The Night Hunters: First Blood [Updated 10/1/21]

Agreed. That’s one of the things I’m most curious about. The Field Marshal has a range of ways he could respond to this revelation. Even more if he was using the loss to fuel some of his motivation. He might not even believe it at first, either. But if he does, is he gonna be one of those helpless dads who goes to a toy store to buy a glove, and baseball to play catch with his long lost kid? Super unlikely, but that sort of awkward/corny “suddenly a dad” energy is something I actually like watching in shows. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m trying to pin down how this game looks like aesthetically. I know it’s a combination of Jurassic Park, Attack on Titan and Pacific Rim but the fact we ride on horses instead of just taking a car or train, and that our weapons consist mostly of blades and bows, makes me think we live in a somewhat old-fashioned world. If we drew a comparison to the real world, when would this game be set? Something like the Regency/Victorian era? Early 20th century? Medieval with a mix of modern? Post-apocalyptic?

8 Likes

I think this is adaptability human it takes resources to build Vehicles in my guests to make everything involving Vehicles the instructions and the manuals are lost like other things they were pretty much back to Stage 1 human evolution

I always got the feeling that the entire look of the setting was a mix of medieval with modern since that’s how AoT is set up and this game takes pretty heavy inspiration from it, especially the weapons, horses, the… whatever the monsters are and the clothing after the MC gets into the military. Probably a generation or two before the next major technological advancement but that’s just my guess.

3 Likes

What the others said is absolutely correct. Think about it. After the second war, Sienna has lost about 2/3 of it’s population and that’s just the military numbers, there were civilian deaths as well. Most of them belonging to the border towns. Overnight towns and bases were drenched in blood. After the wars, about 70% of Sienna’s focus and revenue is spent on maintaining the walls. 15% on the military and maybe a 5% on the rest of it. The people of Sienna do not have the time or the plans to evolve their technology because they are living a war. Their focus is more on defense than attack. So think of it as post apocalyptic after the 1st world war. Their world was attacked during that period so most of their tech is 1st world war based.

Correct. :smile:A lot of knowledge and data was lost after the walls were built up. The only things they have left from the old days is rifles, pistols, smoke guns, flare guns, chemical warfare that is more home based than external tech, modified cannons and artillery guns, Aeros which resemble the fighter jets of world war 2 but bigger and with little more space, they also happen to be hydraulic. Along with a few weapons and prototypes the Engineers have developed. Some more cool stuff which I won’t reveal cause spoilers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Very true. :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face: Its a lost civilization that’s isolated itself behind walls to protect itself. My monsters are built like dinosaurs and kaiju, if they were stank with icky tar like skin, cause I am a sucker for big bad lizard like demons.

8 Likes

I hear pacific rim, I think. Mex! Mex! Mex!

1 Like

You got to love Humanity will do anything to survive even if we lose our top of the food chain and we’re back to square one I have to say we are too ignorant to die out🤣

1 Like

Or too arrogant even if knocked down a few steps down the food chain
Lol jk, humans are too stubborn to just give up…

2 Likes

boldly flirting with Vern was chef’s kiss lmao!

1 Like

I don’t know if it was already brought to your attention, but in the newest chapters, when given the option to save the captain, we have to pass some stats check, so obviously I chose the stat that was the most raised, which in my case was stealth, after choosing the latter, I passed the stealth stat check with no problem, and saved the captain, but before I could claim victory, there was another bloc of text under the previous one, which was dedicated to speed stat check, and that wasn’t my character best stat, thus leading to the captain’s death, accordingly the game registered this outcome instead of the alive captain one.

Anywho, I would feel bad to just report a bug in my first comment on this thread, and I have been waiting for the occasion to tell you, how much I love the Dexer family, they remind me of Merida’s, especially the twins, and I would have loved to have more interactions with them.
tumblr_mcz8o27xhj1rn319fo1_500

I’ll also take this opportunity to bring something to your notice, now I should probably say that I haven’t reread the updated first chapters, so I don’t really know if this section changed or not, but when the mother come visit us in prison, I found it weird that she didn’t ask about what happened that lead us to this situation, that she didn’t want to hear it from her child point of view.

On another note, until now i have stayed far from romance, but in the last chapter I decided to spend time with our childhood friend Alistair ( in my case), and I would like to say that I was surprised in a good way to see so much flavour in the choices, each showing a different reaction from our dear character.

I can’t wait to meet the so feared father, and for the building suspense to finally hit the final note.
Wish you good luck :four_leaf_clover:.

3 Likes

Thank you for posting a new update! I’ve been following along since the beginning, and every time I finish an update I’ll throw on AoT afterwards to fill the loss, haha. Like usual, I can’t wait to see where this goes!

Your writing is wonderful. The lore and world building is amazing! Alistair will always be my first choice RO, but the others are so fun. A+++++!

6 Likes

Thanks for pointing it out, being the idiot that I am, I forgot to add a piece of goto code. But I fixed it now, so it should be fine. Let me know if you play any of the other routes and find an error like this.

That’s because the MC’s mother loves and trusts them. Truth be told, parents who truly love their kids are the most selfish creatures on this planet. They would go beyond the limits and expectations of sanity for their babies.

Even though AOT is one of the most morbid shows I have ever seen, it is a balm for the soul. :wink: People tend to watch comedies or romcoms with a popcorn or a tub of ice cream, when they go through rough breakups or just life’s problems in general. People like me, sit with a glass of water and AOT, cause eating anything makes you feel like an evil titan. :joy:

11 Likes

Ooh, So true…
I’d kick anyone’s ass for my little ones :smile_cat::smirk_cat::roll_eyes:

So there is something confusing me about the scene with Allen and Dorian after MC beats the Cat D. A character is introduced as “2nd Lt. Nizam Quereshi” but then this character seems to be referred to also as “Lt. Oka” and “Moua”. Are there actually two characters in there with the older men and I just completely missed it?

1 Like

No, that’s spoilers, wait for it :shushing_face: :wink:

7 Likes

Now don’t get me wrong, I suck at maths but I don’t think that’s right.

5 Likes

Awww…snap. I forgot to correct that. I’ll get to it. Thanks for pointing it out. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

This WIP is a magnet! Especially to those people who love AOT. The writing is hilariously good. Keep up the good work.

10 Likes

This game is so good! The writing is incredible, loving the characters as well.

2 Likes

I got you this question how strong was our enemy we fought when part of the wall got destroyed scale to 1 to 10 I feel like it was a 3 cuz they were pretty animals that didn’t know any better but had the intelligence of a predator

1 Like