The Royal Legacy (New Poll on post #1466) (Hiatus)

Who ever said I wont be employing shady tactics ,if you’ll remember the full name is Majin Assassin after all , although to be honest I think ill be using my clever policies in the open eye of the public ,finding djrt on my rivals and revealing it to the masses .

Would there be multiple tiers like say this ?

Tier 1: Jack Chains , Iron Mail ,Lamellar
Tier 2: Scale mail , Steel plate .
Tier 3 : Black Steel plate cuirasses’ (Black steel would be a fire and weapon resistant steel that keeps a get black color through forging ) Black steel mail
Tier 4: Arcanian steel mail (Infantry) Arcanian steel plate(cavalry ,knights)

That’s the plan, if it’s implemented. Things could get quite unnecessarily complicated using the tiered gear if done improperly.

There… wouldn’t by any more chocolate left would there?

I’m still working on developing a trade system for the game. Conquest through battle is a definite answer, but having such a merchant fleet can have its uses… not to mention being the one ruler with such a tightly woven network of spies.

The Spider, The Coin, or The Blade → The choice is set, the path, not so much.

1 Like

I am all for a spider and a coin path I prefer go away from a military approach. It’s not my favorite things war is so blunt, and sometimes boring. Commercial war and a spy war is so much fun for me.

War is as much about coin as it is about swords. Sadly, war isn’t always as simple as two armies meeting on a field and riding to charge at each other.

There are those who set ambushes, pitfalls and traps on the field, send assassins into enemy camps, harry the opponent and keep the enemy awake at night, poisoning or burning the supplies. Not to mention buying allies…

Yeah, that’s the funny battlefield. The two armies stuff is normally boring as hell, and I have enough with Sabres and Guns for a few years. Great games I love, however, I have no much more patience left for more honorable warfare.

Did I just hear someone say honourable warfare? Haha! That’s rich! To think both sides would simply sally forth and engage one another with no foul play involved? Sounds like a fairy tale. Something no one will see in this game.

For ‘commerce war’, maybe you can establish monopoly of certain resources.

For example, you could own all the available salt mines in the land.
Or you could also have control of the trading routes, and other kingdoms will have to pay you tax to use those routes.

Or maybe you could pay off pirates to raid your enemies’ trading galleys.

Develop your weapon manufacturing industry, and you could sell arms to other kingdoms. Then manipulate them to wage war with each other, and keep the money spinning.

The possibilities are endless. You just have to think like a medieval businessman. Then when your kingdom is prosperous, people will start leaving other kingdoms and migrate to yours.

EDIT:

Build the first-ever bank and insurance company in the land.

Fund voyages across the sea.

Hire mercenaries to fight wars for you.

1 Like

No worries for most of those then, they were something I was planning for. Although, I haven’t given much thought to resources. Perhaps… commerce…

Though for the more in depth pieces of commerce and the business bit, I’ll set that aside for a much smaller game I have planned. The MC plays as a shopkeeper/innkeeper in Imora.

I like that idea, funding voyages. Though the mercs idea can definitely backfire in a horrible way, we’ll just have to see.

Edit: As a strayed note; I’ve been considering adding the previous choice you made at the top of the screen so to keep tabs on what choice you made or what you said as you go along the story.

E.g.

Lay waste to the city

The soldiers rampage through the streets…

• Watch the scene…
  • This is horrible! I need to put a stop to it…
  • Leave…

Or would this make the game look more clogged up instead.

To be honest I think I’m going to invest alot of my army budget into skirmish troops and ranger types simply to just sabotage my enemies . I feel like everyone has some kind of weird idea that everything has to be super deceitful for our kingdoms to work ,but why can’t it be a mixed bag ? My entire play through has been being a jerk to my enemies but letting everybody know ,then its so much easier to avoid being blackmailed. On the other hand if anyone infiltrates Mara’s system and finds any dirt she’s done for.

My regime is not democratic society at all so they could find all dirty they want. Other thing if the spy could really use that info about me within discover her him cover. And of course, some spy infiltrating is unavoidable that’s how the game works. There is no perfect system, and of course my Switzerland would have a very good trained elite army including archery and machinery engineers. My army is a defensive one . My diplomatic web and my economy are my attack force. I really believe I could create a small but prosperous pacific kingdom of bankers, clocks and chocolate makers. No one wants to attack Switzerland so no one wants attack my own Switzerland.

I understand that ,and I like the idea ,but you talk alot about deceit and a web of spies and these games ,and one of the game mechanics if I’m not mistaken is that if the people distrust you they will overthrow you ,besides I was just using your often times more deceitful approach as an example not trying to call you out or anything.

Well I mean…Switzerland certainly had a strong military force however that really didnt stop Germany from using them as a highway. Nor did their diplomacy stop Germany from occupying them for most of the war. Nor did their bankers send them home because of how much money they had.

Your idea seems sound…until someone looks at the carts laden with gold moving into your city and thinks,“I want that. Let’s go take that.”

Your understanding of Swiss history is different than mine.

Switzerland was no conquered by Germany, except you consider selling them weapons and goods an exotic price being conquered. And keeping their gold even today. Neutrality was kept Switzerland wanted Nazi regime succed. Even Stalin respect Switzerland if he wanted he could burnt them to the ground gold included. Switzerland was there the last time I checked.

It certainly is, never said it was destroyed. However there was to be an Operation Tannebaum which would’ve changed that.

Switzerland was able to remain independent through a combination of military deterrence, economic concessions to Germany, and good fortune as larger events during the war delayed an invasion.

That last one might be the most important. Admittedly I thought the Swiss allowed Germany to March through their lands to fight without doing anything. Never really was interested in their role and given their German relations I guessed they were just used as a stepping stone. Regardless, as of now having only a small but elite military seems very dangerous when everyone else is looking to conquer.

Interesting this topic should come up. Part of the debt solution planned for the game is having an independent banking system, who provide loans for a variety of houses. “Neutral” as they are, there are other means of fighting a war without your own army. Such as supplying the enemies of those that owe them. In the end, they get their dues.

There’s always the resource card to be played. E.g. if a nation has a certain resource that everyone else wants/needs, be it your banks, rice/wheat fields, or mines - and instead threatening to destroy it all if anyone attacks. Supposing your troops are reliant on said nation for their food supply and at the threat of being attacked, threatens to salt their fields…

@maj12 Ah the spider, even they must learn to not only craft a web, but to learn to strike and use their advantage lest their connections become a cobweb and their sole power is swept away.

Does anyone know when this was last updated?

I for one, sadly do not know :confused: BUT I can tell you when the next update will be.

→ That would be the last day of every month.

As to your previous question, from what I’ve heard, the author was gone for a few months, so no update there. He may have been benevolent enough to have updated the game the week before leaving.

Mate, remember you said you were going to use the name Arcanian steel?
I have a better suggestion. Use Arcanium instead. It sounds more metal. Hahahahah…

By the way, I have a game coming up too. Do you mind if we use the name Arcanium too? Hahahaha…