New Hosted Game! "The Great Tournament 2" by Philip Kempton

Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!

In this sequel to The Great Tournament, continue your quest to defend the kingdom of Magincia. Play as a Knight, Lord, or Prince in this medieval fantasy where every choice you make affects the story. Lead armies in battle against powerful foes or use diplomacy to resolve conflicts. It’s 25% off until February 16th!

The Great Tournament 2 is a 300,000 word interactive low fantasy novel by Philip Kempton, where your choices control the story. It’s entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

• Character generation and random events ensures no one game is the same.
• Play as a devoted knight, honorable lord, or ruthless tyrant.
• Multiple storylines with over a dozen different endings.
• Use diplomacy or war to resolve global conflicts.
• Raise and train an army to defend the kingdom.
• Conqueror territories and expand your kingdom.
• Manage village and kingdom finances.
• Fight waves of barbarian armies in Survival Mode.

Philip Kempton developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.

20 Likes

rushes to be the first to play

7 Likes

Too late it was on about a hour ago :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hail Kempton
Hail Kempton

3 Likes

7 Likes

I think I found a continuity error @Jerieth I chose to become the heir to the throne and when we were voting they acted surprised that I voted for myself. like I wasn’t the heir.

anyone living in indonesia and experienced the same problem as mine…? or perhaps the regulation has changed regarding purchases…?. I used the same method for another CoG games i bought and it was fine…

EDIT: never mine, it already fixed.

I’m just having a weird pay failure checked I had money just fails to buy it…is sad.

Edit: and i checked on steam to just buy it there and its not out till feb 22 ??? i’m now confused and sad.

Something odd happened: it disappeared from the play store.
It had been in earlier, but now its gone.

All these male genderlocked games… I can understand why they would be written this way, but still I just can’t help but wish for a female genderlocked game to finally get released.

12 Likes

I’ll be releasing a female genderlocked story this year, though admittedly you play as a cow. xD

9 Likes

I know the feeling.

As for the game, I actually gave the first one a try and didn’t care for it, so I saved myself the cost of buying this one, especially after I tried the demo for the sequel and it didn’t show any improvement. In this case, gender locking certainly didn’t help it…if anything made it worse.

5 Likes

Tbh this isn’t much help about my current annoyance, bc I’m waiting for a female genderlocked game where you play as a human. (I was just never into the idea of playing as an animal, that was my problem with Choice of Cat too. Sorry)

3 Likes

Better use the link in the first post to have it appear. I don’t know why it is not showing when I did a search in the Playstore.

Nope I can’t see it either. I get a not found link. Kind of concerning. Why is google pulling all the hosted games off the store recently :confused:

1 Like

This doesn’t bode well. Has it something to do with the latest ToS updates for GPS?

I was able to grab it off google through the C.O.G link but when i directly search for it it wont appear on the play store. A bloody good game sadly.

I was manage to purchase The Great Tournament 2 about 3 hours ago, no problem at all via Google Play store…

I was so happy and surprise that for a Master piece with 300,000 words, it costs so little …wow… thank you HG/CoG for giving 33% discount… for a mere price of around $2.50, we got to read a 300,000 words interactive novel of such epic scale is just sooooo amazing :smile: :grin:

Great to read playstore users are condemning those who complain Great Tournament 2 isn’t free , so far the ratings are rocketing high, i will add mine shortly after :smile:

@MeltingPenguins @Jacic @resuri08
I manage to found it via search …and many readers had already pouring in their comments …

On a separate note…

well…i had decided to start all over from Great Tournament , to grab the feel of the journey once again… Both Abilene and Nadine had been such a loyal female companion helping out my main character to win the tournament although i didn’t chose them as Romance Option… what a true friends they were…

and Vary, wow… standing by my side since the beginning … i hope he will accept Lordship once i becomes king :smile:

Alright… getting all excited to finally rule over Magincia after this, i can’t wait for that war with the enemy queen … curiously wondering if our MC stay single , will the MC be able to have a political marriage with the queen instead ? :thinking:

4 Likes

Its not in the european store (anymore) at least, neither via link nor search

It’s back on, or at least I have no trouble finding it in the EU store - both via link and via normal searching.

1 Like