The CoG TVTropes Page

UPDATE:
Added a list of hosted games, currently consisting of @Ramidel 's “Holy Trinity” as well as “Apex Patrol” and “Way Walkers”

Since Zombie Exodus is the only one with a page, I didn’t put links in the others.

I would jump in on this but, I don’t really have an encylopedic knowledge of COD Games even those I’ve bought and beaten handily.

That said, gotta love TvTropes for stealing all the hours away.

@RVallant well you don’t need an encyclopediac knowledge. You just need to have played them. Even just a few contributions would be helpful. Of course I’m a hypocrite here since I’m standing on the sidelines cheering instead of participating. I just know the moment I start I won’t get any of my own writing done because I’ll be too busy tropifying all the games I own. It’ll be such a huge time sink. I have no self control.

Once I am done with Part 5 of ZE (gods help me), I can help with setting up pages or adding content. I can help with SoI first since Cataphrak rather not (for editorial integrity).

Also, as this is only one marketing effort, if anyone wants help on raising awareness of her or his game, please let me know, as I have spent considerable T&E for ZE.

@cataphrak holy trinity ?

Is “Choice Of Games is a small partnership that creates text-based Choose Your Own Adventure games based on a scripting language they developed - ChoiceScript.” precisely accurate?

err… it’s a limited liability corporation, not a partnership.

We incorporated in December.

@Jasonstevanhill I thought so. I was just about to steal the first paragraph form the about page on the website only it’s currently out of date. It says all of the games are available for free on the web, which they aren’t anymore.

Okay I edited it, if anyone else has a better way of phrasing things please feel free to do it. No more TV Tropes for me! NO! I will resist the siren call.

@FairyGodfeather - I’m fussy :wink: Nothing annoys me more than going into a game that I’ve devoured the lore for and seeing plot and character points being misapplied to tropes.

A suggestion though, wouldn’t it be an idea to have a topic for each game to discuss the tropes that crop up and then editing the page to include them all? It might garner a few thoughts from the few who would like to contribute but aren’t confident to do so?

@RVallant I think a separate thread for creating tv tropes would be great. Will that spam the forums though? Maybe we’ll need a mod input on that if they’ll mind us making one. We could definitely do one for the various tropes in games.

It was bugging me that there was one wrong on Heroes Rise, but I just can’t change it. If I start editing I will stop writing my own game. I will be sucked into a huge time sink.

Come. Join us. Don’t be afraid!

I think that, to the extent that we need to work together, one thread will be fine.

I’ve put links on the main page to the hosted games.

Can someone add some tropes for Slammed! I added a category for it but it took me a few tries to even get that right.

I took the liberty of at least adding the trope that first popped into my head. If anyone thinks of any others, then have at it. :slight_smile:

It’s really not difficult at all provided that you reference other pages where similar kinds of edits have been (correctly, in all hopes) made.

Trooooopes! I want to help <3

I’ll go make an account or something. This sounds like fun c:

@Potato Oh great! That would be fantastic.

There’s no entries for Way Walkers University, Life Of A Wizard, Sabres Of Infinity or Paradox Factor.

Nothing under To the City of Clouds, Eerie Estate Agent, Choice of the Star Captain.

It also looks like while tropes are being added to the ChoiceOfGames TV Tropes page, there’s no corresponding entry about Choice of Games on the tropes page. Does that make sense?

Should we be ensuring that every game with a trope in it is added to the trope page? As well as every trope is added to the game page?

@FairyGodfeather
Sounds pretty damn good to me, after 3 years of enjoying and learning from other people’s contributions on there, it really is high time I started chipping in myself.

@RupertDragoul Fantastic! Well you did seem like an expert on the other thread. I never even knew most of those tropes existed. Might as well use your awesome powers for the good of all. :slight_smile: I’ll definitely be grateful.

Well I guess if there’s anything able to make me make sign in to tv tropes it’s this forum. I already spend more time there than is proper reading on movies, tv shows, video games and books