem right for your djinn? Another question pertains to the future romances. Who will they be? Other djinn? Mortals? Samodai maybe? Samodai interests me a lot…considering I seduced him, although I guess seducing Vineah as well didn’t make him to happy… (Do djinn have explicit gender or is it just form preference?) I feel like I have a million more questions but I don’t want to overwhelm you.

1.I wish Part 1 was longer but that’s just my inner spoiled brat talking.
2.Nope
3. Not sure
4. If it would break the immersion of the story, I prefer not.
5. It is kind of hard. I had to forsake picking the choices intrinsic to my djinn to attain them.
6. I think they’re alright. (Additional Questions): Are there more arts to master? Is there more than one advanced art within an art?
7. That was the end part with Samodai right? It was absolutely perfect to me.
8. Perfect.

In the future should I pm you for questions or just post them here?

So what does your original form look like before you were mortal

Played most of the first chapter, definitely happy with it so far. I think it’ll be great to go back and try different abilities to see how this affects gameplay.

Is there’s any point to the decision of the first assumed form btw? I was curious if this is meant to be a default look and a way of sort of determining if the dijinn is male or female (although I don’t think it really matters).

So the form you assume is the form you were when you had your Powers

@Roslyn: I’m going to assume you meant try Internet Explorer, and not that you’re being a smartass.

I did, and it didn’t work there, either. IE says the page doesn’t exist, and Chrome and Firefox both say they can’t connect to it. Whenever I try to trim the address down, it takes me to a website, “fhost.com”, that says it’s for sale, and there’s no link there for any games.

@SpiderGirl Thanks!

@Sarsmos Thanks for the positive feedback. Like one of the jinn in the game, I do enjoy boosts to vanity :slight_smile: Feel free to either pm me or post in the thread, or both, I don’t mind. Here are some other answers.

How they play the game is entirely up to the player. My goal as storyteller is to provide appropriate feedback on their choices, I guess. Because there is only one Part available so far, you might feel forced into making certain choices just to boost a stat and unlock a mastery atm (there are only seven, one for each stat), but once the game is finished, you should be able to play as you like, with masteries being unlocked when stats reach a certain level (which will be a chore to code, I know…). Still, you do get a warning (in the stat chart) that being too powerful may not be a good thing for a jinni - which is reflected in the stat names, story choices, and will be cause for an ending.

Romances are being worked on, and I have several in mind. Both mortals and jinn are possible options, and that’s all I plan on saying atm.

@Roslyn_samalt06 @derekmetaltron The true form of a jinni is… something you will learn at the end of the story. :slight_smile:

A jinni is genderless. Though Vineah and Samodai are explicitly gendered in the story, due to their titles and personal pronouns (for certain reasons), I tried to portray others, like Qutub in a gender-neutral way. Basically, form choice at the start is meant to show this, and to allow a player to assign their own gender to their jinni.

I’ve tried to code the game for replayability, to provide good value if it ever becomes an official game, lol.

Dragon is what I picture when I think of guardian of the sky’s ?

I can’t access it, with Chrome or Firefox.

Try the internet it works for me

Hey I have a few(edit:a lot) more questions: Samodai was mentioned to be an ifrit, which makes sense since he is heavily associated with flame. Is he still considered a djinn since an ifrit is a class of djinn or is it different in this universe? What would that make the PC? (Marid, Ifrit, Just another djinn, etc?) And also, since there are an endless amount of akashic clouds in the Celestial Court, are djinn effectively gods, since their power is fueled endlessly? Also what dictates the birth/creation of a djinn? In the game it says that djinn are bound by death, does that mean in the mortal world they are basically super-powered ageless humans? I’m kind of confused, mortal or not, why a djinn would require food and water unless it somehow is digested/converted to energy(?) differently. What do djinn do in the Celestial Court? Did the PC have a divine job before his summoning, like sending rain to the mortal world, placing stars, etc? Gah! Every time I start typing I feel bad for asking so many questions but I’m so obsessively curious.

@Sarsmos You’ve got me curious now.

@ArchAngel950 I have that same problem :frowning: Really wish I could play it though; it sounds interesting!

@ArchAngel950 @Calamity Sorry, I haven’t responded before, been busy today. I’m really not sure what the problem is because I’m not having any trouble accessing the site. Best I can do is try to set up another host tomorrow. I’ll post it up when ready. I don’t believe fhost.com is the same site though. I’m with fhost.com.au which is up and running. You can’t access the game except by clicking or copying/pasting the full url:
http://tenryu.fhost.com.au/wind/mygame/index.html

@Sarsmos @fantom Both ifrits and marids (maruts in the story) are just more powerful jinns who have mastered certain stats, gameplay-wise. In the Celestial Court, jinn powers can be used without limit, but calling oneself a god is a bad idea when the creator being is still around and expects to be respected/worshipped by man and jinn. In the mortal world, jinn are no longer immortal (that’s what I meant by bound by death), so yes, jinn can die here through, lol, starvation. You can just imagine what would happen to a jinni’s reputation if that got out - Oh, that Hetabal, he wasn’t done in by the Thousand Torments. No, he starved to death! How humiliating!

@Roslyn_samalt06 I’m not sure what you meant by dragon? Could you expand on it?

Can anyone else tell me if they’ve had the same problems accessing the game?

No I was being a smartass no idea what is wrong with your system sorry