You are a completely average, ordinary professional soccer player on the wrong side of thirty. You’ve been bouncing around between mediocre clubs for your entire career, and you expect to continue doing so until you retire- until your current club goes belly-up and turns your life upside down. You’re snatched up by the biggest club in the country on a free transfer, and all of a sudden you’ve got a lot more to contend with than late pay and bad turf.
Can you make up for lost time, leave a legacy and become a cult hero- or even a legend? Or will you fade away into obscurity?
– Your character starts out at age 31 and is male by default.
– Customize your personality, your playing style, and your life off the field. Be a family man or a playboy, straight or gay, or married to the game. Be loyal to your new club or try to climb even higher. Play fair or dirty, and face the consequences of both options.
– Be a tough-tackling defensive midfielder, a creative playmaker, or anything in between- be fast and powerful or quick and clever- just watch out for the dreaded Pulled Muscle.
– Build relationships with your teammates, your fans and all the people around you on your way to becoming a cult hero.
– Get called up to your national team!
Well, that’s the pitch, anyway! It’s a work in progress, and I’ll be putting up the demo as soon as I feel like I’ve got enough there (I’m working on it right this moment). In the meantime, I totally welcome suggestions, ideas, questions, whatever!