The Path of Light

For some reason, there is missing text:

Cain smiles.

“What does it mean to walk the path of Light, Father?”

Oh, gotcha! That makes more sense.

“It’s like asking someone who does not eat meat, whether it’s better to eat beef or mutton for lunch, you think to yourself.”

This. xD

Another typo: “You’re doing great. Only just that yesterday I left you all day alone with Babel and now too tired.”

“give her the flowers
give her the holy water
do none of the above”

The last choice seems very clumsy to me. And these too:

"Option A: Ask her if she had the opportunity to learn about the sinister disease that rampagedthe village yesterday Option B: Tell her you were worried about her Option C: Ask her where she was yesterday

Option A
Option B
Option C"

There seem to be a lot of choices where there is a “right” answer.

"She reaches into her decolettage and takes a fine medallion out and throws it. You instinctively catch it. Kalea’s knees buckle and she looks like she’s about to fall down. You can help her stay on her feet. Or, you can decide not to intervene, even at the risk of her falling and getting hurt?

Catch her
Don’t"

Also, I would suggest a proof read.

Hmm…it won’t let me use the rag doll even though it was given to me.

1 Like

If you can’t use the doll, you are probably using the older version (before the update). That may also explain the previous bug you reported (about being a healer and not knowing how to treat Babel).

About the clumsy choice, do you mean the actual wording or something else?

Spoiler alert :smile:
I think it is good when there are good and bad decisions (well, hopefully the author is good at deciding which is good and which not). However, the case with these quotes is not like that. You can either condemn or flatter Kalea, both approaches will lead to her giving you the medallion. Well, angering her will also trigger her to attach Henrik, so it is “more right”.

The holy water is generally the better choice as it deals damage to the demonologist but is worse than the flowers if your strategy is to flatter her.

I’m reading my copy on the web, so I wonder how to update that. o_o

And yeah, the wording breaks my immersion. The choices should fit themselves into the narrative, in my opinion.

Oh, gotcha. But in general, though, almost all choices should have some appeal to them. Otherwise it’s more of “pick the choices that you think the author thinks is right” as opposed to “pick the choices that you would choose if you were in the priest’s shoes.” Most of the time I would pick the choices that you think are better, anyways, but still. xD

I expect the Android version of part 2 to be ready in week or (rather) two. I would need beta testers with Android devices. If you wish to participate, please, PM me an e-mail. Thank you!

Why would testers need an Android device? Usually people test to give suggestions and weed out coding errors and typos, so I’m not sure where the type of device fits into that.

The second part (just like the first) will be released for Android by XS Gamebooks. After that, I will convert it into ChoiceScript (the developer said he could help), then I will have an open beta.

But, right now, I am concentrating my efforts on the Android version.

Ohhh! I misunderstood. For some reason I was thinking the Android version was in CS. xD Here’s a tricky idea…what if you make ALL the versions of volume 2 into CS?

I would give my friend Xsmind (from XS Gamebooks) hard time making ChoiceScript into something that he could translate into Java :).

Anyway, my next app will be Hosted Games only (unless it is The Path of Light 3).

1 Like

The auxiliary program could also produce a simple *.html file but it would be without any stats functionality.

What would you think about having the priestess as the MC of part 3?

A link to the topic with the open beta tests of part 1 and 2.

1 Like

For iOs and Google Chrome users, The Path of Light 2 is available as an
IAP. You can now continue the hell of a romance and sort out the
unfinished business with your angelic arch enemy!

1 Like

Is it also available on the web copy?

Honestly, I have no idea. Is there such a functionality (IAP) on Google Chrome? @JimD?

By the way, big thanks to JimD, he helped me a lot code the IAP. I am really touched by the hospitality of this community.

There is currently a bug. When you die in the IAP chapter, some variables do not reset. In most cases, it works in favour of the reader since all the learned prayers remain but it can cause an error in the library scene.

I’ve submitted the files for an update.

1 Like

I was actually asking about the copy on the CoG website. :stuck_out_tongue: I assumed there would be but I I thought I’d ask since you didn’t mention it.

Oh, that copy does not include the IAP sequel. About Google Chrome, the description says that it now includes part 2, so I guess you get both for $ 1 if you buy from there.

1 Like

What could very well be the final update is currently live on iTunes. My Android app developer is still struggling with a weird technical issue, so it will take some time for part 2 to hit Google Play, unfortunately.

I feel that I’ve finished a journey that started with a 13-k-word short interactive story in Bulgarian and ended with a 97-k-word gamebook in English. I don’t think there will be a direct sequel, but I do believe that I will be back to the setting and at least some of the characters will be in again.

The main reason I don’t think there will be part 3 is that I would need to deal with one code for Hosted Games and a whole different set of actions to prepare for the Android app of XS Gamebooks. It is just too much of a double work. And, it should be an IAP, which means that fewer people will hear about it. Actually, I can’t complain about it. It was a big compromise on the part of management to agree to publish an app that is already on their 2nd biggest market and even provide links to it. Big thanks to Hosted Games and the wonderful and helpful community here.

Meanwhile, the story of a contemporary succubus is waiting to be written. I don’t think I have the capacity to deliver something as big and as good as some of the top authors here, but I still think I can provide a few pleasant moments with something cheesy written with love.

Oh, and happy holidays to everyone!

1 Like