The Great Daria Map Making Contest
Win $40 and the opportunity to name a character!
In anticipation of the Legacy Update to the Lost Heir Trilogy, I would like to invite you all to join a Map Making Contest.
The contest concludes on May 31, 2018, 6pm EST. The map should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Map Making Contest Entry”. Be sure to include the statement below and your name, so that I can congratulate the winner and include their name as a credit when I display the map. I will reply with confirmation that I received the file.
- The map should not contain any materials which have a copyright.
- Entries to include the statement “I grant Mike Walter the unlimited, non-exclusive rights to this image. I understand that I will not be compensated for my image.” This means that I may put the winning map into the Lost Heir games.
- You may submit multiple entries.
- You may use any software, as long the software doesn’t restrict the rights to the image.
- The map should be a .PNG using a resolution of 1440x1200 that is still clearly legible without difficulty when reduced to 660x550.
- The winner will be declared by Mike Walter and a $40 USD prize will be sent via Pay Pal to the winner. Additionally, the winner will be given the option to name a character who will make a very brief cameo appearance in Lost Heir 1 as part of the Legacy Update.
- The character name must fit the theme of the story and be approved by Mike Walter.
My Terrible Map (I’ll bet you can do better!): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TNW6CacG0ne4H3Qtdavcp3bX9k2tVTZQ/view?usp=sharing
Details that must be included are as follows. Other rivers, exact placement of individual mountains, the exact curve of the coastlines and other such features are up for interpretation:
- Tornassa is the biggest city. Several two- and three- story buildings. The main keep (small castle) and cathedral is here too.
- Brightwater is the second biggest and has many beautiful arching bridges over the river.
- Ludd is the third biggest, but it’s built on the plains. Mostly one- and two-story buildings. Famous for horses.
- Vernex is the size of Ludd, but it’s mostly on an island, but partly on the shore. Many ferries and docks to cross back and forth.
- The Academy of Wizards is on an island. It has some enormous towers and one central tower that is bigger than the rest.
- There are many little villages/towns scattered across Daria, a few are named: Elmvale, Dobbton, Opal Cove, Clearwater (Mostly halflings live here.)
- The people of Daria know the names ‘Burrk’ and ‘Duroth’ as the northern and southern mountain regions that are unreachable due to the impassable Blasted Lands (the orcs live along the fringes of these wild lands.)
- The Falcon River flows between Dobbton and Opal Cove. (Many of the other rivers shown are suggestions and not fixed in the story.)
- The orc and goblin tribes are scattered north of the Alderheart, between Tornassa and the Blasted Lands.