The Great Tournament Sequel

Another question. I load a save from the first game where i asked the hand of hannah. In this game im the prince. Have a kid and my lovely wife. But i finished the game without understanding where the story was. 2 event with battle. A new character (semia) interesting. A good relation with hannah but nothing more. How make good investing in economy and merchant if you have only 2 tic income ? I invested 1k5 and gain 800 on normal taxes.
Did i missed the kid story? To me he was useless i spared with him once and that is all there isnt an epilogue that say what he become.

I became the king at the very end but i ended with a feeling of a plain adventure i didnā€™t even struggle to become it Hannah give me the title. If not nothingā€¦ the begening is very detailed with micromanagement on a fake tournament and the next is steam rolling in war without the need of militia.

I didnā€™t understood. Did i miss something ? Did my loaded story the least interesting/challenging?
Is there a story?

1 Like

I believe most including me would agree with that. I found it a lot better when either you play the child or didnā€™t marry Hannah.

1 Like

This is the interesting part. Jerieth said he was thinking about players would choose to marry Hannah at the end of the GT1 and then he said when he realised that the fact of not choosing to marry, he decided to add another stories to the game. (Being MCā€™s child, Lord of Redwood)
I am wondering what would be the second game if there was no other stories but just Prince Of Magincia. This game is the second game? Prince of Magincia is good for being happy but there was nothing in this story. Lord of Redwood is the main story of this game.

And I donā€™t even know why.

2 Likes

So what do i have to play in the first game? What goon asking?
How to play the MC child?

You donā€™t need to play the first game again if you donā€™t want to. You can choose your backstory at the very begginning of GT2 . As for the kid, lose the tournament.

2 Likes

There is actually a lotā€¦ for start, it help the MC to experience a royal marriage life and how to educate his own child , most importantly it also rekindle the old memory of courting till marrying Hannah, the scene of memory where we used to climb to the princessā€™s room was well documented ā€¦ as well as the scene when Hannah asked us about how we met in the final test of the ā€œre-createdā€ tournament ā€¦

at the same time, i always feel the warmth of accompanying Hannah for her courtly duty, it gives me the actual feel of ruling beside her and admiring her wise ruling of the kingdomā€¦ the 2 military expedition were well written as well, i end up helping Federick the rebel overthrown Lady Antonia and the conquest of Galmencia barbarian tribes was a great experience as well the scene where the Barbarians almost kidnap Hannah really gave me a scare, i ultimately attached to the story involvedā€¦ basically it is a very good conclusion for the legacy of a happy marriage life with Hannah ā€¦ which is why i always feel reluctant to play other routes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok. But what goon choose? Be heir. Be king or getting land and title?

Best CoG iā€™ve played so far, after Tally Ho. Clearly, the author put everything to this game. He even also added two extra story (Valra warrior and Magician route )Make me wonder if this really 300,000 words count game.
The story is non-linear, you can replays the story. Each time you restart the game you may start on different scenario than previous ones. If you are thrilled with curious and excitement to discover new experience then you will like it.
Unfortunately, we canā€™t play as King in beginning or reform the monarch into republic which quite hard side for me but maybe this make sense after all, when to think again it rather a stupid a single wish of Tournament champion could singlehandledly change the kingdom entirely. the author probably realized how silly this so him omitted the ending and changed into progress to realize rather actual realization after ending of first game.
Another things that disappointing me is the lack of Ben and Fire Mage, i have played the three scenario of Magincian kingdom but never found any Fire Mage, even it hardly mentioned.

2 Likes

Thanks for information, i thought it was only Semia the hidden girl for single route.

1 Like

Btw is there any possible route to accompany Hannah travel to Valra instead left behind on Kingdom?

I donā€™t think soā€¦ if we saywe want to accompany her , she will still tell us to stay back to take care of the Kingdom while she is gone, i suspect it is a story plot that let us be alone with Semiaā€¦ to give us a choice whether we want to cheat on Hannah :slight_smile:

No boon. You need to lose the tournament to play the kid.

There are fire mages in Lord of Redwood scenario. You must diplomacy with Tribes while Balra defence.

Hey Frogs! Can you give me a hint how I get to the revenge story? I canā€™t play as the child. If I select ā€œlost the tournamentā€ I always end up in a story where Malik is King, I am lord of Redwood and I either die when I go into battle for him or I execute eadic and then the game ends with me regretting it and stumbling ā€œat least I am aliveā€. Iā€™d love to find a different ending while stile not having won the tournament. Revenge story sounds awesome!

Dont execute Eadic to get revenge story.

just like @No_This_Is_Patrick mention, donā€™t execute Eadic because he is the one who will lead your child to Anne and Arloā€¦

as for winning the battle, i manage to survive with minimum troops, because i donā€™t even listen to Malik 's order to maximise my conscript , but i do make sure i have leadership skill of at least 2 because i will order my troops to retreat from a losing battle

1 Like

Hey man! Are you the author of these games? HOLY SHIT dude, you have my utmost respect. I loved the great tournament, swamp castle, and now the sequel. After my first playthrough (Hanna as wife) I was very surprised how short the game is even though I paid for it. But only later I realized how many different playthroughs it offers. I think some people that react or rate badly never realized how much more content there is. Anyway, my question, Iā€™ve been trying so to find a way to a satisfying ending when playing with not having won the tournament. But everytime I end up either dying in battle for malik or executing eadic and stumbling to myself ā€œat least I am aliveā€ā€¦ I canā€™t reach a different way. Any hints? Someone replied that thereā€™s a way to play a revenge story as a child - that would be awesome. How do I get there? Thank you so much for these games!

1 Like

Win the battle for Malik when he tells you to execute Eadic donā€™t do it.

By the way there is a bug in Balra Village.

We cannot start diplomacy with Prince.

Barbarians let me get inside of Village, Prince asks me if I was serious about talk with barbarians, I say we should talk about this then an option comes:
Start diplomacy!

I click it then it starts again from beginning of the Defense of Balra. So there is no option of diplomacy. We always fight.

Sorry but I am done with this game. There is no option to be king. I have done everything people told me to do.

Still no option to be the king.

I am done.