The Hero of Kendrickstone: Rescue a city held hostage by an evil wizard!

@Cataphrak

By being Isan’s apprentice and always selecting the option to study the books in his library.

I took a picture of it:

Also, it’s possible to get 6 on “Lore: The Empire of Korilandis”.

1. If I select the option “Yes.” on this choice:

Why do I get an “order” increase?

@NJG
1: I’ve added a work-around for it now. I’ll probably set up a more permanent solution later.
2: You gain order because you’re accepting a job from an authority figure (and illegal activities aside, William of Hallowford is an authority) without question: “order” =/= law, in this case.

@Cataphrak

1. Is there a way to fail Isan’s rock mission? I tried to intentionally fail to see what’ll happen, and I can’t find a way.

2. I think I found a bug, when I selected Isan’s plan, then I left Milius’ mind in the stones, the MC says,

“He’s not dead. Though death would probably be a mercy for him now.”

But in the Epilogue, why does it say

“No more than a week after the death of Milius Black-Clad”?

1. Is Sir Callum a noble?

2. Does Dame Mildred realize that disobeying orders (attempting to rescue Sir Edmund) is a violation of the knight code?

3. Is Korilandis famous for production of high-quality swords?

@NJG
1: Failure is subjective: some might say refusing to help people in need on the road is the true test of that chapter. As for Isan’s actual assignment, you can’t fail that for plot reasons.
2: You trapped his mind in a decaying magickal vortex. As far as everyone except you, he, and possibly Isan is concerned, he’s dead.
3: He is. At one point I think I mention that almost all knights are.
4: She does, and doing so is wholly within her beliefs that when it comes down to it, doing the right thing can be more important than blind obedience to a liege lord’s orders.
5: Not really, and I’m rather puzzled as to why you might ask.

@Cataphrak

1. Regarding my question about swords, if you started as Sir Callum’s squire, it was mentioned that your sword is made of good Korilandime steel. Then, in Kendrickstone, I noticed the description for the swords on sale are low-quality, rust-spotted and designed for servants, etc. It got me thinking that Korilandis has high-quality swords.

2. Wait, if Sir Callum is a noble, when I got went to the feast after killing the razorclaw, I saw this:

“So this is how a noble- a true noble, not the broken-down knight who ruled Forester’s Holow- lives”.

That bolded text implies that Sir Callum isn’t a noble. It got me confused.

@NJG
1: Korilandis has good steel, and it has good smiths, but not particularly better than any in certain parts of the Concordat. They’re about as famous as say, Klingenthal is to us: they have a good reputation, but they aren’t famous.
2: Sir Callum is a noble, but text implies that your MC is thinking more nobility of spirit than of blood.

@Cataphrak

Thanks for answering my questions, that’s all for now. I’ll tell you if I find any bugs, typos, etc. Good day.

@Cataphrak

I found a typo:

“When I first accepted Alexander into my retinue, it was as a mere servant, with the promise of squiring should him prove heself. He has done far more than that—enough, I think, for me to suggest that we forgo squiring and make him a Knight of Kendrickstone.”

I think it should be “he” and “himself”. The location of this is of the MC chooses to get a job in the city and becomes and knight.

@NJG
Got that fixed.

Why is everyone so scared of the book of madness?

@faewkless, do you mean the Book of Mad Whispers?

If you do, it has its own mind and its capable of speaking to the owner. It drives its owners insane. That’s why it’s locked in a vault for a century or so.

It terrifies me. shudder

1 Like

That just made me want to keep it more.
Talking to a book thats driven its previous users insane is cool.
Thays why I decided to keep it.

2 Likes

good luck surviving the next volume.

muahahahaha

1 Like

@jasonstevanhill, indeed. I guess I’ll need to select the right choices, eh?

@faewkless, you actually decided to keep it?

Yes.
Why would I not.
It was a choice between money and fame and houses and such.
So I picked the evil book of insanity whispers.
Seemed like a good idea.
In games I always take the magic artifacts.

2 Likes

I kept the Book of Mad Whispers as well. It’s totally safe.

What’s that, my precious book? Kill them all, you say? As you command, my master.

Totally safe.

8 Likes

@faewkless fair enough.

@Sneaks, the spoilery part is the dangerous part. It can get you in trouble. Who knows, the Knights and an angry mob will probably run you out of Kendrickstone and you’ll get your revenge. And the Book of Mad Whispers will help you.

That’s why it’s very dangerous.

Anyway, I chose the manse.

@NJG

I chose the official position. It has money, a house and you have a say in the things that happen in the city. It is the most lucrative of all the choices.

@JJCB, while I must agree that getting an official position is very beneficial, I must also point out that it isn’t permanent, and Duke Leofric II stated that a manse will “be awarded to you and your heirs in perpetuity”.

Plus, it was also stated that there is influence associated with such a house.

Also, what punishment did you choose regarding the bandits? Personally I spared Fulk, then I said “Hang them all”.

@NJG

I can accept that but considering the numerous adventures we’re supposed to have next, I’m quite sure that I can get a house in the next volumes. Besides, considering the amount of money I’ll make from that position I’m fairly sure that in some time I’ll have enough money to buy -or build- a house.

Who’s Fulk? I chose to make them work for the next ten years.

Also, what’s your favorite class? I always choose to be a full mage (Starting with 5 Willpower) or a magic bard (ending with 6 willpower and 4 “Story telling” [forgot the name for the ard-like abilities]).

1 Like