The Lost Heir Trilogy

I did get the gem on my first try, it wasn’t really that hard, though maybe that was because my Prince of Daria was a ruthless pragmatist.

Steam only allows a company to put on so many titles at a time as they slowly prove themselves. CoG decided to put their own titles up, to start with. They appear to be doing well, but they haven’t built enough credit to put up the Hosted titles. Hopefully they will, some day.

Steam won’t take them. Yet. The “slowly prove themselves” that Lucid mentioned applies to the whole genre of text adventures, not just to CoG as a company. Steam isn’t in a hurry to get lots of interactive fiction on their site, though hopefully as the money rolls in that will change.

1 Like

How can you raise your charm?
And unlock any of the achievements?

I don’t write walkthroughs for my own games, sorry. :slight_smile: But, getting a lute at the beginning helps charm, as well as being a bard. There are many others. Any time you can talk or persuade.

The achievements are all reachable. Someone may jump into this thread and give tips.

On a side note, Lost Heir 2: Building a Kingdom is coming along nicely. I’m around the 78k mark right now, but I don’t know if that has much meaning since I will simply keep writing until it’s done. :slight_smile:

Also, my talented graphic designer is working on the cover art for parts 2 and 3 at the same time. He’s taking his time, since I likely won’t need the next one until the fall.

As always, be sure to Like my page and follow me for more updates: www.facebook.com/LucidsGames

3 Likes

I just bought and played both Life of a wizard and The Lost Heir: Fall of Daria this same week and I have to say I’m really happy to see it has been well-spent money. I still will take some days to try every option, even if just for the sake of trying everything out at least once, but I wanted to give my own appreciations for your work, @Lucid.

That said, in regards to The Lost Heir, considering the estimated length -three volumes-, I hope we see meaningful changes in terms of narrative divergences towards the ending of this tale. Other choice games like Fatehaven which focus on plot are great, but they understandably tend to railroad you through the story by sacrificing some depth of choices, just like @Havenstone said here, so I hope that the length of TLH means we’ll see real change on it.

I also wanted to point out what I believe is an oversight in TLH, though not really a bug. In the evil temple, where you can get the Cloak, if you are an evil priest/ess you can invoke your evil deity’s help to control the esqueletons. Jess/Jace approves of such action, if I remember right, but you don’t net disapproval from Petra/Peter if you do (don’t know about the farmer’s child). Shouldn’t there be a loss of relationship since s/he follows the Good gods?

Nonetheless, very good work!

Thanks for you kind words @Somniari I like the dream motif of your name. :slight_smile: You may notice a few dream references made in my games and in my own name. :smile:

I’ll put the bug on my bug-list. It’s gotten lengthy, but perhaps I’ll someday have the time to fix them.

It’s a real balancing act: plot vs choice. :slight_smile: I try to give both, as well as I can. I try to include lots of cool side-stories and extras, but for the sake of making a good story, I have to return to key points and remerge the story. I hope that the decisions and reasons that put you back into these combined spots have enough impact so that when the same choice emerges from multiple play-throughs, the player experiences the choice differently, depending upon their perspective on how they got there.

Needless to say, you can make the most impactful choices near the end of the game, since the consequences don’t have to be played out. Writing a trilogy is a real challenge, since every choice has to carry through all of the future story. :smile: I have plans to make some very large divergences and to make the choices you’ve already made continue to have large effects. I guess we’ll see how it all snaps together. :slight_smile:

I am having trouble building up a blades/magic character, with agility and charms mixed in too, I always lose to the boss at the end, anyone got any tips? ( I also agree with the statement that magic is the best, it solves everything)

I’m glad Asexuality is finally given some recognition. From the title of the second installment it does sound like the MC will be reestablishing their realm or at least a part of it - though theoretically if the MC does somehow succeed in doing this I wonder if the orientation will have any long term impact (being the last and rightful heir, it seems only logical at some point to consider having off-spring for the sake of securing the MC’s bloodline, especially if a non-hetrosexual orientation would complicate this - though this is all just speculation n my part and the game might go a different direction all together). I do hope that at some point we get to learn more about the culture and history of the Kingdom of Daria, it would be amazing to learn about the lives of the MC’s royal ancestors, the previous rulers of Daria.

There will be a continuation of the love interests from the first part as well as a new character to be wooed. Yes, the subject of having an heir of your own will be brought up. Daria is a very inclusive kingdom, as you know, so respect and opportunity will be given to all choices.

On a side note, the artwork for Lost Heir 2: Building a Kingdom has been posted to my facebook page! Check it out, and if you haven’t already, “Like” the page: www.facebook.com/LucidsGames

3 Likes

Oh… That makes a lot of sense. I’ve been trying so hard to get Peter in all my walkthroughs but apparently, I always end up having him hate me for some weird reason. I ended up with Theo in my first run and I was just okay with it. Peter turned me down :< Oh well… At least now I know I have to be like legit good T^T

(The realism in the stats is amazing. Ugh. Like, I cry.)

After some work I finally manage to get it on with Jace! :blush: As other characters seem to practically throw themselves on me, I really appreciate that there’s someone you have to actually pursue. Of course this is much about the choices I’ve made so far, but at least I wasn’t sure if Jace was even on the menu at first. Nice detail anyway! I just wonder how hard it is to keep him alive in the future, considering the nature of his magic. :pensive:

As a pansexual I too enjoy the fact that many Choice of Games give room for non-heterosexual orientations and some even have the “other” option for gender. As someone already mentioned, asexuals should of course me taken to account too, but of course in some games romance (including sexuality) is an essential part of the storyline.

I really hope that you are allowed to continue with the same stats in the future, and saving options would really come in handy!

Keep it up Mike, you are doing a splendid job! :+1:

2 Likes

Is there a way to get through this game without getting your teeth kicked in towards the end of the game? I was essentially a master wizard by the time I reached the end but got annihilated when I got there. I’ve tried many times to find that perfect run where you get the best outcome but each time it’s ended in tragedy.

i did an unarmed skill run that worked pretty good for me,i think i still took a little damage at the end though

@Razgriz same here I just ended up taking the one I don’t like with me as it seems to kill the one who your reputation is worse with

its been a long time since i did a magic build but the unarmed one was able to get through that segment only losing the mentor and not the companion so i would imagine it would be possible to do it with a magic build as well,(might need to buy the magic shield though)

Nope you can do it if you have the cape , you also have to shoot the main villain with magic well he’s giving his speech ( /not at the banquet). This well cause his body guard (AKA the boss) to jump and take the hit leaving him with 75/100 health. Another thing is when you use the cape during the boss fight use the webbing to kill the guards first. Then it just a matter of spamming magic. And congratulation you got yourself a new Magic belt. Oh and save your companions…

does the mentor always die?.. or can you save them too?..

Not as far as I know however :sob: I feel there pain.

On a side note, am actually surprised the your court wizard is not a mentor. ( He also die’s :sob:)

Spoiler: Yes, your foster parent always dies. :frowning: It’s one of those restrictions needed to keep a good plot. And yes, you always lose to Zusak and leave defeated. It’s necessary so there can be a part 2.

Although, there are some small wins possible in the end game. As mentioned, you can get Thuja’s magic belt and save both friends.

Harmond, your tutor, was almost a possible foster parent, but I felt that having two men and two women with no wizards would be a little different. :smile: I hope to continue making that choice have repercussions in the sequels.

Part 2 is going very well. I passed the 100k mark, although that doesn’t mean much. I feel that I am somewhere around the halfway to two-third mark… but, it’ll be done when it’s done. :slight_smile:

2 Likes