The Magician's Task (WIP) [Chapters 1-3, 74k words] (CLOSED FOR NEW THREAD)

Thanks! Yeah, the current demo is super short because I was so excited to get this WIP out, but in the future all the major updates (like adding chapters) will be add about 15k to the word count. I’m a couple days from being done with chapter one, for example, which will be ~ 15k.

3 Likes

So were your other stories good, @Samuel_H_Young?

They’re decent, but not as good as this one will be! I rushed to get them out so they were fairly short, too.

3 Likes

Is there a link I can use?

@violethikari
Here’s a link to Trial of the Demon Hunter: https://www.choiceofgames.com/user-contributed/trial-of-the-demon-hunter/

1 Like

Trial of the Demon Hunter is pretty good so far, but I only played the part that’s free…

You should buy it, and support your friendly neighborhood interactive fiction artist.

2 Likes

You know, telling people what to do might make them do the exact opposite. Example, I was planning on purchasing it tomorrow after I get paid, but thanks to you trying to guilt me into buying it, well let’s just say now I’m on the fence.

Fences have the tendency to not be a very comfortable seat.

And I liked demon Hunter. It had a sparkle of the sarcastic wit you find in this new demo. I can’t wait to read more of what he makes, I find it very humourous and action filled. What more could you ask.

5 Likes

I started writing TotDH in 2012 (when I was 17), then CoF in 2014, FoN in 2015, and now TMT in 2017, so (at least in my opinion) by now my writing has become much more refined and I’ve gained enough experience through my previous works to hopefully make better plots, characters, etc.

I’ve got over 12k so far on chapter one, so it should be just a few more days til I post it on the demo.

5 Likes

You should not buy it, it’s your money after all, don’t let people try to guilt you into things :blush:

5 Likes

Ok, that’s kind of cute how you are trying to use reverse psychology on me. Guess what? It worked! You and @JustAReader convinced me to get it. Thank you, both of you, for taking the pressure off :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m cute? Thank you :blush:[quote=“VioletHikari, post:47, topic:27215”]
reverse psychology on me.
[/quote]

Hmmm… You should not send your life savings to @Dark_Stalker

2 Likes

You people are goofballs. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Lol, nice try, but I only have Ten dollars to my name (after paying off all of this month’s rent and bills) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Hmmm… need to rework the jedi mind tricks…

You shouldn’t give @Dark_Stalker the $10… and any valuable possessions

I don’t know, asking people for their life savings sounds pretty ordinary to me…

Now that I had some fun on this thread, I feel obligated to read the game… darn you.

2 Likes

Or course. There shouldn’t be any pressure to buy anything. Just the enjoyability when you do.

plus your supporting your friendly neighborhood writer. Which is always cool. I like helping out writers.

Your Jedi mind trick won’t work on me! :smiling_imp:. Besides, the only thing I have that is valuable is my Little Opal!

3 Likes

*peeks through the door

Fear not jedi dungeon master has come with an army of super cute kittens (really?)
No one can say no to them

meanwhile a kitten goes to violethikari

Can I have $10

Alright, everyone. As amusing as this is, I don’t want the thread to get derailed.

2 Likes