"The Fernweh Saga: Book One" by Aelsa Trevelyan

Hosted Games has a new game for you to play!

Some homecomings feel more like rude awakenings, but this one will become a waking nightmare. Find love while exposing the secrets of your eerie hometown! It's 33% off until January 12th!

The Fernweh Saga: Book One is a 600,000-word interactive, romantic thriller novel by Aelsa Trevelyan. It’s entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

Return to a small town that you now feel a stranger in. It has been years since you were sent away following the tragic house fire that claimed your parents’ lives, but the death of your grandfather has brought you back. While grim circumstances overshadow the visit you never planned on making, there are also opportunities to reminisce, reconnect, and reunite with old
childhood friends, rivals, and neighbors. Familiar faces are all around, but will they aid or hinder you as your return trip spirals into a dark mystery and you start experiencing vivid nightmares?

Begin to unravel what is going on in this seemingly idyllic, forested town.

A feeling of unease grows with each sleepless night spent within Fernweh’s borders, but you can’t leave yet…

It won’t let you.

• Play as male, female, or non-binary–with options to be gay, straight, bi, asexual, or poly.
  • Develop the beginning of a unique and enduring romance with 5 potential love interests.
  • Influence relationship dynamics with a cast of characters from your past and present.
  • Experience how your personality, habits, decisions, and relationships impact your visit to Fernweh and how you confront what lurks within the town.
  • Discover that things aren’t always what they seem by making connections and noticing links.
  • Fight, resist, flee, struggle, or give in to whatever is invading your nightmares and the town; there is more to it than a boring ole monster…Much more.
Fall in love, forge friendships, and uncover your past while spiraling into a mystery!

@lacunafiction developed this game using ChoiceScript, a simple programming language for writing multiple-choice interactive novels like these. Writing games with ChoiceScript is easy and fun, even for authors with no programming experience. Write your own game and Hosted Games will publish it for you, giving you a share of the revenue your game produces.

79 Likes

Congratulations! This one’s going to do big business, no doubt about that.

18 Likes

Congratulations, @lacunafiction! I’m very excited to return to Fernweh once again! I can’t wait to be swept up and lost in the town’s mysteries! :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Congratulations!!! :tada:

6 Likes

600k words? Yes, please! Haha

8 Likes

Congratulations on the release, I’m looking forward to reading it after enjoying the demo a lot!

Just bought on Steam, but unfortunately, like the recent game “The Passenger”, the game doesn’t run.
@jasonstevanhill, has CoG team found the issue with the latest titles that doesn’t run on Steam on Linux?

6 Likes

You can read suggestions on the Linux / Steam thread: Linux Issues on Steam

1 Like

I’ve already tried the workarounds on that topic and reported this issue with “The Passenger”, but unfortunately it’s still present in this title and I can’t play the game on Steam.
This problem arose only with these last two games, if that could be helpful.

1 Like

@hustlertwo Thank you! It’s been a labor of love to craft the story and its world; I hope everyone enjoys it.

@CreedH00d First, happy birthday! :partying_face: Thank you for the well wishes.

@Lambkin I’m sure S will be happy to sweep Marice off her feet as well, but the mysteries are nice too! :wink:

@Graviton Thank you for your support! I hope the issues with Steam on Linux get worked out; I don’t really have much technical expertise on Linux I can offer, but I hope that you can explore Fernweh soon. :evergreen_tree:

13 Likes

Awesome. Already bought it and will read it later. On my way home. :grin:

6 Likes

Woot! In the immortal words of seagulls everywhere, “MINE!”

6 Likes

Aww, thank you so much! :smiling_face:

1 Like

Congratulations on the release @lacunafiction. Can’t wait to dive into the story! I probably have to avoid the discussion thread since it will be awhile before I finish. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I just played the Demo 2 days ago, give me a chance to take it all in!! Lol. But no I’m so freaking excited!! I’m about to head over there now. Congrats on your release!! :tada:

Summary

Whoo now All I need next is Breach 2, Wayhaven 3, Midnight Saga 2 and Shadow Society 2!!

4 Likes

Oh, wow, I actually ran out of likes. :scream_cat: Please imagine me liking all the congratulations, except the hearts aren’t pink, but your favorite color.

@Scorporal I’m a little late, but that means you’re likely in town now, so that’s cool!

@Vyndral What I love about what you typed is that I can see: R possibly saying that too at times, hmm. I’m (mostly) kidding; thank you for being so enthusiastic about playing.

@resuri08 Thank you! I will be so happy when you get to enjoy more of R’s romance. :black_heart:

I’m sure that the others are eager for you to dive into the conversation as well. :smiley: I know my betas have kept telling me how excited they are to speak to new Returning Visitors. I am too! So far, people are being really great with using the spoiler blur feature and summary tags; we will be happy whenever you join, no rush or worries.

I hope you enjoy your visit in Fernweh. :deer:

@Shenice_L Oh, you have perfect timing! :star_struck:

12 Likes

Congratulations @lacunafiction – I have been holding off reading the demo because I wanted to go into the story with truly fresh eyes.

I can’t wait until I have time to give the story a proper read. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

CONGRATS ON THE RELEASE!!! I have been so hyped for this since reading the WiP. Marked the release on calendar and spent my day devouring it on my breaks from work. It was well worth the wait!! First play through was chefs kiss :kissing_heart: Loved it. Now to play through with all the ROs, because all of them are amazing. Love it all. Congrats on the release again!!!:heart:

7 Likes

I love your game! The triangle love between james, Reese and our MC is my fav lmfao

6 Likes

i’m not done with part one yet but i read until 2am last night despite work and i just wanted to say that i’m obsessed and part two cannot come fast enough!!

6 Likes

Congratulations on the release @lacunafiction, I’ve been looking forward for this.

4 Likes