The Illusion of VR (WIP)

2 Likes

This art is coutesy of https://www.quotev.com/RosieRG (She doesnā€™t have an account on here.)

Well, I was expecting a holographic, untouchable AI-body. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

His female form is pretty much the same, except the hair is more like this

and she has a more feminine body. And her female name is Nexi.

Question:

Can I troll others in VR, mate?

3 Likes

New official art for one of the romanceable characters!

1 Like

This looks interesting! Iā€™ll be waiting for the demo :wink: The premise definitely reminded me of Westworld, The Matrix, and a lot of isekai anime.

Itā€™s cool that the people from the VR have a chance to leave and own their own ā€œworldā€ though. Does our MC already have their own ā€œworldā€? And since itā€™s kind of related, around what age range is the MC? And how does time exactly work in the VR world? Does it work like the real world (meaning in real-time and with timezones and all) or does it ā€œpauseā€ right when you left it and you pick things up from there when you come back?

Anyway, Iā€™m looking forward to testing this out!! The world seems very interesting and Iā€™m curious on what the main conflict will be.

2 Likes

So hereā€™s an update.
My co-writer has not been responding.
I havenā€™t heard from my artist since after she drew Sophie.
They were the only people on the whole development team other than me for this project.
Iā€™m thinking on giving up on this.

1 Like

oh man that sucks. I canā€™t help with writing but I do draw and would be willing to help with some references/concepts? This is a really good story idea and I hope either your co-writer returns or someone else can help fill the void. Best of luck!

1 Like

Thanks. Itā€™s just disheartening when you see games on here with big development teams that get lots of credit and success, and youā€™re just a 15 year old working with two other people on an idea youā€™re not even sure is really that creative. Right now the team consists of:
Me; the main writer/programmer
My friend Madison; the co-writer
My other friend Rosie; the main artist

Thatā€™s about it. .

Iā€™m so sorry. I know how it feels when a project seems to crash and burn.

I would advise against giving up, though. If I may paraphrase every cheesy motivational speech everā€“if you donā€™t go through with this, you might end up constantly wondering how it might have turned out. I know I regret every day that I donā€™t put a little more into my own WIP.

Besides, every good game is a variation on some existing story: dragon stories, vampire stories, Lovecraftian horror, Westerns. So donā€™t worry about the creativity of your idea, unless your main character is a trenchcoat-wearing fool named Neo.

And there are plenty of people on these forums who might be willing to pitch in, if you ask around. Iā€™d be honored to beta test/proofread, if that helps any.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.