The Drag Queens and the wallflower (Interest check)

Yeah from what I have read, i feel like i’m about to take that advice. At least I exposed my idea even if it wasn’t well received.

1 Like

Indeed. Good on you for trying.

1 Like

I have to echo your sentiments. While the story itself could be really good, it would be like walking through a minefield the entire time. You would have some very harsh criticism from a lot of people which really just takes the fun out of writing. Not only that but since the subject material would be a turn off to most folks you’d probably make very little from it. So unless you really want to continue to make this story, I have to recommend you save yourself the headaches and arguments. Sorry this didn’t work out for you.

3 Likes

stealing/stole

How did the author portray that, when only one woman did anything wrong so far. Unless the drag queens are also trans instead of just cross-dressers and even if you counted them, it seems unfair to me since it’s just the start of the story.

Plus the main male doesn’t seem so positive either.

To be in drag is just to have a male dressed in female clothes, it’s a common setup to force it on someone, usually someone who made a sexist comment, or use it as a disguise, especially in kid’s shows, an ironic punishment and we’re playing the bigot so it fits. It’s (drag) not the same as being trans.

Even with the negative setup, you’re working alongside others for the story and if ever major reoccurring character is bad then there wouldn’t be much of an audience. I’m sure the portrayal will come out positive especially with this forum helping.

If you are FORCED to be dressed as woman YOU AREN’T A DRAG. YOU ARE A MAN FORCED TO DRESS A WOMAN. A drag person trans or not trans .Is someone that VOLUNTARY want dress that way to express herself himself or themself .Is they way of be… NOT FORCED to do so.

It is like saying If someone is forced to have sex against their respective inclination change of them ( Sadly there are bigotry people who thinks that way. To the point rape lesbians to “cure” them… Monsters.)

The way authors portraits pc wife is like wording all women are or religious bigotry or druggies bad person who cheating.

Worse enough I know drag queen That are no trans and in their bar they accept everyone. There are cis heterosexual man, cis heterosexual woman… gays lesbians trans… We respect you if you respect us is their motto. So say THEY FORCED YOU DRESS AS A WOMAN TO WORK THERE It is insulting in my opinion. I never saw a drag saying You no dress like me FIRED GO FUCK OFF. They were so tolerant. In Spain Drags are part of our culture now there are festivals and carnival events that are massive followed for them. Like Canary Island drag queen of carnival. So I see it insulting

That’s what drags were for a long time in plays. Men acting as a women, in a time when women weren’t allowed to act, this is the same circumstance.

Isn’t that the opposite scenario, where 4/5 of the time the father is alcoholic and messes up the wife’s relationship with her kid(s)? Because you know men are always the abusers. An even then everyone except their kids are portrayed negatively (except maybe kittie but definitely not at first glance), if the wife wasn’t bad, it’d be "“all those men are horrible, that woman is the only nice character, all men are evil” instead. One woman being evil does not constitute implying that slightly more than half the world being evil.

One those do not sound equal at all, and two slightly annoyed you automatically went to female victim male abuser, after arguing that the author was stereotyping women.

You are dressed in drag. It’s an acronym meaning almost exactly that.

Dressed Resembling A Girl
D. R. A. G

It’s probably part of a gimmick in the bar if they specifically want a drag queen as a worker. How is this any different from wearing a uniform, that you may be embarrassed from? Say a mascot, you wear a uniform and act a certain way for your job, if you don’t you’re fired.

This was an accidental implication I assume?

I don’t think you realize just how wrong this is. Females can dress in drag and commonly do just to show you screw up your first 10 words.

There is a lot more wrong with this but I’m not in the mood to deal with it now.

Happy New Years everyone.

2 Likes

If we aren’t talking about kings and queens wouldn’t that be hard to do? Because you wouldn’t wear something over explicitly female in everyday life without being showy?

Tbe origin of a word in English is one think and other the community who use it and their life style. You are saying drag queen is just a bunch of people dressed as women forced or not. It is a life style and a way to be for many non binary trans or just simply men that like that as a genuine way to express themselves.

You are considering a life style and a way to be with authors that play as women in a theatre or a cinema.

If you don’t feel the dress and the persona you are just a cost player or a men dressed as women . That’s what my friends said to me.They never forced a man to dress as one . Because that’s exactly what they fight against. they idea they just are DRESSED AS WOMAN for fun. At least is that way here in Spain maybe In other places Draggs is just a cost play version and forced men into it . Here if you are forced dress as woman or man you could actually accuse them of sexual mistreatment .

1 Like

There is so much wrong with this paragraph - with this post - I honestly don’t know where to begin. It’s just… boi

And I was mulling on getting angry about it, maybe even typing up a long-winded reply, but honestly @Eiwynn’s right. I’m home alone with alcohol and chocolate and this ain’t worth my New Year’s, especially on a cancelled project.

2 Likes

@Laguz So I am right no? Because what I heard here and what he said has nothing in common so It’s different our position here from rest of world. Here men in carnival dress as women for fun. BUT THEY DON’T SAY I am DRAG… They are just men in carnival a normal stuff here since forever. When someone say I am a drag queen or not we know the difference. Some are trans some are gays some are heterosexual but they frel themselves dressed as the way woman dressed for centuries. Most of them here sing imitation divas.

Here drags are part of cultural scene so mach events are tv broadcasting. this is a video from the Dragg queen Grand canaria carnaval contest Winner in 2015 I like it so this is a drag queen not a man dressed as woman.

2 Likes

I didn’t say queen I just said drag for most of my post. And it did say offered a job, how is it forced?

Author literally said you are FORCED to be a drag. Thing that can’t be forced because is a live style is what are you are or feel good with. You could be forced to dress as a woman but not to be a drag. The origin of the word has mutated implies a lot more than just dress as girl. It is like the change in meaning gay.

That does not sound like someone is forcing him, he just considers his circumstances to be unpleasant otherwise. If we were literally forced by a person I don’t think offer would show up.

That reminded me of batman and jokers boners(mistake, not the blood filled organ). Isn’t that a bad example? I mean I still see happy gay occasionally.

I just came here to say that this project could have huge success if you pulled out an Ichi The Killer or GG Allin move. So hated people actually would buy it to see what the fuss is all about. Now, I don’t really want to get into any arguments about sexism and stuff because I’m not really an easily offendable person. What I wanted to say is said :stuck_out_tongue:

You are FORCED TO DRESS AS A WOMEN NOT LICKING IT. I just will stop here because you are just trying to go around the semantics of wording trying to spinning the meaning to your liking. Think as you might and we agree to disagree.

1 Like

Since the original poster has stated they’re not going ahead with this idea, I’m going to lock this thread.

3 Likes