The Nascent Necromancer (WIP)

The story fell in love with the story because of a lot of dark s*** involving it I’m just glad it came back it’s telling about human greed at its finest and I can’t wait to come back I think when I made me very enjoyable out it was it’s not ashamed to get dark

8 Likes

I could get out of killing my RO by raising enough affection with someone I didn’t really like and sacrificing them instead. You can kill a friend on the place of your lover.
But after that my relationship with everyone fell to 0% and honestly imo the game will only be worth to play through if in the future we have the option to mend relationships.

7 Likes

I really like your game, tho it’s a shame that I have to kill tanno but oh well, lol I’m Sasuke Uchiha in this story not hesitating to sacrifice other people in my quest for power and revenge

2 Likes

Does the game still have that scene?

1 Like

The more I look at the code the more I realize that your choices absolutely do not matter in the slightest. Not a single one of them. They may appear to matter in the short term, but they do nothing in the grand scheme of things. The ending is always exactly the same, and half of the results of your choices become completely wiped out.

29 Likes

Just found these grammar mistakes

Totally agree, I just quit when I had to kill my RO. I was really invested until that point, great writing, great characters but just wasn’t for me after that.

8 Likes

I didn’t even kill my RO because I actually had someone else higher, but still, they all die anyway even before you make the sacrifice and there’s nothing you can do to prevent it.

2 Likes

Lol, all the choices in this game are fake. Even the ones with a stat requirement on them. There is no failure, there is no branching. Wow. It all runs on the same path.

22 Likes

There’s a lot here to enjoy if the story wasn’t so committed to being…unpleasant.

It’s such tonal whiplash to have interesting characters and a whole found family dynamic only to have the story tell you that none of this matters because they’ll all hate you by the end and oh wait here’s your regularly scheduled “you thought you could win but the bad guys are infinitely stronger and you will always lose also here’s a couple dozen fucks thrown in so you know this ain’t your mommas fantasy.”

I understand the edginess and the grimness is the point but when nihilism and impotent anger is all the book seems to want to offer to me I have to wonder why I should invest myself in it.

30 Likes

it just seems unnatural on how quick it can go and lmao how you can romance everyone at the exact same time without anyone really caring. Like MC can literally makeout with the entire group and no one even mentions it. Basically the romances don’t feel rewarding at all to play imo

Overall the plot and idea is good it just needs some touch up in pacing I think

12 Likes

It did kinda feel like that was possible. Never tried it because I’m literally only interested in Meylor. I think the more pressing problem, though, is that your relationships are all completely irrelevant because they all die.

8 Likes

This was the exact same sort of issue that reared its head in MMM. I don’t know if he’s going to actually be attentive to feedback or not, given that he’s not allowed on the forums until later this year.

And the unpleasantness factor really is just… not great. What does it add to the story to have a goblin piss on me, other than pure shock value? That sort of thing only works will by itself or in short bursts, but there’s an atmosphere here.

17 Likes

The game made me invested in the characters only to force you to murder them in cold blood to become an edgy isekai protagonist.
I just don’t like the fact that you gave me about 11 chapters out of 15 of character development just for you to thanos snap them just like that. Goddamn, I’m so dissapointed.

The writing is great but this isn’t for me.

28 Likes

my choice is almost irrelevant, just a straightforward narrative.Unfortunately, I won’t be here much longer.

2 Likes

It’s so weird because I’ll start enjoying the story, the characters, the banter only for it to seemingly consciously choose the less satisfying path.

It almost feels like some kind of writing challenge, to put in the work to set up interesting relationships and plot only to slam it into a wall at the last second and see if that still makes a story.

9 Likes

Think I got to the chapter where the sacrifice actually happens and I had stop.

A few things stood out to me during my play through, the whole love profession from

the brother was completely out of left field. Admittedly I did like him a lot more than some of the other ROs but I can see how people can be turned off by that. Especially since in my playthrough he kisses my MC.
The whole having to sacrifice someone you loved didn’t make sense to me, especially with what the MCs “brother” tells them before he dies. Unless his sacrifice didn’t have the same terms.

Overall I liked the story up till the point were you are forced to sacrifice The person you are romancing the amount of deception and manipulation is hefty if that is the type of character you want to play as, even had that same vibe if someone decides to play a diplomatic/kind character.

None of my choices really felt like they mattered in changing the MCs personality, more along the lines of “how will MC deceive their friends”. I’m not sure if that was the intention or not, but figured I’d bring this up.

15 Likes

I’ve already read this on Tales though… is this gonna be any different?

1 Like

I definitely agree, though it’s interesting that you caught that without actually going past the sacrifice scene, because it gets a hell of a lot more blatant after that.

1 Like

I will end up attempting to re read the story again since I am a fan of their previous works, but from what others have mentioned, it won’t be easy due to the sheer amount of manipulation.

Yeah, it is pretty subtle in the beginning.

1 Like