Hey, there everyone. I am Samuel, the author of the HGs Trial of the Demon Hunter, Captive of Fortune, and Foundation of Nightmares, here with another WIP called The Magician’s Task. And this one will ACTUALLY be GOOD. :0 :0 :0 What?!?!
This one is going to be an epic, medieval high fantasy set in the world of Lume, which is the same world that my previous three HGs are set in. You are a magician living in a small village outside of the Kingdom of Githrad. At first, you are just living a fairly normal life. You have to go to work, deal with bullies, and pay the rent at your parent’s house.
You can choose between being a guard, a scribe, a farmer, a thief, or a clerk at your parent’s general store. You get to have fun, too, like playing in chess tournaments, sparring, reading at the library, exploring necromancer’s caves, and exploring the woods.
Then, a horde of demons attack your village and everything changes. You will be trained by the powerful and quirky wizard, Melithar the Eccentric, and journey to the kingdom of Githrad with a healer, archer, swordswomen, and a thief who is also a demon huntress, in order to become the kingdom’s general and help them fight against a much, much larger threat: an entire army of demons!
Oh, yeah. You’re also “hijacked” (NOT possessed, damnit!) by a demon named Zaleth.
Here are the current features:
- a very small demo (3k words) to get you hyped while I write the rest of the first chapter, and the rest of the yuuuge book, and so on.
- vaguely humorous narrative and dialogue by an introverted guy who is on the autism spectrum and has never written or done anything funny in his life
Here is what there WILL be when the book is finished
- 500k words of content.
- be someone who is “hijacked” (NOT possessed, damnit!) by a demon named Zaleth.
- 8 different romance options: 4 male, 4 female
- choose your gender: male, female, or non-binary
- choose your sexuality: straight, bi, gay, or asexual
- tons of cool achievements
- a crazy amount of replay ability. Even on the very first choice. Try it!
- lots of (hopefully) three dimensional characters including your family, a wizard, a healer, an archer, a bully and his cronies, a king, a servant, an adviser, a knight, multiple demons, a grumpy farmer, a VICE-captain of the guard, a thief who is also a demon huntress, a werewolf, a fairy, a witch, and many more!
- lots and lots of stats, detailing your skills, knowledge, attributes, relationships, and inventory
- three different kinds of magic for you to choose from: stealth, light, or dark
- probably more stuff that I’m forgetting
- even more vaguely humorous narrative and dialogue by an introverted guy who is on the autism spectrum and has never written or done anything funny in his life
- I wrote this in one hour while listening to American Dreams by Papa Roach on repeat
ALL sorts of feedback is appreciated. Typo catching, bug catching, suggestions, comments, flattery, stroking my very tiny ego…
Also, I’ve included a poll for your favorite major characters, because I’m curious. As the demo gets larger and larger, I’ll add more characters to the poll when they’re introduced.
- Killian the bully
- Petre the bully
- Verim the bully
- Zaleth the demon
- Keano the archer
- Rigel the healer
- Mabelin the vice-captain
- Violet the demon huntress